So Cena doesn't care that he lost

I can't help but think everyone missed the point of this

You are a wrestler. You're in a world title match. The lights go out when you are about to win. You get laid out. You lost your rematch.

You wake up with a headache from the attack, a constant reminder.Tonight you have a show.. you should be beyond pissed and looking for some payback or at the very least some kind of explanation. If it wasn't anything more than a backstage confrontation with one of Wyatts goons saying tell your boss when I see him we're going to have a misunderstanding or hell just a dirty look that would have been fine.

You assume the Wyatts were even there. As Cena proved the week before, in kayfabe not everyone shows up at the same time. It is perfectly understandable for The Wyatts to show up when they feel like it.

nothing at all, well he kinda just looks stupid and he's too high up in the card to be that scared of a trio when he's taken down larger groups like Nexus.

It's Cena. He's still the "Rise Above" guy. He knows he will get other chances for revenge and many more chances for his 79th world title reign. He's played this game before. He will get other chances. Randy Orton beat up his dad but he waited a full week to get his hands on Orton.

Plus, do you really want to get in to it with The Wyatts backstage? It's not exactly the best place to confront them.

Just enjoy that DB and Lesnar are the focus of the show. Cena has had and will get plenty of time.

Cena will cost the Wyatts against the Shield and that's where it starts...

Cena the man didn't care about the loss - it's in his interest to have new monster heels and Bray is perhaps the best one to help nurture as he's the first to be truly creepy and unique in years... They won't feed him to Cena in the way others have...

I can even see Wyatt winning at Mania (especially if the Kane brainwashing pays off) cos it's in John's interest to have a new "nemesis".

RAW on Monday was strange because they not only had to contend with the Rumble backlash, but also the pipebomb of Phil going home... The attitude may well have been "We can pick this up again next week cos we have to change this, this and this." but at least we know Cena but more importantly Bryan is in the Chamber match this way...

Cena the man may not care, but Cena the character still should. In fact, this is something I have noticed about the WWE lately. With an extra hour of television time, they still act as if there aren't enough hours in their broadcast to include wrestlers lamenting in a fired-up fashion about getting a victory back. Wrestling, in a lot of ways, is wins and losses and John Cena AND Daniel Bryan mentioned nothing about losing their respective matches at the Rumble. Hell, Bryan even sounded happy about it. Really, dude? You lost. Get mad about it. Sure, it's creative's job to slot that kind of thing in there, but regardless, you have 3HRS! These guys should be able to show some kind of adversity after a loss in an explicit fashion.

I'm thinking we will see limited intinteractions with the Wyatts and The Shield. Me thinks this is just the program they use to get Reigns out of The Shield. Dean and Seth will turn on him at the PPV. Bray isn't interested in them, they weren't his target. He'll still be focused on Cena.

This is the most obvious and sensbile explataion. The match seems like it was kinda thrown together to get all the guys on the show and further a couple storylines, but it's not a real feud or anything.

Because Cena is out of the title picture now and it's time to move him into his WM feud which will be against The Wyatts. This is how it's supposed to be anyhow because you get tired of the same shit over and over "GIMME MY WEMACH!"

WWE hasn't done this in a while.

Oh wait, they did with DB.

Because Cena is out of the title picture now and it's time to move him into his WM feud which will be against The Wyatts. This is how it's supposed to be anyhow because you get tired of the same shit over and over "GIMME MY WEMACH!"

WWE hasn't done this in a while.

Oh wait, they did with DB.

It's not about demanding a rematch as much as it is having your characters behave in a logical fashion after losing a match at arguably the second biggest PPV of the year. Attention to detail, sir. Besides, a large portion of what we see on television is rehashed and repeated, only with different players. It's like Glengarry Glen Ross. Same story, different actors, you get my point.

From what I read the re-writing of the show started straight after the Rumble fiasco, and the only change Punk walking out created was that Bertie vs Kofi went a bit longer to eat up that extra segment.

Cena's arc for the night went from making the save in the first segment to being put into a match where he could get another shot at the WWE title, so his focus was there. Personally I'd have had him do a little backstage interview with Renae where he promises to deal with Bray later but is concentrating on getting his spot in the Chamber, just to briefly address his anger.

Well his character isn't one to complain and a match was announced giving him a chance at a title shot before he could even touch a microphone.

That's the point. What we have in Cena is an honest workman, striving to improve his ring repertoire while embracing the All-American attitude with his work ethic and never-say-die approach to his profession. He plays the type of character a girl wants to bring home to her mother, the kind of can-do guy everyday people should love.

So, naturally, a large number of people "hate" him or are "bored" with him....his honest, grind-it-out approach to wrestling earns nothing but scorn from many people, although my own feeling is that a lot of the boos from the crowd are being voiced by folks who hear others booing and, after all, want to do what everyone else is doing.

Still, Cena's character being what it is, he's not going to improve matters by complaining into the mic about his situation. It wouldn't sit well with the haters, would it? Cena is the type who can wear a title belt or chase one; he's equally proficient at both, so his next big chance is always just around the corner.

That's the point. What we have in Cena is an honest workman, striving to improve his ring repertoire while embracing the All-American attitude with his work ethic and never-say-die approach to his profession. He plays the type of character a girl wants to bring home to her mother, the kind of can-do guy everyday people should love.

So, naturally, a large number of people "hate" him or are "bored" with him....his honest, grind-it-out approach to wrestling earns nothing but scorn from many people, although my own feeling is that a lot of the boos from the crowd are being voiced by folks who hear others booing and, after all, want to do what everyone else is doing.

Still, Cena's character being what it is, he's not going to improve matters by complaining into the mic about his situation. It wouldn't sit well with the haters, would it? Cena is the type who can wear a title belt or chase one; he's equally proficient at both, so his next big chance is always just around the corner.

Jeez, here we go with the analysis of Cena-haters. This topic has nothing to do with who likes Cena's character or who doesn't.

It has to do with Creative leaving a gaping hole open for 3 hours of RAW by not having ANY thing mentioned about Wyatt costing Cena the match.

So what you are trying to say, and failing miserably at saying, is that Cena not making ONE reference to Wyatt is actually an example of Cena's "work ethic/never-say-die" attitude. Sure, makes sense to me.

This topic has nothing to do with who likes Cena's character or who doesn't.

Personally, I think Cena's on-air character has everything to do with whether he "doesn't care that he lost a title match." Then again, broad interpretations of a subject require broad minds to interpret them, a fact you might remember before using insults to address the people who have taken the time and effort to reply to your topic.

Personally, I think Cena's on-air character has everything to do with whether he "doesn't care that he lost a title match." Then again, broad interpretations of a subject require broad minds to interpret them, a fact you might remember before using insults to address the people who have taken the time and effort to reply to your topic.

He wasn't insulting you Mustang Sally. He was only pointing out that when people mention anything wrong that involves Cena, they are called Cena haters or are explained to what Cena is and isn't. It's not the point at all. It doesn't make him narrow minded.

I understand, he isn't the type to complain about something and he isn't the type to whine about something. But Cena is the "never give up" fight all opposition guy. If he was cost the title by someone then typically Cena would call that person out because they obviously want to fight. Cena has never been the one to walk away from a fight when someone has attacked him. He usually just calls that person out and confronts them face to face. Then he gets louder and take off his shirt and dog tags. He should have done something to the effect of calling the Wyatts out for a fight or telling Bray that if there is a problem then to come to him man to man and say it to his face. The hero never looks away from the problem. This was just creative dropping the ball there. I mean this was their title match and it ended in controversy. Every single time a major title match ends in controversy at a PPV it is addressed the next night on Raw. Creative was in too much of a mess to get their shit together it seems. No one is bashing Cena.

Your "broad interpretation of the subject" falls flat when applied to the issue at hand.

The only acceptable reason why Cena's "character" ignored what happened to him at the Rumble, thus giving the impression that he "doesn't care that he lost", is that the WWE needed to re-write RAW based on Punk's unexpected exit, and forced them to put off the progression of the Cena-Wyatt storyline for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back