• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW MVP for June 27th, 2011

I will get the obvious choice out of the way first, in CM Punk. His promo at the end of the show was certainly not what I expected. He has gotten people interested in what is going to happen after his match against Cena at the next PPV. I liked the promo in the sense that he is getting heel heat out of it, while still being honest.

The second MVP for Raw on June 27th 2011 was Booker because he did a very good job of trying to make the fans care about the Raw roulette results. Many of us don't care for that gimmick, and it only returned due to them being in Vegas, but Booker did his best to put over the "random" potential outcomes. It almost made me care. The wifey made a hilarious remark while we watched that I had to share with you all. "Watch it end up being a pillow fight but it's Mark Henry and Kane instead of divas". Booker put over the chance that something as random as that could actually happen.

Eric Bischoff once said that "Controversy Creates Cash." Well, I have one even better...

"Stupidity Creates Ignorance."

I understand Milenko that you want views to your threads, you want people to post in your threads, and you want people to like you and take you seriously. C'mon bro, you've got ME posting in this thread, and while I'll admit I will take any chance I can to beat you down. I had to post in here and ask you to send me some of the shit you're smoking, cause it has made you fucking ******ed.

Mark Henry could barely rip the cage door off, and he pretty much THREW Big Show through the cage, yeah impressive. C.M. Punk figuratively THREW the entire WWE under a bus, and he did it sitting down, and by lifting a microphone to his face. If you want to talk about Mark Henry's physical power, that perfectly fine, take it to a Mark Henry praise thread (Is there one of those actually around?) or you can simply talk about the power that C.M. Punk had tonight by just being himself really.

You continue to amaze me. You are exactly like the fans that Punk was talking about tonight. If C.M. Punk couldn't impress you tonight, but ICP does. I want you to hand me your man card, and then kick you straight in the nuts. I'm sorry bro, but fucking WOW.

129019120982577793.jpg

Did you name Mark Henry your MVP with the intent on making everyone nerd rage? Was this some sort of gag or joke to you? If so, it worked brilliantly. I was fooled, when I clicked on your thread I was going to think I was going to read about CM Punk and how he blew the lid off of RAW. But no, you give us Mark Henry.

So mark Henry is the MVP, not Punk...and oh Punk isn`t even 2nd..wow, just wow. Somehow tho, everybody is talking about Punk...somehow Punk created the kind of buzz you`d think we cannot have around the WWE anymore. But yeah, he is still not the mvp, or make it to second after Mark Henry. Funny stuff..he is surely trolling. CM Punk was the MVP on Raw last night, he will stay as the MVP in the build up to MIB. Heck there is no question of being the Raw MVP, he is the WWE MVP right now.
CM Punk created a defining moment in modern wrestling last night. Nobody cares about Mark Henry..nobody will remember his awesome beat-down of the big show. Get real dude.

LOL I just shit myself laughing when i saw the pic and it was henry like wtf seriously??? and 2nd a ry??? like is this a joke??

like everyone sed punk obviously stole the show with that promo.

Scrolling down expecting to see punk and u see big henry that was awesome.
I forgot he was even on raw after that promo.

WOW They person that started this thread needs his brain checked for damage(too many chair shots). CM Punk kicked so much ass and I don't even like him.

Yeah this goes to CM Punk not doubt. He cut one of the best promo's we have seen in recent years this week. Nobody else can touch him this week. Punk is the hottest topic in wrestling after RAW and that is the truth. His showing this week on RAW was amazing. Henry did well but was out classed by Punk. Easy pick and the answer is CM Punk. We saw one of the best moments on RAW this week, no doubt the MVP is CM Punk.

CM Punk is the mvp hands down. Henry wasn't bad, I liked the whole big show going through the cage bit, seen it before but still entertaining nonetheless. But come on man, Cm Punk is the man right now. I have not been this pumped over anything happening in wwe since the attitude era. If this is a work then wwe has my attention and i can't wait to see what happens. But I know more than likely Punk is gone on the 17th. Maybe he's headed down to Florida for TNA, who knows? Anyway Punk is the man, i've always been a Punk fan but now more than ever. Best promo ever!!!!!!!!

Obviously CM Punk after the best promo for over 5 years. He deserves to be the RAW MVP for this week. Then I’d have to say… Alex Riley. Riley got a decent pop and really reminded me of The Rock tonight, he would have been my first choice before Punk made me jizz in my pants with that promo.

This is laughably untrue. CM Punk supplied us with a stunningly phenomenal promo that will be planted in the annals of wrestling history. It was candid (seemingly), believable, full of emotion, and intriguing. This promo enhanced everyone's interest and will likely cause a lot more people to purchase MITB.

I don't know why you believe a man who was forgettable to the show merits the MVP title over a man who made history with an incredible mic execution.

What the hell were Sin Cara, Kane and Mark Henry doing on Raw anyway? I thought the they were only allowed on Raw during three-hour shows?

Whatever people, this thread was obviously a joke. He even had the drumroll to psyche us out. Plus, Mark Henry's beatdown SUCKED. The way Big Show went through the wall so easily really made the Cage look like crap.

The real stars of the show were:

1. CM Punk
2. Evan Bourne
3. R-Truth
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Alberto Del Rio

And above them all, there's ZACK RYDER! WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT BRO

The thread starter is most definitely joking. Seriously, to me, Mark Henry came off as some fat fuck with no life that has nothing better to do than harass some guy who pissed him off a few weeks ago. He walked out to the steel cage mid match and just waited there. As if it didn't suck enough, was Big Show so dumb that he stayed down and let him do what he wants?

With that put out, I don't see what made Alex Riley take the second place. He was just in a solid four man match that depended as much on Rey Mysterio, Swagger and The Miz as it did A-Ry.

The real MVP of yesterday was none other than CM Punk and I don't think I even had to point it out considering that he is the only reason (and perhaps the Sin Cara v. Bourne match) that we will ever remember this Raw. First his excellent segment with Shawn Michaels which is the first thing to remember besides the end was just a taste of things to come with his excellent promo in the end.

This fits so well

CM Punk isn't the MVP of Raw, he's the MVP of wrestling right now! I mentioned this on the other Punk thread, but I only saw the first hour of Raw last night and when I saw all the stuff on WZ today I genuinely thought it was about his comment to HBK about how he doesn't do drugs anymore!

Then he has a match with Kane where he keeps the heat going by just walking out. Although who can blame him, did anyone else notice Punk work on Kane's leg with a series of kicks over a minute or so, Punk gets shot off into the ropes then Kane hits him with the big boot!? Adding insult to injury, a few seconds later Kane climbs to the top-rope!? It'd be interesting if that was deliberate on Kane/Punk's part to further Punk's fuel of being the best 'wrestler' in the sense that Kane wasn't selling correctly.

Oh yeh, his promo at the end, pretty dam good too I suppose :)

I don't know if I'm having selective memory right now, or I just wasn't paying attention to Mark Henry, but I couldn't even remember what he did last night. After I thought about it, it came back to me. But that's not what I was thinking about after Raw went off the air. CM Punk delivered one of the most memorable promos in the history of WWE last night, wrestling even. I can't see how you could pick anyone else. Punk was in both the opening & closing segments of the show last night. In the opening segment, he shared the screen with Shawn Michaels. The MVP is definitely CM Punk.

The MVP of Raw was most obviously CM Punk and he deserves that tag on the basis of his 6 and a 1/2 minute promo that he cut to end Raw alone. It was a worked shoot that was done well and it could possibly end up being one of the most impactful promos of this era. He tore down everyone from Hogan to Rock, Cena, Triple H and even Vince McMahon. He was rocking an Austin shirt and somehow it was almost symbolic. Austin at his best could cut promos this good and intense but I don't think that there is anyone else who could do it. Yes not even Dwayne, who is mainly a trash talker or Cena even though his strength happens to be intensity when it comes to cutting promos. I especially loved that little jab he took at the IWC who lack the strength and even sometimes the aptitude to make their opinions count. He shot down everybody, even the people who were cheering for him, and that is the mark of a great heel.

Mark Henry, Sin Cara or even Evan Bourne could be good choices for a distant second place. But honestly even Punk's little interaction with HBK at the start of the show was better than what these gentlemen did.

It was either CM Punk or CM Punk.

He had some great promo time with HBK to start the show and the ending is one of those Raw moments that will live very long the in the memory.

I agree. CM Punk is without question is the mvp of raw. Watching that promo last night was like watching Stone Cold stunning Vince for the first time. Classic.

No way man , I love heel mark henry but CM PUNK was the man of the night

He cut like the greatest promo of this century and he made Cena get put through a table ,. epic win

Ok first of all it was clearly CM Punk. Not only is his new persona of getting away with everything because he can't get fired great but also his promo was clearly amazing. He saved an entire show and that takes great credit. Mark Henry had a good night and put Show through the Cage but it wasn't as important as Punk's promo. Henry would get a definite second place but Punk stole the show. CM Punk doesn't need to win the match but bring the promos and that is what he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back