• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Snookie On Raw, Trish only noticable talent, Celebrities on show bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tablekorner

The AWESOME! World Champion
Trish Stratus versus Vickie Guerrero to decide if Vickie will be on RAW. The match in my opinion was bad. Also bringing Snookie onto RAW was not in my opinion something they shouldn't have done. Personally I do not think that bringing Celebrities onto the show is a good idea, I think that it just waste time that could be used to show good wrestling matches, which is why we are all watching. The most noticeable part of the fight after the match was Trish Stratus. I don't think I saw Snookie throw a single punch, in fact the whole thing looked very similar to when Angelina appeared on TNA. The most noticeable part of the whole match was Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison's mini fight.

So my question's are

What was the most noticeable part of the entire segment for you?
Do you think that celebrities appearing on WWE is a bad idea and a waste of time?
What did you think of Trish, seeing her back in the ring?

Side note. Who thought it was funny when Ziggler was yelling at Morrison "You're not a girl!", did it not sound like he was referring to himself as a girl?

I saw nothing of value in it. Ziggler vs Morrison would be a fine match on it's own, but the ladies will only serve to make it worse.

Do you think that celebrities appearing on WWE is a bad idea and a waste of time?

I think it hinders the show more than it helps. At least they aren't doing it every week anymore.

She's one of the WWE's all time best female performers. Still, ladies wrestling doesn't draw a dime. I'd rather see the divas as valets and/or managers than actual in-ring workers.

I'm just extremely pissed that Ziggler and Morrison are being used in such garbage fashion for the biggest night in all of wrestling. Why couldn't they just have a MiTB match and insert Morrison and Ziggler into it.

I know, I know, it has its own pay per view now, but there is something really cool about on the night when legends usually rule, new legends can be created by winning the brief case in what is usually always an epic match.

Hopefully, Ziggler's push will start back up again after all the hullabaloo from Mania calms down. And for Morrison too, but I have doubts that he will ever get that BIG push cuz of his lack of mic skills. I love the guy, though.

So my question's are

Side note. Who thought it was funny when Ziggler was yelling at Morrison "You're not a girl!", did it not sound like he was referring to himself as a girl?

The most noticeable part of the segment, for me was how good Trish Stratus looked, seriously she's still smoking hot. Do I think having celebrities appearing on Raw or Smackdown is a bad idea, yes I do I think it's a complete waste of time that could go to superstars that need it more.

I absolutly loved seeing Trish back, even if it was in a complete train reck of a segment. I'd obviously like to see trish back more often even if it meant segments like this one.

P.S. I actually thought he was yelling at Snookie whe he said "you're not a girl" and yes I found it funny.

snookie!?! really?? Is she going to end up in the Hall of Fame as well? what a joke, I get that it'll bring attention blah blah blah but come on now, at least get someone better. I'm guessing the Kardashians didn't return their calls adn they got stuck with Snookie. Though I will admit she was VERY different from her character which makes me wonder if jersey shore is more pretend than reality. Either way though, it's a waste for Morrison and Zigler, i agree 100% they should have just used them in MITB, or at least have a better team of women on morrison's side like um i dunno MELINA! As for trish it was great seeing her back but she is not able to hang right now, she has ring rust and it shows, why she is now training now im not too sure. Either way, she just looks a little sloppy in the ring and you'd almost forget she was one of the best females of the past decade. They need to skip the celebs who are there for just namesake like snooki or drew carey, who is in the hall of fame yet he didn't even realize a current wrestler on his own show!! (brian kendrick)

With the NFL lockout going on now would be a PERFECT time to incorporate some real athletes into the show who could at least put some kind of match on. There are a ton of guys looking for a quick payday right now, why not use them instead of fuckin snookie.. unless you are planning on hooking kevin nash up to give her a facial

I thought Snookie's little thesz press was kinda cute but I was looking forward to seeing Kelly Kelly in this match since there is speculation of a heel turn for her.

But... I'm indifferent to the celebrity aspect, I feel that without Snooki, Trish's presence would have been bigger..., but then the show would really just be about past superstars... so I dunno.

with the Rock, and Stone Cold, and now Drew Carry (blegh) and Snooki, I think the WWE is jamming as many names in Wrestlemania as possible, because maybe they don't fully trust Miz-Cena or Edge-Del Rio to really headline the show, and aren't sure about HHH-Undertaker because of their respective age and health issues.

with the Rock, and Stone Cold, and now Drew Carry (blegh) and Snooki, I think the WWE is jamming as many names in Wrestlemania as possible, because maybe they don't fully trust Miz-Cena or Edge-Del Rio to really headline the show, and aren't sure about HHH-Undertaker because of their respective age and health issues.

You forgot to mention JBL, JR, Trish, and Brian Christopher. But yes this is a good argument towards the bad attempts at attention. None of them are going to bring any more viewers then the show already will get without them.

EDIT: Maybe you just ment people that are actually appearing at Wrestlemania 27 and didn't just make a small appearance.

I didn't really like the whole night with Snookie. They basically had her over shadow Trish. Then to make it worse they added her to a wrestlemania match. Which that paycheck could be going to someone better then her.

The whole match was bad but what did you exspect with Vicki in it? She isn't a wrestler. Plus it was a give me that LayCool would come down to save Vicki. So the whole angle was stupid. Could of had someone like Kelly Kelly come out and help Trish which would of made it better at Mania then Snooki being in the match. Which that is saying alot.

As for Celebrities being brought in, I think you can go either way with this. You have some that seem to fit in really well into the whole wrestling world and can add to the show. Then others that seem to be out of place and add nothing to the show or even take away from the show. Like you have the ones that have been brough in and know everything about wrestling know the wrestlers and you can tell want to be there. Then the others that are just there to try and bring in viewers. So I think as long as the celeb is there because they love wrestling and you can tell that then it's not a problem. But the ones that are brought in to just get people to tune in should be stopped and give a paycheck to a wrestler.

You forgot to mention JBL, JR, Trish, and Brian Christopher. But yes this is a good argument towards the bad attempts at attention. None of them are going to bring any more viewers then the show already will get without them.

I was just talking about Wrestlemania, with those people. But, yeah, there have definitley been a lot more meaningful old wrestler cameos and celebrity appearances in the last few months than in the last year and a half or so, however long it's been since I got back into wrestling. The older wrestler cameos, I like those. The random guest hosts or other miscellaneous duties that random celebrities have? Those, I don't like.

As for Celebrities being brought in, I think you can go either way with this. You have some that seem to fit in really well into the whole wrestling world and can add to the show. Then others that seem to be out of place and add nothing to the show or even take away from the show.

Snookie for sure took away from the show. But there are some that can add to it, like Floyd (Money) Mayweather's feud with Bigshow. Another example of someone drawing to the show and shows an interest in wrestling would be Adam (Pacman) Jones, being a tag team partner with Ron "The Truth" Killings in TNA. One more would be Bart Scott's appearance on TNA and his small fight with Kurt Angle who was trying to show him proper respect after saying he liked Bart. It ended in a broken ankle.

It WrestleMania season this is where they bring celebs into the mix. It always been like this go back and watch every WM there's Celeb's there. So quit ur Belly-Achin people. It's called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason. It been main stream since 1984 with the Beginning of the Rock'N'Wrestling Era. This is Wrestling not Wrasslin. To end I don't think it's a bad idea if they're used in the right way. I think Vickie will be the GM of Raw eventually again. Remember "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONNNNNAAAAAYYYY!!!!"

How awful it was and how much time it wasted! It also made me mad that I have to see my boys Ziggler and Morrison involved in this crappy match when they could have both participated in a Money in the Bank match along with guys like Mcintyre, Bryan, Kingston and Sheamus.

It definitely is a waste of time! I mean if I wanted to see Snooki I'd watch a episode of Jersey Shore, but I don't watch that crap and I'd rather not see her at Wrestlemania which is suppose to be the biggest night of all! WWE has enough talent to fill a 10-12 match card for Wrestlemania without using outsiders like Snooki and to me it is a slap in the face to those performers who aren't being used and actually work for the damn company!

Can't really form an opinion because she really didn't do anything, but job to a woman who has no business being near a damn wrestling ring and get her as handed to her by LayCool, but I knew Trish would be involved in a match with Laycool at Wrestlemania I just wished it was her and Kelly Kelly teaming up and leave Ziggler and Morrison out of that match all together!

It WrestleMania season this is where they bring celebs into the mix. It always been like this go back and watch every WM there's Celeb's there. So quit ur Belly-Achin people. It's called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason. It been main stream since 1984 with the Beginning of the Rock'N'Wrestling Era. This is Wrestling not Wrasslin. To end I don't think it's a bad idea if they're used in the right way. I think Vickie will be the GM of Raw eventually again. Remember "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONNNNNAAAAAYYYY!!!!"

It's World WRESTLING Entertainment. If I wanted to watch Jersey Shore, I'd fucking go watch it... Besides anyone on the Jersey Shore is a two-bit pile of shit wannabe celebrity. They have no talent, and as for "worlds greatest reality show"... It's not even a reality show, and that was defiantly a title made up by advertisers to draw more attention to the show. So bringing in someone from there will not make MONEY, it will not bring in more VIEWERS. If anything it will cause a loss in viewers.

The show doesn't need "celebrities" to entertain the show, because chances are we wont find them entertaining, considering the fact we are here for good wrestling... What the show needs is good wrestling matches. Why not Ziggler and Morrison in a one-on-one, Sheamus vs Bryan for the United States Title, and Rey vs Christian for the Intercontinental Championship (If Christian isn't involved in the World Heavyweight Picture) There is so much they could do instead of this bullshit they are trying to pass off on us.

What was the most noticeable part of the segment to you?- I really noticed Snooki. To be honest, I kept my eyes on Snooki because I am always interested in the celebrities. I like to try to figure out what is going through their mind and if they are enjoying theirselves. Did I like Snooki being there? It was alright. Do I like the idea of Snooki being at Wrestlemania? No way. I cannot do anything about it, but Snooki should not be at Wrestlemania.

Do you think that celebrities appearing on WWE is a bad idea and a waste of time- I normally do not mind celebrities being on a WWE show but they really should not be there. Normally it is just a waste of time. Only on occassion does a celebritie's involvement feel neccessary or worthy of my time.

What did you think of Trish, being back in the ring?- I really could not care any less about Trish Stratus. She is still alright in the ring but it is not her time anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back