Who wins?

• Samoa Joe

• Austin Aries

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Slammiversary 2012
Samoa Joe v. Austin Aries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppv3.jpg

All discussion here.​

Well, what can I say. Fuck yeah. I'm honestly sad that ever since him and Magnus lost the tag belts solely to boost the purpose of the bland story line of AJ/Kaz/Daniels we haven't seen much of Joe but I can say that him and Aries can put on a amazing match, just look at their ROH matches. But I have no doubt that Aries wins this, TNA are in talks of having him and Styles main events Destination X for the belt. Not a fan of no build whatsoever but hey we got one week left.

well...this match makes no sense at all is it for the belt? theres no fued at all here between the two so i dont get why its on the card i guess ill go with aries but honestly i dont know this just came out of nowhere joe and magnus should still be tag champs honestly.

This is the only match that I am actually excited for. There is no back story what so ever. Its just two guys who should work well together. Joe always does great with smaller guys, and Aries work great with a bigger guy in Ray. This match could steal the show.

IHW's Prediction-
Joe wins. Its not a title match, and I think one loss for Aries won't do any harm. Joe needs the win more. Then, maybe these two can feud a bit through the summer months.

Grandma Says-
"Joe is gana kill him."

the question is who needs this more....Joe need this unless he goes back into the tag relam and beats Kaz/Daniels..or Joe will not have anything goin for him...Aries lets face it if anybody other than Roode or Storm Aries is the next World Champion he's groomed for it...and this one loss will hurt him more because Joe basically came from nowhere to beat him clean* i see this as the first of 2 matches of the night..with Aries getting the win

*ORGASM*.

Joe's back in the X-Division and I love it. It would kill Aries to lose, WAS IT A TITLE MATCH. However, because it isn't, we can give Joe a simple win here. It's a shame this isn't for the title because I would've loved to see Joe walk away with the belt he once held so high.

Prediction: Samoa Joe

I reckon this could end up being a triple threat with Chris Sabin for X Division belt. Austin could then escape with the belt and then lead to a triple threat ultimate x match at next ppv- which I'm sure is destination x.

Aries Sabin and Joe could be just as good as the styles Daniels joe triple threats from a few years back.

Aries could then lose the belt during the feud and then move on to tv or world title whilst Sabin and Joe battle a couple more times for X Division belt.

Whether this stays as a singles match or Sabin gets added , it's truely going to be top class wrestling match.

Match of the night. No build but these two might make people forget that fact. Aries wins

This is going to be awesome. My prediction is Austin Aries as Samoa Joe gets no respect in TNA, and it would be pointless for Samoa Joe to win if he doesn't go anywhere after this match.

Don't get me wrong, Joe should be competing for the World Title.

Wait, isn't Aries still the X Division Champion? Why is this match not for the title? Joe was a contender for that belt in the past so it's not like he can't be one again. Aries is definitely going to be getting the win here. He's got a bright future with the federation, having held his title longer than anyone before him. Joe, on the other hand, rarely gets booked well and I highly doubt that will change here. It won't be the best match on the card, but it could turn out pretty good. Hopefully they change it at the last minute to be an X Division title match, another retention for Aries would make it all the better. He's winning regardless of if it becomes a title match or not though.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Austin Aries will defeat Samoa Joe.

First off, I absolutely LOVE that we're getting to see this match. Samoa Joe and Austin Aries are two of my favorite performers in TNA and I'm elated that they get to go out there, putting on an absolute show for the fans. Joe has always -- and always will -- work amazingly for a guy his size, not to mention that he works brilliantly with other X-Division performers. This match tugs at Joe's roots in TNA, it will give us the Joe that provided us with some of the best matches and moments in TNA's history. Furthermore, Aries is a brilliant worker who will be able to keep up with Joe -- maintaining whatever pace/type of match they choose to make this. With two such great performers, it's going to be very tough to mess up this match. As of right now, it's my early pick for Match of the Night -- and it could very well be a Match of the Year contender, depending on the time they're given and how hard they choose to go out there.

As for my prediction, I'll have to go with Austin Aries. Sure, Samoa Joe hasn't been as impressive as he once was, but his name still means a hell of a lot in TNA. Samoa Joe is a name that makes anybody's resume more impressive, so why not give Austin Aries the chance to pick up a big win here? It won't hurt Joe to lose here and it would only further cement Austin Aries as one of the pillars of TNA for the foreseeable future. I feel like it's a no-brainer to put Aries over. Then again, I wouldn't be stunned to see Joe go over, but there's just no need for that. I wouldn't flinch if they just decided to put Joe in the main event, without any build... because he's Samoa freaking Joe -- that's why this loss just wouldn't matter. Joe can take the loss, Aries could always use another win. Who cares, though -- let's just enjoy the match, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back