• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sister Abigail

Would TNA's Voodoo Queen Roxxi Laveaux make a good Sister Abigail

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Keep Sister Abigail as an entity and not a character

Results are only viewable after voting.

matt_hud

Occasional Pre-Show
With the recent injury to Bray Wyatt, Strowman and Rowan are kind lost in the shuffle... Neither of them have the mic skills to carry the Wyatt angle, but individually or as a team they can keep the Wyatts alive and relevant until Bray and Harper return...

They just need 1 small piece to accomplish that... Sister Abigail!!! I know there is plenty of debate should Abigail be debuted as a character or stay as an unseen entity...

With the loss of Harper and Wyatt I feel she might need to be a character and a mouthpiece till Bray returns...

So who makes the perfect Sister Abigail... 1 person comes to mind... Several years back TNA had the "Voodoo Queen" Roxxi...

I know she retired, but I believe the opportunity to work in McMahonland and a high profile spot like that might persuade Nicole Raczynski to come out of retirement...

Playing a character similar to her "Voodoo Queen" would work perfectly for Abigail and she can work a mic...

There you have the perfect sister Abigail and a way to keep the Wyatts in story lines...

I've always felt Sister Abigail should be an entity and not a living character. However, the right woman could really help being the gimmick out. If Wyatt is to be a face, it would add to storyline opportunities. It'd give him someone to care for and be protective of, which could bring out a more human side. It could also make him lame, so they'd need to be careful.

I agree with manstis1804, Sister Abigail its a concept....an ideal that fuels the crazyness of bray wyatts, if it ends up being a real human being, they whole thing will lose its core.

Sister abigail should remain being a voice in bray's head.

I've considered the idea off and on over the years, but I always lean towards keeping Abigail as a unseen entity.

Bray has lost much of his mystique, but the story of Sister Abigail remains the most mysterious and tantalizing aspect of his character. Was she his literal sister or some sort of mother figure? Was she an evil witch who corrupted Bray or has Bray merely twisted her otherwise harmless teachings to fit his sinister beliefs? Having the literal Sister Abigail appear would kill the last major mystery around the Wyatts. Personally, I like having that part of his character left to my imagination.

But if WWE HAD to do this, my preferred route would be to have a woman that channels Sister Abigail's spirit, but isn't actually her. This person is just deeply in tune with Abigail's ghost – perhaps even related to her? It'd basically be a possession sort of thing, which could be creepy as hell if they got the right actress to do it.

I wouldn't make her a wrestler but rather a twisted sort of manager-esque character that Bray occasionally seeks consul from. Thus, she would only appear once in a while and only during Bray's dark, backstage promos – or even better, at the Wyatt Family compound if they ever decide to feature that location again. Never in front of the live crowd though.

Once Sister Abigail debuts, Bray Wyatt loses some mystique to his character.

the Mystique, the mystery, and the questions of his origins are what make him unique, it's not worth the payoff to peal a layer of that away.

Bray getting tweeked and slightly repackaged to be more dominating after this return is paramount.

This could be the way to break up the Wyatts and put Bray into his singles push, last time they tried this, it failed, but that was because it wasn't a natural break.

Once Sister Abigail debuts, Bray Wyatt loses some mystique to his character.

I was going to say this, verbatim.

Sister Abigail is an abstract, that admittedly, WWE should flesh out a little more. I thought a nice finish to the Undertaker/Wyatt angle could have been Taker affirming that concept. "Bray, Abigail would be proud of you..." Suddenly a new piece of the puzzle shows up, left to the audience to decide what that means, and who is Abigail to someone like the Undertaker.

That being said, I don't know the talent in question here, but there is room for a false prophet Sister Abigail angle at some point. Maybe someone adopts the stray members of the Family under Abigail's name in Bray's absense, and when Bray returns he is forced to destroy this false-Abigail and her clan.

It might be best to leave her as sort of an abstract concept, maybe the woman who instructed Bray in "the truth" before passing on or however it went. I'd like to see the concept fleshed out more as I think it'd be interesting. Many years back, WWE released a paperback featuring a fictional account of Kane's life and I think the same thing could be done for Bray Wyatt.

The problem with Sister Abigail as a character is that WWE's only going to get one shot to really get everything right and if they don't get everything right, they may wind up doing more harm than good. You'd need the right woman for the role, depending upon if she was just going to be a mouthpiece/matriarchal figure or if she was also going to wrestle. She'd have to have the charisma to pull the character off, she'd need the presence, she'd need the mic skills and I also think she'd need the right look. When I think of Sister Abigail, the image that springs to mind is an attractive older woman, someone with a mix of a scary vibe and a milf factor about her, maybe with jet black hair with a realistic gray streak, piercing eyes, physically attractive but not some 20 something year old bikini model or someone that's trying to look like a 20 something bikini model. Her mannerisms would also need to be different than Bray's as she'd need her own signature style, etc.

If she was just going to be a valet/manager/mouthpiece, it might be smarter for WWE to consider going with a professional actress, someone that's older, possibly someone willing to undergo some special effects make up prior to each appearance to make her look older, though still vibrant. I think it'd work if she wasn't a household name, possibly even had some sort of different sounding accent; off the top of my head, Shohreh Aghdashloo springs to mind as someone with potential to bring the character to life.

However, as I said, if everything just didn't fit together exactly right, then it might be best to leave her as some sort of abstract concept. If it was carefully planned out and genuinely consistent effort was put into the concept as a whole, I think it could work; however, I don't trust Vince's attention span or attention to detail that much.

The problem with having a physical Sister Abigail is that you have to find someone to looks the part, can act the part, talk the part, in otherwords become this fictional woman.

As JH said, a young bikini model, the type Vince loves to hire, would be useless in this role. This person would also have to be able to travel with the Wyatt's and do all the things, promo wise that the actual wrestlers do. For most women who are middle aged that wouldn't work.

It's much easier and way more creepy to have her in the background somehow controlling Bray, but staying in the shadows. That way the mystery can continue for as long as they want it too.

I said this in another post..

Sister Abigail in any form is a terrible idea. She should remain a entity or a um higher being leading the family like from beyond the grave that the family worships. Never a physical person.

As far as Bray and Luke go...they need to open Raw with Braun and Rowan come out. Now I know their both faces now and both completely suck on the mic. But they need to feed off Wyatt's and Harpers injuries. The sympathy cheers. They need to cut a shoot type promo. Address the injuries head on. Say something along the lines of " Our leader will be gone for __ months. Were going to insert our name in the tag team tournament and win the belts for Bray Wyatt!!!" (Wwe can work them in somehow).

Just keep them together. Keep Wyatt and Harper off TV. Maybe a vignette every now and then. But feed off the sympathy vote and put the straps on them. Keep the music, the attitude, everything going. I mean a little bit ago Braun was fighting Brock Lesnar and talk of a Wrestlemania match for Braun before wwe nixed it. Nows a chance to see what he's got.

I like Roxy but why use her when Bray and Bo have an actual sister named Mia? I'm really surprised no one mentioned this idea yet..Why not just use her as Sister Abigail? Bray could refer to her as his sister which not only is true but would work well in the storyline.

She could be Bray's controller and demented sister who "showed Wyatt the ways long ago". She'd just have to take on the Abigail name and portray/sell the character's mannerisms damn good. In fact, there could be a plot turn where she admits that a mysterious unnamed woman taught her everything she knows, which in turn she passed onto Bray in order to continue the family's legacy. Eventually when both Harper and Wyatt are healed, this could lead to them "recruiting" Bo Dallas into the Wyatt Family and out of the 21st century J O B Squad.

I like Roxy but why use her when Bray and Bo have an actual sister named Mia? I'm really surprised no one mentioned this idea yet..Why not just use her as Sister Abigail? Bray could refer to her as his sister which not only is true but would work well in the storyline.

She could be Bray's controller and demented sister who "showed Wyatt the ways long ago". She'd just have to take on the Abigail name and portray/sell the character's mannerisms damn good. In fact, there could be a plot turn where she admits that a mysterious unnamed woman taught her everything she knows, which in turn she passed onto Bray in order to continue the family's legacy. Eventually when both Harper and Wyatt are healed, this could lead to them "recruiting" Bo Dallas into the Wyatt Family and out of the 21st century J O B Squad.

If they use Bray's sister, they'd potentially need to have her made up so her appearance fits. She's younger than Bray, and if she looks too young it could either fit their cult-like aims somehow or it could just seem unconvincing.

I actually think to push things over the edge and show that Bray is a mad man, sister Abigail should be like a doll with missing parts or something like Annabelle.

You can look at this two ways. Sister Abigail to Bray is like what the urn was to the Undertaker those unseen mysterious forces. As some of you have pointed out, Sister Abigail should be left unseen. A big part of what makes the Bray character so successful, is not knowing who or what Sister Abigail is or was. But I also agree with some of you who say the RIGHT person can pull the Sister Abigail which is why I'd like to throw out this name and let me know what you think. Former TNA Women's Champion ODB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back