• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown Live 1/17 - Shane's Announcement, Steel Cage Match

Has anyone noticed that last night on RAW they played up the Rumble at every opportunity. Tonight they've mentioned it but concentrated on the storylines more. It's a hit for me.

Was it my imagination or was the crowd rather silent during the Mickie James reveal.

They were but the reveal itself wasn't the best. It was definitely rushed and because of that it fell flat. I get they were short on time... but I still think they could've done better.

But even after they saw who it was, they didn't really do anything. No huge pop, nothing. Unless I missed it.

There was 3 matches on a 2 hour Smackdown last night. 3 matches. 3.

When did pinfalls and submissions become victory criteria for cage matches anyway? Surely they haven't always been and I've missed it...

I may be mistaken, but I believe they were always pinfall and submission and the escape stipulation was the one added later. Starrcade 83' finished via pinfall and that was a cage match.

Here's the worst of it. Taker is going up against someone from Raw by all accounts. Shane will be going against AJ (now I'm sure), which can only mean that Cena takes on The Fucking Miz in the SD main event at Mania. What a load of shit!

The same people peddling those AJ/Shane rumours are also suggesting Joe's getting a rocket push as soon as he shows up and frankly, there's no room to breathe on Raw so he's likely ending up on SmackDown. Cena vs. Joe could be money and if this rocket push is as grand as they're suggesting well...you never know.

As was mentioned before, Brock vs. Shane was also supposed to happen and circumstances changed (Goldberg), Angle's return could pave the way for a similar situation (he's already on record saying he'd want Styles to be his final opponent at Mania).

There was 3 matches on a 2 hour Smackdown last night. 3 matches. 3.

It wouldn't be the first time they did a 3 match SD, did it a couple of weeks ago I believe. Really doesn't matter though, all of them were entertaining, and they all progressed storylines. No filler's allowed.

Ambrose looks to be used as driving a wedge through the Wyatt's. That will be an excellent story going forward, lot's of swerve's and shenanigans to be had for sure. Miz is ready for another run with the title, God knows he's done some of his best work this year, bonus is he hasn't faced Styles yet. So that is a nice change. The cage match was the worst of the three, but the match wasn't horrible considering they are both first timers in there. And we got the Mickie James reveal, which kind of fell flat.

All in all they used the time well. I wasn't bored. The one thing SD doesn't do that RAW does, is they don't feel the need to have every wrestler on the roster appear on every show in repeat matches each week. The main event does change unlike the flagship show which has the same four every week, except for one. They also are using Cena sparingly, while RAW has to bring in the starpower like Taker, HBK, Goldberg and Lesnar to boost the ratings.

The Ziggler and King segment went where not a lot expected them to go. They showed Ziggler pounding on King just before his cardiac arrest, and a lot was said that really can't be taken back. Showed a bit of the dark side. Don't know where this will end up, but they are taking chances. It's working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back