• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammy Awards 2015

Who is your Superstar of the year?

• Roman Reigns

• Dean ambrose

• Brock Lesnar

• John Cena

• Kevin Owens

• Alberto Del Rio

• Dolph Ziggler

• Undertaker

• Rusev

• Daniel Bryan

• Ryback

• HHH

• Cesaro

• Seth Rollins

• Other let us know!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Superstar of the Year: Seth Rollins

Rivalry of the Year: Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

Double-Cross of the Year: Randy Orton turns on Seth Rollins on the March 9th episode of Raw

Surprise Return of the Year: Sting returns and attacks Seth Rollins on the August 24th episode of Raw

Best Original WWE Network Show: Stone Cold Podcast

Tag Team of the Year: The New Day

Hashtag of the Year: #GiveDivasAChance

Celebrity Moment of the Year: Jon Stewart's involvement in the Rollins vs. Cena match at SummerSlam

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year: Brock Lesnar coins Suplex City at WrestleMania XXXI

Best John Cena's U.S Open Challenge: vs. Dolph Ziggler on the October 12th episode of Raw

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: The Shield briefly reunite to powerbomb Randy Orton through the announce table at Payback

Breakout Star of the Year: Kevin Owens

WWE Diva of the Year: Nikki Bella

Extreme Moment of the Year: Luke Harper powerbombs Dean Ambrose through a ladder at WrestleMania XXXI

Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE WHC at the Royal Rumble

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year: Seth Rollins cashes in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania XXXI

LOL Moment of the Year: Edge & Christian bring back the kazoo on the September 7th episode of Raw

But didn't his good match with Big Show the Last Man Standing match and the match at Fastlane happen after he won the Slammy. He was the number one contender going into Fastlane wasn't he and had to fight to keep that right. With so many PPV's happening they kind of all run into themselves after a while.

And if I'm not mistaken he was recovering from the operation the night he won the Slammy. He wasn't actively wrestling, he didn't come back until the end of that month. That's why a lot of people where saying he didn't do anything to really deserve it, and they were pissed off. I don't see him winning this year it should go to Rollins.

Yes I know that all happened after he won the slammy. I was just justifying it to you when the boo was started.

But its so true that he didn't deserve that slammy. He was 4 months home doing nothing. That was the initial stage where the fans feel like he was getting shoving down their throats. That's where it all started and accumulated from. I agree with your point though. This is the year of Seth Rollins! He is the man! He should win it!

When The Ring used to make a wrestling mag, they mentioned why they did not have rankings for wrestlers on their pages, they said that there was, in their opinion, no way you can honestly and effectively rate wrestlers. (Mind you, this was an article written in 1982.) They mentioned why other do. "In order to take up space." This is what the Slammy's do: Take up space. This is the week that nobody in Creative has to really think. And, I do not believe that the vote is legit. Do you HONESTLY believe that if Kevin Owens, Adam Rose or even El Torito won the vote, that they would actually get the Slammy? If they did, it would blow up the WWE narrative and storylines.

Cena should win his open challenge concept was awesome he always put on great matches plus his feud with KO was killer three good matches came out of it and his feud with Seth was great aswell I've never like cena till 2015 Cuz he always pissed me off Cuz he always won but this year he stepped up his game and put on a lot of 4-5 star matches

Roman Reigns is going to win it, and get booed, and Vince will still keep the Samoan push going.

I personally think WWE shouldn't put it in the fan's hands because a face will win it every time. The one time when it wasn't in the fan's hands, a heel Chris Jericho won it. There are some excellent heels that are worthy of being Superstar of the Year, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins being two of them.

I've also heard from various pages that Vince isn't a big fan of rigged voting. I'll! Admit on like raw when they put a survey up and have so many hundred thousand votes by the time commercials are done seems odd. But I do believe the slammys are legit. And don't give me the "its scripted so the awards are too" speech. Everybody knows its fake but that doesn't mean the slammys are too. By that logic are the Grammy's (or one of the music awards) fake? They come from a committee and not fan voted.

I've also heard from various pages that Vince isn't a big fan of rigged voting. I'll! Admit on like raw when they put a survey up and have so many hundred thousand votes by the time commercials are done seems odd. But I do believe the slammys are legit. And don't give me the "its scripted so the awards are too" speech. Everybody knows its fake but that doesn't mean the slammys are too. By that logic are the Grammy's (or one of the music awards) fake? They come from a committee and not fan voted.

I think the majority of the Slammy awards are legitimately voted on by the fans, but a select few are quite obviously chosen by the WWE. Match of the Year, Break-out Star of the Year, and Superstar of the Year to name a few.

If it was really up to the fans Cena would win every single time, especially since this year is an open vote. Mainly because the ones that tweet about Raw or comment on WWE's FB page or actually vote on the Slammy's are the "Cena demographic", so to speak. I doubt many people on this site or in the larger IWC voted on any of the awards. So if John Cena wins Superstar of the Year, I'll admit to the Slammy's legitimacy. Otherwise, it's pretty obvious that WWE is picking their own MVP, which doesn't really bother me.

Any - voting - in WWE always seems to be rigged in some way. The best example is the obvious choices the company gives the - universe - when it comes time to vote...

Coming up tonight on RAW's main event do you want to see...

Stardust vs Curtis Axle
Titus O Neil vs Konnor
Kofi Kingston vs Neville

or

Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins

Not quite that extreme but you get my point.

The for sure do give you options where the outcome is gonna be obvious like the last post mentioned but I've always heard the voting is legit. Lance Storm on his web site has talked about the Taboo Tuesday shows and how those were 100% real. How Roman won last year I don't know, I like him a lot but I totally agree with him being out so long last year that he didn't deserve it. But that doesn't mean it was rigged, it just means enough people liked him enough to disregard him being gone. I don't think anything crazy is gone happen because of it being open to everyone. I'm sure a bunch of smart asses will vote for adam rose or fandango but what's gonna happen is they'll all vote for different joke type guys so a bunch of curtain jerkers will get a hand full of votes but none of them will get a lot and the kids will all vote for the top guys and one of them will win. Probably Roman or Cena, although Rollins I think is the one who deserves it.

Superstar of the Year:
I couldn't care less. They need to just get rid of this award. Seriously. Every year I roll my eyes at its announcemenent. This award means literally NOTHING.

Rivalry of the Year:
Roman Reigns VS Bray Wyatt gets my vote. This is the best option out of those in the poll. The divas were a close second.

Double-Cross of the Year:
Paige attacking Becky Lynch and Charlotte on the October 26th episode of Raw. Sandow would have gotten my vote had he won the match and they actually DID something with the feud.

Surprise Return of the Year:
Chris Jericho teaming with Ambrose & Reigns at Night of Champions would be my pick. Didn't see that coming and it was awesome. However, a close second for me on this one is Alberto's return at Hell In A Cell.

Best Original WWE Network Show:
Breaking Ground, and it's not even close. This show needs to remain a staple of NXT programming forever. Stone Cold's Podcast is cool too so it gets 2nd place for me in this category.

Tag Team of the Year:
The New Day by a landslide. They are hilarious! Usos still suck, PTP stopped being cool a long time ago, and Tyson's been gone for so long that Tyson/Cesaro really shouldn't be on this list. Lucha Dragons get 2nd place. No one even touches New Day here though.

Hashtag of the Year:
I don't use Twitter and refuse to ever do so. Thus, why should I care about this award?

Celebrity Moment of the Year:
Stephen Amell dives onto Stardust at Summerslam was pretty awesome. I didn't think he'd be as good in that match as he was. I can't stand Stewart though he nearly had my vote for this with his controversial involvement in the Seth VS Cena match.

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year:
Brock Lesnar coins Suplex City at Wrestlemania 31, I guess. The other options are stupid.

Best John Cena's U.S Open Challenge:
Sami Zayn on the May 4th episode of Raw. All were great but this was far more memorable than the others. Even Cesaro's paled in comparison.

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year:
The Rock and Ronda Rousey attack Triple H and Stephanie McMahon at Wrestlemania 31. Still wanna see that intergender tag team match between these four.... The Divas Revolution starting is 2nd place here for me.

Breakout Star of the Year:
Kevin Owens. None of the others are stars yet. Why is STROWMAN on the list? He's horrible!!!!

WWE Diva of the Year:
Paige is the correct answer. Anyone who votes Nikki is trolling or has lost their mind. Charlotte's also done well and her winning would make the most sense in kayfabe to further her heel turn, but Paige is still above the others if you're going by anything else.

Extreme Moment of the Year:
Roman Reigns post TLC match assault at the TLC ppv. Awesome and the best part of the show. It made Roman's doubters support him again.

Match of the Year:
John Cena VS Kevin Owens at Elimination Chamber, it's the best out of the options on the poll. Exceeded all expectations.

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year:
Seth Rollins cashes in his MITB briefcase at Wrestlemania 31

LOL Moment of the Year:
Edge & Christian bring back the kazoo on the September 7th episode of Raw, I guess. Most of these options weren't even that funny. The kazoos were though.

The Hero in All of Us Award:
No idea on this one.

Rivalry of the Year for me was Kevin Owens vs John Cena. They didn't have one bad moment or match in the whole rivalry. Three M.O.T.Y candidates as well during the feud.

In light of the new Slammys! format for Superstar of the Year where its fan voted that throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing. It no longer becomes about who the actual superstar was but any person of any age and any wrestling intelligence can vote for any superstar on the roster. Needless to say I'm not thrilled about this new concept. But I'm just 1 fan who thinks this method will backfire. But I'll watch regardless as I always do.

I know there's gonna be a lot of people here say its rigged and I don't believe it is. Plus I've herd Vince hates rigging polls. But besides all that I wanna know WHO is your superstar of the year? From the whole roster. I can't list them all so just leave a post are you voting your favorite or who yoiu think is the real star?

And who??

1.) Superstar Of The Year: This was clearly Seth Rollins' year until he got injured (Although my favorite superstar is still Dean Ambrose & I'm incredibly happy he just won the IC Title, so I would personally vote for him).
2.) Rivalry Of The Year: Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt (But I don't think any of these rivalries really deserve the award).
3.) Double Cross Of The Year: I personally thought the Jon Stewart screw-job was kinda lame & Mizdow eliminating The Miz ultimately went nowhere, so I'd go with Randy Orton turning on Seth Rollins on the March 9th episode of RAW.
4.) Surprise Return Of The Year: Alberto Del Rio & Zeb Coulter returning at Hell in a Cell
5.) Best Original Network Show: Breaking Ground, if for nothing else but Shatner's narration. Simply the best since Ventura's narrations on "The Mania Of Wrestlemania".
6.) Tag Team Of The Year: I actually really wish they'd give it to Cesaro & Kidd but it's obviously a... NEW DAY!!!
7.) Hashtag Of The Year: #SuplexCity
8.) Celebrity Moment Of The Year: As much as I loved seeing Owens powerbomb MGK, that's almost more of a Anti-Celebrity moment since it was more about KO & him putting an end to MGK's appearance. So I'll go with Stephen Amell's match/dive onto Stardust at Summerslam.
9.) "Tell Me You Did Not Just Say That" Moment Of The Year: Well it's really Paige calling out Charlotte's dead brother Reid but since that isn't a choice, I'll go with Lesnar coining Suplex City at WM XXXI.
10.) Best John Cena Open Challenge: vs. Dean Ambrose on the March 30th episode of RAW
11.) "This is Awesome" Moment Of The Year: The Shield briefly reuniting to Triple Powerbomb Randy Orton through the announce table at Payback
12.) Break-Out Star Of The Year: Kevin Owens
13.) Diva Of The Year: Charlotte
14.) Extreme Moment Of The Year: Luke Harper powerbombing Dean Ambrose through a ladder at WrestleMania XXXI
15.) Match Of The Year: The Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman vs. John Cena vs Seth Rollins at the Royal Rumble (but The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at Hell in a Cell is a very close 2nd for me).
16.) OMG Moment Of The Year: Seth Rollins cashing in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania XXXI
17.) LOL Moment Of The Year: The Miz & Damien Mizdow's erectile dysfunction commercial on the March 2nd episode of RAW

Superstar : Seth Rollins - Title win, multiple defends , high winning record.
Rivalry of the year : John Cena vs Kevin Owens - TOP CLASS matches and promos.
Double cross of the year Undertaker screws Brock out of the title.
Surprise return Del Rio and Zeb by a mile.
Best Network Show Breaking Ground by ten thousand miles.
Tag team of the year New Day by a mile
Celebrity moment of the year Arnold Swartzenegger introduces Triple H on the Titantron at WrestleMania as The Termanator.
Best John Cena open challenge Cesaro on Raw.
This is awesome moment of the year : Undertaker, Lesnar super RAW brawl.
Break out star of the year Kevin Owens
Diva of the year Nikki Bella
Extreme moment of the year Del Sol off the top of the ladder at TLC
Match of the year Kevin Owens vs John Cena at Battleground
OMG Moment Del Rio and Zeb answer John Cena's challenge
LOL Moment Michael Cole - Shameas should cash in his money in the bank briefcase for a personality.

WWE.com has announced the winners of some of the awards, I'm presuming these are some of the ones that won't be presented as part of the ceremony for tonight's show.

Tag Team of the Year - The Usos

Best John Cena U.S. Open Challenge - vs. Cesaro

Hashtag of the Year - #SuplexCity

Celebrity Moment of the Year - Stephen Amell Dives Onto Stardust At SummerSlam

“Tell Me You Didn’t Just Say That” Moment of the Year - Brock Lesnar Coins "Suplex City" at WrestleMania

I cannot believe the Uso's won over New Day. This is an outrage of epic proportions. #NewDayScrewed

At least it leads me to believe that they're actually using the fan votes. I expected them to give it to New Day, but it makes sense that the fans would vote in the Usos. They are the John Cena's of the tag division after all.

At least it leads me to believe that they're actually using the fan votes. I expected them to give it to New Day, but it makes sense that the fans would vote in the Usos. They are the John Cena's of the tag division after all.

Yes, you're right. I like the Usos but I think New Day were more popular this year. Most likely WWE's going to use this as a set-up for a future feud between the two teams. One that I hope will be awesome!

What's the point of having emphasis on the awards show if half the winners aren't available? Then certain winners being alluded from receiving their war on Raw.

Haha at Stone Cold podcast getting a Slammy over Breaking Ground. His podcast sucks the big one. It really does, somehow he makes his guest uninteresting by being a crappy host.

What was the point of that LON attack on The Usos just to look weak 20 minutes later? I'm still scratching my head over that one. Plus cage matches with doors are stupid.

I don't mean the viewers, although that is probably true as well. Half the Slammy winners didn't even show up. While it isn't surprising that Sting, The Rock, and Lesnar weren't brought in for the Slammys. Surely they could have done some fake 'via satellite' thing. If the votes are real they could have sent in a 'via satellite' package saying 'Thanks for the award'.

I did end up laughing at it quite a lot though, 'the most prestigious award show.' They couldn't even get John Cena to show up for it. The guy they claim works harder than any other wrestler in the company. Heyman at least made a good excuse for Lesnar. Lesnar is a guy who looks like he wouldn't care about that type of award.

Every time a new award was given to a guy who wasn't there the crowd got more and more annoyed. It was also a not so nice reminder that most of the memorable moments of the year were delivered by injured or part time superstars.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I even felt like Sting should have shown up. It would have been a nice moment to see him on Raw, accepting a Slammy. Then I thought, is it really worth Sting's time and air fare for him to fly down for an episode of Raw Slammys though? So yeah, Slammys are a fucking joke. And quite frankly, Kevin Owens and New Day deserved them, and in all likelihood were voted to win, over Nelville and The Ew-Sos.

I'm glad at least Seth freakin' Rollins showed up.

Agree, they are obnoxious and quite idiotic, especially to have it during RAW. It provides a really awkward flow to the show. It's "WWE Week" so why not make one of the nights "The Slammy's" in their own 2-hour show?

Furthermore, this year particularly was terrible planning by WWE.

Cena won an award and was advertised to return NEXT week. Why not bring him back this week to accept? Or at least have him show for the acceptance if he isn't wrestling?

Sting won and can't show. I know he's injured, but he can certainly come out and give a quick speech.

And then the worst of them all: Lesnar vs. Undertaker. Not only can Undertaker not show up to accept, but what's Lesnar's excuse being that RAW tonight was in his home state? You could tell the crowd was angry on that one, especially.

Just more poor planning by WWE to not have these guys there, whether they could wrestle or not, for a cool pop and appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back