• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW MVP for June 13th, 2011

As much as it pains me to say it, R-Truth put on a not wanting me to kill him performance last night. SCSA and CM Punk were both golden, but the one superstar that surprised everyone watching and deserves this award is none other than.........WELLLLLLLLLLL it's The BIG SHOW!!!!! All 7ft 500lbs of hum ran full sprint to the ring and slid in under the ropes for a beatdown. We haven't seen TBS move like that since, well never actually. So for that sudden show of freight train athleticism I'm giving my MVP award to Paul 'Big Show' Wight.

I don't know if this is fair to choose anyone. Nearly everyone did their thing in their own department. Stone Cold was definitely the one I wanted to see the most. I hang on to every single word coming from his mouth and when it's done, I'm hungry for more. Every single segment was excellent (CM Punk, The Miz, Vickie/Dolph, appearances on the large TV, final segment and feud with the anonymous GM's computer) and never did any of it feel forced. Austin is one of a kind and I really hope he appears more frequently. Forget about The Rock, Steve Austin is the man in terms of Attitude Era legends.

Then it's CM Punk that's talked about a lot here, his fueling of the Rey feud was well done, his match with Cena was great and the Austin promo yells for an actual match!

Then we also have R-Truth. At first, I felt his attempts at heel heat was forced and doing whatever it takes, but now he's naturally make me wanna hate him even though I'm still behind him in terms of support. I love the whole 'conspiracy' angle and the 'little jimmy's'. He's hilariously funny and the way his attitude is, it almost demands a change from the PG era. I really hope he scores a win over Cena by messing with his fans. I find these little kids so annoying, I wish Cena would just turn on them and show he cares more about the belt than little kids cheering him. Hearing them yell "[heel wrestler name], you suck!" makes me wanna punch them in the guts. And this is coming from a Cena fan.

And The Miz was golden on both segments with Roddy Piper and Stone Cold. Austin totally put him in his place when he bigged up Riley for having the guts to actually attack Stone Cold instead of running out after a cheap shot.

And he's mostly forgotten, but Christian was excellent on his live TV appearance. Hearing him ask "who wants Christian face Orton in the ring" and then telling them he doesn't care about what the crowd wants made me laugh out loud. Orton also sold his frustration to perfection, too bad he had no match but I understand that since he said on twitter he was "knocked out".

This Raw was simply amazing and for a 3 hour show, even better than what every other episode has been in a long, long time.

If this was about being the most consistent for weeks on end- give it to Punk. He is always on target.

This is about overall standout MVP of the week, that means SCSA. He was the whole reason that RAW kept my attention through 3 hours. Reaction was huge everytime he was on screen. The backstage stuff with Punk & Andy was great- not to mention the GM spot with Cole & the laptop. He is one of the few that can bring RAW to that extra level. Dont remember a time when he was on that his presence hasnt made the show better. When that glass breaks- the whole place erupts. His mic time with Miz was just fantastic & besides the bit with Piper- had to be my favorite part of RAW.

Next would be Truth. His character was constantly interjected on screen & the crowd absolutely hated him. This guy has done a 180 & its working out pretty good. If not for him- Punk might not have sneaked a victory over Cena. Overall great job by Truth but not even close to SCSA.

Wow, to me this is a hard question for this week.

I can see why people would say Punk because he put on an awesome promo with Austin and he put on a great main event match.

I understand R-Truth because he played a very well thought psychological mind game with Cena and made himself more of a believable heel.

I see Austin because he was a great host and his mic skills made the show better in my opinion.

I think that one person that people may forget about is Piper. I say the Piper's Pit was pretty cool and the way he did it that night was great. His match was kind of stupid but The Pit was pretty nice.

But I think people may forget

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back