• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So it was John Cena's choice for Nexus not to defeat him..

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
So I was just listening to Chris Jericho's podcast with Edge.
Apparently John Cena didn't allow himself to lose to Nexus and he chose the ending to the match which killed their momentum.

Edge and Jericho pleaded with Cena to let the Nexus win but he couldn't see why he should. Really interesting listen, this John Cena in an entirely new light for me.

[YOUTUBE]G9FrSjPqgxs[/YOUTUBE]

I want to believe that a guy that does so much for the make a wish kids would be a generally nice guy, but when listening to so many wrestlers talk about him its like he's all smoke/mirrors and isn't really as nice behind the scenes as he portrays. I've seen him on Total Divas and he appears to be a dick.. as well.. I hope the make a wish thing isn't just a publicity stunt.. I would like to believe that they are nice people in the world. (As naive as that may sound)

Makes me wonder if Ryback last year and Bray Wyatt this year were supposed to go over on him originally...

[youtube]P6vi4WCnCl0[/youtube][youtube]S6T8isVKlsk[/youtube]
[youtube]N1qWOtoLYN0[/youtube]

IF ALL THIS IS TRUE.... THEN..... I WILL PLAY THIS WHEN EVER HE COMES OUT..

[youtube]YGzquuxg220[/youtube]

Which other stars, apart from the mediocre ones like Michael Tarver and the Spirit Squad guy have spoke in a negative way about Cena?

While I would question how the ending went down, Cena beating Nexus was for the best. I'm sure some of the casual fans would have got bored of these rookies running around and terrorising the company. Besides, apart from Bryan and Barrett (after 4 years), which one of them would have benefited?

Here's the thing: Nexus wasn't a story of eight people. It was the story of Wade Barrett. Ignoring the fact that Barrett has had a solid career for himself, don't you think it's a bit of a stretch to have two guys who have been in the company less than a year take out Cena? Yeah two guys, because people forget that Nexus happened about six months after Sheamus beat Cena for the Raw Title. A bunch of rookies beating a team of all stars didn't make sense and it's not a big deal.

I've seen him on Total Divas and he appears to be a dick.. as well.. I hope the make a wish thing isn't just a publicity stunt..

I have seen the show also & I dont get that sense. He is obviously more quiet & reserved, but when your character is so over the top people somehow expect him to be like that in real life. That hardly makes him a dick. Plus the guy takes care of his family & knows what he wants out of life. He busts his ass & like him or not- the guy does more than most ever will.

Hinting that the make a wish stuff could be a publicity stunt is just stupid. I am sure there are days when things like that can be a chore when the demands of his schedule can wear a guy down, but he really seems like a genuine guy. I am not a fan of his character, but I respect the man for his career & accomplishments outside the ring.

As far as the Nexus stuff goes, they had a good run, but Cena going over was the right call. It didnt hurt the actual stars in the group, no matter how sour the lesser members feel about it. Tarver can eat a dick. The other members are doing just fine & some are even bigger than we could have thought.

Yeah, look at where Barrett is now - Bad News Barrett!

Gabriel, Slater and the other guys were never gonna get over anyway. Nexus was all about Wade Barrett. And I never felt Barrett was ready to be a main eventer or a WWE Champion at the time. I was bored to tears during his two title matches with Orton.

Things turned out for the best.

Also, you're lying. They did NOT say that it was Cena's decision to go over, Edge threw the part about wanting Nexus to win as an aside in a discussion about how shitty the ending of the match was.

Also, you're lying. They did NOT say that it was Cena's decision to go over, Edge threw the part about wanting Nexus to win as an aside in a discussion about how shitty the ending of the match was.

810663d1372092766-solstice-cometh-ngbbs4990d19aa0e38.jpg

This had nothing to do with the actual result, that was decided way in advance. It had to do with the way the match ended.

Also, when you're using Chavo Guerrero, who had talked incessant shit about Cena and seems to think he's a better wrestler than him (lol) to make your point, you've kinda already come down on what side you're leaning towards.

Total Divas isn't fucking real.

True, but scripted or not, you can still get a sense that the guys are pretty grounded & just being themselves for the most part. Whereas its very clear the girls are hamming it up\ being catty for the cameras & dramatic effect.

Either way, Cena picked the wrong Bella. Bryan clearly won the twin lottery.

Sometimes it surprises is me how much people care about how these guys are behind the scenes. Why is it so important for someone like Cena to be a stand up guy in his real life?
I don't know about you guys but I don't pay my money to see Cena based on how he is behind the scenes, he could be the biggest asshole ever and it still wouldn't change how good he is or his impact on the business. Ty Cobb was one of the biggest assholes in the history of baseball but he's still one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of cleats. Who the fuck cares if he's a douche in real life? He's a human being who played baseball, not some mythical creature who shoots skittle rainbows out of his ass.

Even so at the end of the day its not up to him, Vince could say any time "Fuck you Cena you're DOING the job!" and even if Cena hated it he would still do it, he's doesn't seem like one of those guys who pulls the "do it my way or I'm gone!" card.

Lastly, he doesn't seem like a bad guy in real life either, maybe just a guy who might have made a mistake. Take the Nexus angle for example, Jericho and Edge both said this is something that happens to top guys all the time, having blinders on because they're so set on doing what they normally do. Jericho and Edge both told Cena how they felt, Cena disagreed but a few days after Summerslam Cena admitted he should have put Wade over. You could argue he should have put Wade over at Summerslam but at least he saw the error by not putting Wade over, he didn't pretend like he was right. He made a mistake and admitted to that mistake, sounds like a pretty decent guy to me, most of WZ Forums can't even do that.

I only listened to the first one that was posted with Edge and Jericho talking and I got the same impression that a couple other people here got. Cena came up with an ending that Jericho and Edge didn't think was good and Cena was being hard headed about it the same way Edge was being hard headed about being in the money in the bank match at Wrestlemania even going as far as to say take him off the card completely.

The also point out that Cena came over to them after the match and said they were right and he was wrong.

The only video I watched was the podcast where one guy ripped on Show and Kane, so I opted for switching it off and ignoring them to death.

According to Striker in his shoot, Cena doesn't really like to deal with people lower on the roster because most of them try to buddy up to him or keep asking him for ways to get over or propose angles and stuff. What was astounding about his shoot was how Cena reacted when Striker just sat down with him one lunch and asked him how his day was, with Cena reacting in slight shock because people on the roster so rarely tried to interact with him as a human being as opposed to someone they can use to get over. Considering how reasonable he's come off as opposed to other people, I'm inclined to take him at his word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gji1xUKhbAg

Do TNA superstars not visit sick kids in the hospital because they see it as a publicity stunt or because no sick kids give a shit about them?

Must be the latter; I'd imagine TNA would be in a rush to get into the hospitals with kids.

After all, Dixie doesn't pay medical bills. Swiping the pain pills from kids is their best way to get medication for their illnesses.

Kurt Angle can't go to enough Make a Wish Kids. It's why he's always missing shows.

This. A million fucking times this. I'm so sick of people misunderstanding those comments.

Must be the latter; I'd imagine TNA would be in a rush to get into the hospitals with kids.

After all, Dixie doesn't pay medical bills. Swiping the pain pills from kids is their best way to get medication for their illnesses.

Kurt Angle can't go to enough Make a Wish Kids. It's why he's always missing shows.

I remember reading an interview with Jesse Sorensen after he was released. He talked about a kid with cancer getting to come to the Impact Zone and meet the wrestlers and get in the ring with Christy before a show. He wanted to because he loved TNA and it came off as a really sweet and heartfelt moment.

Since it's TNA, no one bothered to film it.

Did you guys notice, when Chavo was talking about Cena, Jericho used the word "typical" quite a few times.
While Jericho himself maintained professionalism and didn't directly bash Cena, could that mean that he too agrees that Cena is always a douchebag like that?

We're forming an opinion of someone we've never met based on the opinions of a few people involved in a much, much larger group of people who don't have a problem with him. Nobody is perfect, and nobody is going to get along with everybody. If you go out and actively seek out the few people who have an issue with Cena, of course it's going to be easy to paint a picture of Cena with devil horns and a spiked tail. And these problems aren't even worth the time it took to make a thread like this.

"John Cena didn't congratulate me after my match."

Was it rude? Sure. That doesn't mean the guy isn't completely deserving of everything he's achieved throughout his career by means of legitimate hard work and dedication. You need to take these backstage stories and "shoots" with a grain of salt. All they are is one single person's perspective. And if you've ever dealt with gossip or shit-talking in real life, you know how unreliable they can be.

Don't let backstage, personal shit that nobody here is involved with, alter your perspective of a fictional TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back