• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown MVP for June 24th, 2011

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
and the MVP for June 24th, 2011 is none other than...

[YOUTUBE]7hGaoyfbrsI&[/YOUTUBE]

Daniel Bryan
daniel+bryan.JPG

Crowd Reaction: he got a pretty good reaction from the crowd tonight, especially when he showed that picture of Dusty Rhodes. If he had an actual gimmick that the people loved I'm guessing his pops would be a lot louder than they are.

Promo/Mic time: What is there bad to say about that Promo he did tonight? Nothing that's what. I hope the people that hate on his mic skills were watching tonight because that was one of the better promos on either show I've seen in a while.

Quality of their match: When doesn't DBD put on a top quality match with his opponent? Add the fact that his opponent this time was Cody Rhodes who is just as good as DBD and you have the best match of the night hands down.

How they handle their character: This one is kind of hard due to him not really having a character. To me his character seems like he's an everyman. He looks like anyone you may see on the street but he is one of the best wrestlers in the world. Going by that character he does a very good job.​

2nd place goes to The Usos once again. They are one of the hungriest tag teams in recent memory and if the WWE is serious about the Tag Division again they will let them feud with Slater & Gabriel and eventually the Champs with The Usos coming out on top.

I think I have to go with Mark Henry tonight. Mark Henry has definitely been stepping it up as of late with his new heel persona and I for one like it very much. He took out one of the most dominant Superstars in the WWE in Big Show then proceeded to pin the World Heavyweight Champion with a World's Strongest Slam in the main event. I may not like the dude too much but I have no doubt in my mind Mark Henry deserves the MVP for tonight. Daniel Bryan, while a good choice, didn't have the best night. He put on a hell of a match but was embarrassed yet again by Cody Rhodes' bag. Mark Henry is my pick.

Fully agree. And now people who watch Smackdown and the the promo from Danielson, stop using the, "He's boring, he has no personality or mic skills," line because it's so fucking inaccurate. He was given the microphone tonight for five minutes and in those five minutes he did a very good promo.

The match itself was awesome. Danielson performed a great Suicide Dive, pin-point on the money. He sold the Springboard Kick very well both times. Shame he lost, but you can't win them all. He was defeated but the advantage of having Danielson, is that whether you lose or win the match, you'll always be made to look good. Hence why Danielson is Bryan fuckin' Danielson.

Also, by a mile tonight was the best performance from Sin Cara since he debuted in the WWE. Solid performance from him, and Ted DiBiase proved there is still reason to have hope in him. Also, the botch count in Mistico's match was one. And he only botched the landing.

Thought this week was a very solid show.

This shocks even me to type it, but I have to give credit to The Usos. I really dug their entrance and their match regarding Slater and Gabriel. They looked like a team that I would have no problems seeing as contenders to the WWE tag team championship.

They just held my interest, and that's something I haven't done with them since they debut alongside Tamina. Really hope they keep it up.

OFF TOPIC: I am clueless on what joke was being made with Curtis. Can somebody fill me in please?

Could I really give the SD to The Usos again? They once again impressed me. I loved the new entrance and new theme. The entrance gives them something unique and cultural to them. It is definitely something we haven't seen before. However The Usos were only my number two (still not bad, been in contention every week). If they had mic time it would clearly be them.

My pick, just like Hamler, is Mark Henry. Henry looked like a beast tonight and he has been stepping up his game these past few weeks. I think it is clear that they are reestablishing Henry as a top player on SD and he could very soon be in contention for Randy Orton's world championship. Sort of reminds me of the push Kane got last summer. Lets see if it ends with the same outcome.

I want to give this to the Uso's. In my opinion, they were the MVP of the night. They really changed my mind on how I view them. Ever since they came, I thought they were just another waste of space on the roster. But these past few weeks they've been showing me that they have talent... and besides, who else on the WWE roster wears semi-short tights?

The Uso's FTW on this one.

I'd have to disagree personally

If by MVP we really do mean the literal Most valuable player , (ugh) of course its Orton every single week , hes the one putting asses in seats

If by MVP we mean who did we personally enjoy the most on Smackdown this week then I'd personally go with Wade Barrett , Christian , Mark Henry , or even Heath Slater

for me it was Mark Henry!!!.
this guy had a phenomenal week!...... he first destroyed the Big Show AND advanced not only their fued but he gave another look at his current personality by stating that he has to suffer as he suffered and that no one is gonna be happy until he is!
then he took down Kane
and finally he pinned the world heavyweight champion and current super cena ripoff randy orton!
it doesnt get any more impressive than that! and only a month before christian beat him in 5 minutes!!!!

OFF TOPIC: I am clueless on what joke was being made with Curtis. Can somebody fill me in please?

It was a "cut the mustard" reference. Really stupid, and I felt stupid for laughing at it.

My MVP for this week's Smackdown is Daniel Bryan. I've been thinking, through this whole feud with Cody, that a little something has been missing. Turns out it was mic time for both guys involved. Look, Bryan can talk. Maybe not captivate (at least not often), but he can contribute to a feud's story if they let him. I still need more talking between the two to feel as invested as I want to, but tonight was a step toward that. Of course, the match was good. Not great, but the awkward rope spot appears to be the culprit there. Seemed like Bryan was hung up for far too long. But enough nitpicking; I look forward to the rest of this feud.

I think that this week is a little hard to award someone with the MVP :X
Because everybody looked good.

Sin Cara had an incredible reaction throughout his match, people are starting to love the guy, and he had no botches in my view...
Daniel Bryan surprised almost everyone, because he did cut a good promo and had a good match like usual.
Mahal did what he is doing best, and this is destroying jobbers.
The Tag Team Saviours (USOS and Gabriel & Slater) also were pretty solid, I'm loving the matches so far.

But I have to go with Mark Henry too, he destroyed the Big Show and he pinned Randy Orton.
I'm starting to like the guy, sadly this is his last run with the WWE, some months back he said that he was going to retire this year.
His new character is pretty good and he is dominating everybody, and for me every guy that pins the World Champion cleanly, gets the MVP award.

On side note: I missed Sheamus tonight, fucking punt in the head.
Do you see Christian as a main eventer now? I DO!

Hard for me to say, but, it was Mark Henry. He can't wrestle, that's a given, so this has nothing to do with his in-ring performance. He was convincing in taking out the Big Show (with a decent mini-promo), and worked well interfering in the tag match. I thought it was a weak show, has been for weeks, so he didn't have much to compete with.

2nd Place- Daniel Bryan.

Acknowledging this one is incredibly hard for me, but I have to go with Mark Henry.

Henry looked like the monster heel they've been pushing him to be over the past week. He's been incredible consistent since destroying Big Show on Sunday at Capitol Punishment, and carried that over into destroying Big Show once again on Smackdown. They've been booking Show properly, as the angry giant, and Henry destroyed him anyway. His trash talking was very good as well.

Which leads into the "main event" between Christian and Orton. Henry continued to look the part of the monster heel by destroying Kane and causing the DQ, and pushed himself into the main event scene quite nicely by getting the clean pin over Orton in the tag match. While Christian was excellent both in the match against Kane and the main event, it was Henry who "earned" Christian another title shot, and essentially forced his way back into the main event scene. It should be interesting to see where they go from here with him, as the video package and him being all over the show seems to indicate they're going to push him hard.

Henry can't wrestle, never could. But that's not his purpose. He's a destroyer, a monster, and he looked the part and so much more last night, possibly more then he has in years. He also brings intrigue to the main event scene, throwing a possible twist into the Christian/Orton feud. Between the proper booking of Henry and the added developments to the main event scene, Henry is the Smackdown MVP for Friday the 24th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back