• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sin Cara's name is revealed for the first time

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
This topic is not about the suspension of Sin Cara. There is one about that, if you want to talk about the suspension go to the other topic, leave this topic for the purpose it was created.

Mistico-Sin-Cara-wwe-debut-arrives.jpg

Sin Cara as many mexican wrestlers that wear masks hide their identity for most part of their careers or the whole of their careers at least to the public's eye, of course, the company that signs them know their true identity as co-workers too.

I remember going to Wikipedia page search for Mistico/Sin Cara just two weeks ago to get some more information about the guy and I noticed that the name of the wrestler wasn't shown. So I guess that his name wasn't public knowledge, but with the suspension Sin Cara's real name was revelead to the public. This is an insult to the tradition of masked wrestlers and also Sin Cara/Mistico's career. I know that WWE does this all the time they suspend a wrestler, they even did it with Mysterio, but it was public knowledge what his name was.

So do you think that this was a mistake that WWE could have avoided? Or Sin Cara deserves it because he violated the company policy? Do you believe that this information afects Mistico/Sin Cara career in the future? Discuss.

WWE simply don't care about kayfabe in the same way that Mexican lucha companies do. That's the long and short of it. However, that said, Sin Cara's real name has been common knowledge since he signed with WWE. I saw his Wikipedia entry months ago and it showed his real name.

As for how it affects Sin Cara in WWE, I'm not sure it does. WWE very rarely does a lucha de apuesta. And when they do, it either results in hair being cut, or the masked wrestler winning. However, it may well affect Sin Cara should he return to Mexico. And if we believe the dirtsheets, that may be likely. In Mexico, if someone loses a lucha de apuesta, they remove their mask and reveal their name. So should he return to Mexico, the excitement behind him losing a lucha de apuesta may be greatly reduced due to his real identity having already been revealed.

Yeah as stated above, it could affect his work in Mexico somewhat but the Mexican traditions aren't very well known and respected outsode of that country aside from those of us who still think it was a disgrace for Rey to put the mask back on (regardless of the merch possibilities).

The only thing is, he could form a new identity and allow someone else to be Sin Cara for him since I'm sure CMLL trademarked the name before WWE even considered doing the same (according to the WZ report a while back).

I say this since I'm sure he wouldn't be able to go back to being Mistico after he removed that mask to show the Sin Cara one in the press conference unless I'm somehow wrong or his case is special (you know, once you remove a mask, you can't go back to it).

It'd probably be like the L.A. Park/La Parka thing in AAA or the new Rey Misterio Jr where a different person can take up the old identity so Sin Cara's real name being disclosed shouldn't cause him too many problems should he end up going back down south across the border in future.

Sin Cara will not return to Mexico as he's Triple H's pet project. Plus I knew what Rey Mysterio's, Psychosis, Juventud Gurrera, and Doink's were before that was public knowledge. As far as Sin Cara he'll return w/ a diff name as they are have a hard time gettin the name trademarked.

Well it was very disrespectful on the part of WWE but unfortunately that's business he violated the policy and they needed to make an announcement about the situation to the public so that they wouldn't get in trouble for allowing their performers to use steroids (Stupid but look what happened when they accused Vince of distributing the stuff can you say media nightmare). The problem with this is that to anybody who wants to view official records outside of the wrestling world the name Sin Cara means nothing so they needed to use a real name. Sad but unfortunately he did it to himself and just because of who he is it doesn't entitle him to any special treatment.

From WWE's Wellness policy:
First Violation: In the event of an initial positive test for substances prohibited by this Policy other than marijuana and alcohol, the WWE Talent shall be suspended for thirty (30) days, fined an amount equal to thirty (30) days' pay deducted from the WWE Talent's downside guarantee on a weekly basis and WWE will publicly disclose the WWE Talent's name and duration of the suspension and indicating a first violation the Policy.

Sin Cara signed the contract and knew what would happen if he failed a drug test. He has failed it and suffered the consequences of his negligence.

WWE was just abiding by their own policy and I see nothing wrong in that.

It's solely and completely Sin Cara's fault.

he should be alot less worried about his name being revealed and alot more worried about how his lack of talent has been revealed. what an absolute flop this signing was. big deal, people know his name now, im not sure what difference that makes.

i hope he learns from this.and i think its good that WWE is hard on drug use,they are thinking about the health of the wrestlers and about the image to all the fans,especially for children.

and i hope they change his name,i dont like it,plus its almost sure they are going to change it because of the problems of the trademark.

alot more worried about how his lack of talent has been revealed. /QUOTE]

He defiantly doesn't have a lack of talent. If anything his signing and what hes done and the botches hes had shows the WWE rosters lack of wrestling talent and only being able to work one style. Sin Cara comes from a completely different style of wrestling and didn't get a chance to adjust to the WWE style since he was never sent to FCW first. When WWE/WCW had crusierweights and real high flyers from Mexico and work that kind of style, they worked with other people with that style and thats why it looked so good. People like Mysterio got to start off working the style they know while they got adjusted to the "American" style of it. Cara didn't, he was pushed right onto TV.

Also people bitch about him botching his entrance, well thats not his fault half the time either. The trampoline has to be set in the correct spot or he has no control over landing it correctly or not. Also the only other WWE talent I could see even pulling off that entrance would be Evan so its not Sin Cara's fault, they need to scrap that entrance.

Now as for his name being revealed. It really wont do anything different for him in the WWE. As others have mentioned the only thing it would really change is when he goes back to Mexico, but him taking off his mask and dropping the Mystico name already made it so going back to Mexico could have some problems. Also he had to know being in the WWE that at some point his name would be revealed...

And apparently Sin loves to preserve tradition, just like the tradition of guys who get a push to the moon and fuck it up with roids. Hes going to join the prestigious list of Chris Masters and William Regal. Gee I wonder what those two are up to :rolleyes:

I've known Sin Cara's name for a while now, but if he cared about his identity so much he should've avoided the needle.

He defiantly doesn't have a lack of talent. If anything his signing and what hes done and the botches hes had shows the WWE rosters lack of wrestling talent and only being able to work one style. Sin Cara comes from a completely different style of wrestling and didn't get a chance to adjust to the WWE style since he was never sent to FCW first. When WWE/WCW had crusierweights and real high flyers from Mexico and work that kind of style, they worked with other people with that style and thats why it looked so good. People like Mysterio got to start off working the style they know while they got adjusted to the "American" style of it. Cara didn't, he was pushed right onto TV.

Also people bitch about him botching his entrance, well thats not his fault half the time either. The trampoline has to be set in the correct spot or he has no control over landing it correctly or not. Also the only other WWE talent I could see even pulling off that entrance would be Evan so its not Sin Cara's fault, they need to scrap that entrance.

Now as for his name being revealed. It really wont do anything different for him in the WWE. As others have mentioned the only thing it would really change is when he goes back to Mexico, but him taking off his mask and dropping the Mystico name already made it so going back to Mexico could have some problems. Also he had to know being in the WWE that at some point his name would be revealed...

bullshit. do you have any idea how many mexican wrestlers do just fine in the USA? or turn it around, how many guys like xpac and jack evans and countless others go to mexico and do just fine? and japan? and europe? blaming his mexican style is extremely inaccurate and just an excuse put out by those who fell into the wwe created hype about the "new mysterio". i can admit i fell for the ultimate warrior hype and didnt see through the colorfulness and recognize how awful he was. why cant sin cara fans admit the same? stick him in a ring with 5 other masked spot monkeys (probably high on cocaine) and im sure he can put on a good match for youtube viewing when im bored. other than that, he sucks.

honestly it has to be one of the worst signings ever. he doesnt speak English. even by his own fans admission the guy has absolutely no versatility...hes a pure spot monkey and his fans call that a "style" lol. a company in Mexico trademarked his name before wwe could. he botches so bad he was taken off Raw and put on SD to hide it...didnt work so they added dark lights with a gold tinge. still didnt work. now the USA trademark was not accepted, so wwe has to refile. now the steroid thing. just a horrible, horrible signing. what was wwe thinking??

oh and remember the voting tabulation got screwed up that night on the "power to the people" raw? he got busted on june 20...the same day as the "power to the people" Raw where the vote tabulation was screwy. yeah right. i knew that was bullshit and posted it, only to be told how wrong i was LOL. well now im proven correct, it wasnt voting it- was vince's decision. though i guessed it was because vince just didnt trust sin cara on an important raw without fucking up but the truth it seems was much worse. i guess they let him work a few more weeks to finish some obligations...

i hope this whirlwind of a disaster is gone for good. thats my complete opinion of the whole wwe career of sin cara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back