Sleep Suggestions

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
So, I've once again managed to stay up all night.. and honestly, because of who I am and the responsibilities I have.. I don't think I should be.

Yet I always manage, no matter how hard I try, to end up being up all night, and sleeping until I'm either forced to get up mere hours (like 2-3) after I fall asleep.. or most of the day.

So, without involving taking sleeping pills, or any type of drug type meds.. does anyone have any options for sleeping through the night, and being awake through the day?

Seriously, lately I just can't fucking go to sleep. Not even regularly at 4a.m. like normal.. I don't find myself going to bed, until I'm to the point of knowing I can clearly and quickly pass out.. so I don't have to fucking lay there and allow my mind to think of every fucking thing. (which is what I manage to do while staying awake, anyways - I guess it defeats the purpose)

Okay.. suggestions? Actual ones are asked for.. stupid ones are welcome. lol

I used to get bad insomnia. I get it a little now, but not half as bad. What I did was instead of going the gym. I bought weight sets for home. I used to work out until I could hardly walk. Then I'd sleep like a baby.

I used to get bad insomnia. I get it a little now, but not half as bad. What I did was instead of going the gym. I bought weight sets for home. I used to work out until I could hardly walk. Then I'd sleep like a baby.

That is an idea. I always liked to workout when I woke up though. I suppose it sounds stupid in realizing it tires you out.. but I always did a mini workout when I woke up, to actually 'wake' me up. (no, not that type of workout either)

I also have been thinking about getting a gym set for the house. I hate going to gyms. I feel puny next to all the other guys in gyms.

I don't have room in my current house for weights. So I go the gym. I'm the biggest guy I've seen there. You might expect Batista type people. But there aren't that many of them sorts around. It's mostly athletic women, and chubsters.

ive been having the same problem lately. I havent been able to sleep at night, and like you i just usually stay awake until i pass out. I try sleeping at night, and if i ever do its only for like 4 hours, then i get up and cant go back to sleep. Last night i feel asleep tho at 7 at night and woke up at 4 this morning, and im still exhausted

Best thing i can tell you is prolly get a gym for the house like said earlier, everytime i work out, it makes me sleepy, but like i said i can only sleep for like 4 hours

I don't have room in my current house for weights. So I go the gym. I'm the biggest guy I've seen there. You might expect Batista type people. But there aren't that many of them sorts around. It's mostly athletic women, and chubsters.

Well, yeah.. see at the gym in the town closest to me, its more or less the same. But next to practically every other average guy that goes there.. I feel puny. My arms aren't big. I have a nice chest, nice legs and all.. just no arms. (not sure how to fix that, either)

ive been having the same problem lately. I havent been able to sleep at night, and like you i just usually stay awake until i pass out. I try sleeping at night, and if i ever do its only for like 4 hours, then i get up and cant go back to sleep. Last night i feel asleep tho at 7 at night and woke up at 4 this morning, and im still exhausted

Best thing i can tell you is prolly get a gym for the house like said earlier, everytime i work out, it makes me sleepy, but like i said i can only sleep for like 4 hours

Whenever I get in depressive type states, I don't tend to enjoy going to sleep because my dreams somehow factor into my mood and make things worse. Thats a big reason for why I feel I've had this problem, or sleeping disorder.

All my life practically, I've had bad insomnia. Even when I was a kid going to school, I'd end up being up until about 3a.m. because I simply couldn't go to sleep. Hell, the worst thing about staying over at a friend's house, was he had a "bedtime" at 9p.m. on school nights.. I'd fucking be bored out of my mind staring out the window, or at the glowing stars on his wall from 9p.m. until when I finally fell asleep.

Thats the other thing as well.. most people are like "Well, just lay there and after a while your body will just shut down and you'll sleep." Fact is, I can't. You have to clear your mind to do that.. when I lay still, I can't clear my mind. Especially if something bugs me, or something (to me) is important on it. If thats the case, it never clears.. and thus, I'm awake, replaying the entire thought process over and over in my head, until I simply pass out randomly.

Well, yeah.. see at the gym in the town closest to me, its more or less the same. But next to practically every other average guy that goes there.. I feel puny. My arms aren't big. I have a nice chest, nice legs and all.. just no arms. (not sure how to fix that, either)

Wear a long sleved shirt.

Nobody gives a shit about you in the gym Will. Most the people who go care only about themselves. You would be like a pimple on there arse. There, but your oblivious to it.

haha im exactly opposite of that, arms are easy for me to develop, but my legs are horrible, and i work them out like crazy. I think one reason is theres like a ligament on the side of my knee that freakin moves about 90% of the time i bend down and it freaks me out because i dont want it to tear. My ankles too are weak and i dont know how to fix that, i roll my ankles so much its not even funny.

Well while everyone else is offering you short term solutions which probably work, you need to address the reasons you can't sleep, and the things that go around in your head, because otherwise you're always going to have that problem.

Well while everyone else is offering you short term solutions which probably work, you need to address the reasons you can't sleep, and the things that go around in your head, because otherwise you're always going to have that problem.

Some of the issues in my head aren't fixable. Least not quick fixes, anyway. Some may not even have fixable solutions, outside of forgetting them as much as I can, or trying to overcome/move beyond them by once again accepting they won't change, or just trying to ignore them the best I can.

Some of the issues in my head aren't fixable. Least not quick fixes, anyway. Some may not even have fixable solutions, outside of forgetting them as much as I can, or trying to overcome/move beyond them by once again accepting they won't change, or just trying to ignore them the best I can.

Ignoring them is never good. And a lot of problems don't have quick fixes, but get better with time and sometimes that's all someone needs. And it never hurts asking for help, even though most people won't do this.

It'll make you wired. Staring at a screen, thinking up replies. Relax before you go bed. Jerk off. watch TV.

I honestly haven't jerked it in a while. Not saying year's, exactly.. but its been at least a few monthes. I used to play a game, or watch television for a bit before bed.

I'm sure you have a point to the fact that while you're on the computer, especially on WZ, you're constantly thinking to think of what to say, what to do, how to reply, etc.

And don't drink.

What is with not drinking, Sam? Because of the whole feeling of needing to use the restroom? I typically always use the restroom before I head to bed.

Actually I always have a bottle of lager before I go bed. I don't get pissed, but i find a bottle sends me off quicker.

Just don't drink anything with caffeine in it. Solves the needing to piss problem too. There's nothing that combats tiredness quite like needing a piss.

Just don't drink anything with caffeine in it. Solves the needing to piss problem too. There's nothing that combats tiredness quite like needing a piss.

Caffeine doesn't work on me. I've tried to use that when I've WANTED to stay up, it does nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back