Smackdown....Will It Survive? (merged)

Smackdown! will not get cancelled because it is still one of UPN's best rated shows. The only way Smackdown! will go is if Vince decides to pull the plug on it which I don't think will happen. Smackdown has good talent. Booker T, Undertaker, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Mark Henry, Chris Benoit, Bobby Lashley, and they have a good cruiserweight division that all they need to do is just put so better effort into pushing it. Smackdown! isn't in bad shape for a lack of talent it's in bad shape because WWE lacks interest in it or the writers are just off.

Smackdown! isn't in bad shape for a lack of talent it's in bad shape because WWE lacks interest in it or the writers are just off.[/QUOTE]
Spot On! I have always said SD has the roster to succeed the writing and lack of ability to push new talent is the problem. Sadly despite the talent the fact they havn't pushed new stars means you have no real bona fide main eventers left now( the exceptions being the part-time undertaker and Batastia). We have heard people say once everyone returns the show will be fine. Now we are just waiting for Batastia and thats it. Angle has gone to ECW,Orton to Raw,Beniot IMO opinon will not return to SD if he returns to the WWE at all. JBL looks likley to go to Raw. WWE is returning to one brand IMO. I cannot see the logic of all these moves otherwise. Hopefully they'll sack all the writers from SD.:wwf:

okay in the past two weeks smackdown lost in my opinion its two best stars angle and orton. Since wwe has smackdown events scheduled until summerslam just like rAw it doesnt seem that it will be canceled. Therefore, smackdown needs at least two people to come and spice things up. I think those two will be chris masters and ric flair when they return

Jackhammer23 said:
Smackdown! will not get cancelled because it is still one of UPN's best rated shows. The only way Smackdown! will go is if Vince decides to pull the plug on it which I don't think will happen. Smackdown has good talent. Booker T, Undertaker, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Mark Henry, Chris Benoit, Bobby Lashley, and they have a good cruiserweight division that all they need to do is just put so better effort into pushing it. Smackdown! isn't in bad shape for a lack of talent it's in bad shape because WWE lacks interest in it or the writers are just off.
Actually it will get cancelled, due to CBS merging WB with UPN to form CW later this fall. They would merge most of their line up without SMACKDOWN; since Vince has a contract with GE/NBC. The brand-split will still continue with RAW and ECW. Those stars that are on Smackdown will be split later between both RAW and ECW in a new lottery.

Kane and Chris Masters would be good so Kane can go for the World Title and Masters can go for the U.S. Title against Lashley

DakotaDave said:
Actually it will get cancelled, due to CBS merging WB with UPN to form CW later this fall. They would merge most of their line up without SMACKDOWN; since Vince has a contract with GE/NBC. The brand-split will still continue with RAW and ECW. Those stars that are on Smackdown will be split later between both RAW and ECW in a new lottery.

SmackDown will be part of the new network in the fall. It's been announced, so I don't know what you're talking about.

It has to be Masters... there is nothing for him to do on RAW. He could actually be in SD's main event picture right now. I don't know about Kane. I'd love for it to happen, but I don't know how long this feud with his former self is going to last. I'd love to see guys like Rob Conway, Val Venis, Matt Striker and Nick Dinsmore on SD.... get them used more. But who am I kidding? They won't.

I don't know whats gona happen, but i know for certain that somthing needs to be changed, because Raw and SD are far too unbalenced.

smackdown needs 4 stars rite now

1: chris masters
2: shelton benjamin
3: carlito
4: kane

note: even tho i dont want kane, carlito or shelton to go to smackdown, i think it would be the best thing to do because theres nothing left for these guys on raw.

I have merged the existing Smackdown threads because most of it lead to the same discussion. Please use this to discuss the future of Smackdown and there is no need to start any more new threads on it.

"Smackdown," which has been a mainstay at UPN, is expected to play a role in the schedule. The new fall line up is expected to be announced in May."

It isnt FINAL, and as it has been playing IT WONT HAPPEN, or else it would've already been announced since May has come and gone. Plus WWe would've made a formal announcement of its change!

Days ago the following was reported

"There has been some talking of using an unofficial system similar to the many competition levels of baseball. Raw would MLB, Smackdown would be AAA, ECW would be AA, and Ohio Valley Wrestling would be Class A. As far as Deep South Wrestling is concerned, that would be whatever is below Class A baseball. "

That looks to be the case, despite your assumptions. There was a period of time when in WCW Thunder rarely had the big names on and was considered a lesser show and it appears as if WWE will follow a similar format.

sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider.com

[/quote]

"There was a period of time when in WCW Thunder rarely had the big names on and was considered a lesser show and it appears as if WWE will follow a similar format."

WHAT?! WCW Thunder was just a continuation of Nitro. They used the same storylines, and everything. Then WWe copied WCW and added Smackdown that did the samething.

SmackDown just sux pure and simple and it will alwayz suck if it's PG it should turn TV14 so more ppl will watch it and maybe some more wrestlers might come. The only good ppl on SmackDown are Batista, The Great Khali, and Mark Henry. Plus RAW has the better and hotter Divas than SmackDown and DX is coming back and SmackDown has nothing real good coming back.

Flippyskate21 said:
it would also help a lot if heat and velocity were on T.V again

Um...It is On tv all the time in the U.K.

But I dont think they should combine, for the reason already mentioned. Although, Raw Cruiserweights would get a chance and there should be a new championship belt, the Cross Brand Championship. Then each week the champ goes against someone else from the other show. And specialty matches happen between them at PPVs (SummerSlam, 'Mania etc)

Sean :D

Heat and Velocity are shown in the UK but here in the U.S. it's not on TV you have to go download the show at WWE.com, crazy I know. Smackdown! could just be doomed I hope not but you never know, I think WWE will keep it. Like some writers in the current issue of PWI said in their annual "State of the Game" section. There's a poorly hidden secret within WWE and it's that Vince and everyone favors Raw over Smackdown within WWE. Why do you think that all the time a big name comes or whatever that's it's always on Raw? Raw always has the bigger matches and the bigger names. It's this favoritism that's probably killing SD!...maybe.

Heat+Velocity sucked and no1 watched them,thats y they got canned n the first place,the WWE should have really tried 2 use those secondarry shows but they didnt if u miss those shows u miss nothing and i dont think it should have been that way

Let's see here...JBL as new color commentator, Finlay, King Booger, the return of kennedy, no REAL tag champs, Mizark Henry...after careful analysis i can clearly say without contradiction...HELL NO! :flamed:

I think they should merge all the wrestlers onto raw. they should still have smackdown but maybe let it be for mid carders. i mean all the good wrestlers are on raw. smackdown lacks a star, and its a boring show.

I would like to see it stay seperate, I don't have the time every friday night to watch smackdown unfortunately, and i watch Raw every week, I miss what happens on smackdown, but I am current Raw. If both shows combine again then I'd be completely out of the loop, I hope it doesn't combine unless they can keep the story lines to seperate shows or bring back heat and velocity on T.V. so others like me and myself can keep up with whats happening on both shows

ManInBlack 2 said:
Let's see here...JBL as new color commentator, Finlay, King Booger, the return of kennedy, no REAL tag champs, Mizark Henry...after careful analysis i can clearly say without contradiction...HELL NO! :flamed:

Who knows with JBL though, it could just be a temporary thing until he comes off his injury. Finlay has been really enjoyable to watch as of late hich is great because he's a true veteran of the sport. I'm glad to see him finally get a push after being a mid-carder through WCW and up until recently WWE

I Should State A Reason..ok Here It Goes:

1) The Talent Sucks Ass.

2) Storylines Are Old And Cheesy.

3) The Champion Is 5 Ft Tall.

4) The Champ Won The Title Out Of Pity.

5) Commentary

6) Main Events Suck.

7) No Divas...(thank God Ashley Is There...she Might Be The Only One That Counts)

Sooo I Think Ive Said Enuff. Smackdown Is Going Down The Drains...very Slowly.

i think smackdown should just be scrapped now that ecw is back they have somewhere else to send talent other than raw. if you look at both rosters(raw & smackdown) right now there is about 15 guys who came from ecw at one time or another, so i say send them back to their roots weed out those less used. if they were to do that both of shows(raw & ecw) would have enough of roster having good talent to feed from to get us back to how wrestling was about 7 years ago

robertthechip said:
i think smackdown should just be scrapped now that ecw is back they have somewhere else to send talent other than raw. if you look at both rosters(raw & smackdown) right now there is about 15 guys who came from ecw at one time or another, so i say send them back to their roots weed out those less used. if they were to do that both of shows(raw & ecw) would have enough of roster having good talent to feed from to get us back to how wrestling was about 7 years ago

That would work but only if ECW was a 2 hr show, and if smackdown was moved to another night like thursday again, Not as many people are watching it on fridays compared to back when it was on thursday

Jason75 said:
Should Raw and Smackdown be combined again, I don't think lower card super stars would get a chance, If both shows are combined of course theres gonna be more star power, but all the main eventer will be running the show.
I think it's hard to really say at this point. I have to agree that if it were combined a lot of mid card guys wouldn't get a real shot at big time, but with ECW remerging I dont' think people will want to watch wrestling on tv 3 days a week (Well I know that I would!) and Smackdown! would probably suffer greatly. I just hope whatever the decision is made that the lesser known guys still get a great shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back