• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I'm just getting into MMA

SK

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaack
Recently, I've just started to become an MMA fan, I have watched UFC 97, 98, 99 and 100. So basically I don't know much about it, I know the basic rules and a lot of big name fighters, but I want to know mor

Is there any matches that I should watch? (e.g. classics, highly rated matches etc.)

Who are the legends of MMA?

Who should I look out for in the MMA scene?

I would appreciate any answers you may have and look forward to start talking MMA with you.

You should really talk to jmt225 about this. He is God when it comes to MMA.

I am in the same boat as you but I have been watching it for a little bit longer I would say. I am not too knowledgeable about it but I like to watch it. As for legends, there is a few who come to mind. Gracie and Liddell are probably as big of an influence as you are going to get. Gracie really paved the way for a lot of guys in MMA, especially the UFC. GSP even talked about him at UFC100. The guy was great. Liddell was the same and was a fan favourite. He deserved to be inducted into the hall of fame in my opinion. He did so much for the UFC.

You should also keep an eye on TM's history of the UFC thread. He started with UFC1 and it is amzing to see how far the UFC has come since then. All the matches that you should watch will be in there I am sure. You should start with Gracie vs. Shamrock. Good match.

The people you should be looking out for just now are probably your UFC champions. Lesnar has a huge future and I for one really look forward to seeing who GSP fight next. Fedor vs. Lesnar will be a good match too so I would say them. Of course, I am no expert and I think when jmt tells you what to look out for, that's who you should look out for.

Hope I helped slightly.

Reactions: SK
Is there any matches that I should watch? (e.g. classics, highly rated matches etc.)

Check out this thread:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=53629

I'm going to update it soon.

Who are the legends of MMA?

Royce Gracie, Fedor Emelianenko, Don Frye, Ken Shamrock, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Antônio Rogério Nogueira, Takanori Gomi, Mark Coleman, among others.

Who should I look out for in the MMA scene?

Look at the sticky threads that list the rankings by IC and look at our discussions. That should help you out a lot to see who are the top dogs in the sport.

Reactions: SK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back