Expectations for Sin Cara 2.0

Kaptain Klobber

Kan Klobber Krazy Kids
This past week on RAW we saw the return of sin cara. Well, actually we saw the character return. Mistico was chilling in Mexico at the time. It appears that for the future he will be played by Hunico (I was wondering about the tattoo :wtf:). Do any of you have any expectations for his future, maybe a mini push or feud.
I don't see a title in the future, but with Hunico as sin cara he could have a nice feud or something with another mid carder. The ring work has greatly improved, and maybe with a manager Sin Cara could get somewhere. Thoughts, comments?

According to reports that've come out over the course of the week, Sin Cara merchandise is, apparently, a big seller despite the fact that the character has had little to no presence on television for the last 1/4 of this year. Vince McMahon is still obsessed about setting a Guinness World Record at WrestleMania by having the most masked fans attending a live event, or something along those lines. Vince wanted a match between Sin Cara & Rey Mysterio at WM 29, but injuries sidelined both of them. So, he'll probably try to pull it off in 2014 by having them in some sort of match.

Another report, this one I read yesterday I believe, stated the current plan isn't for Hunico to permanently remain as Sin Cara. How long he'll play the character is up in the air, but, allegedly, the plan is to ultimately call up someone from NXT to play as the character.

The Sin Cara character is, apparently, making WWE significant money when it comes to merchandise. The fact that it's making money is the only reason they haven't just scrapped the character altogether and called it a day. When it's all said and done, it's about making money. As to who could be brought from NXT to be Sin Cara later on, the guy who immediately springs to mind is Adrian Neville. Neville's agility and overall athleticism borders on being superhuman. The sorts of things WWE officials expected from Mistico as Sin Cara inside the ring, Neville can and does easily deliver. Neville's about 5'9" or so and weighs right around 200 pounds, so he's got the size. Last time I saw the guy, he was pretty tanned so he could easily pass for Sin Cara. Vince has been wanting a masked wrestler to sort of be the next Rey Mysterio, which is a major reason why Mistico was signed. While Neville isn't Hispanic, I don't think people will care as long as he can deliver where it counts. Sami Zayn is also a possibility. His physical resemblance, physique wise, isn't as close to Sin Cara as Neville, but Zayn is someone who's consistently gotten top marks from the brass since he first showed up in NXT. The fact that Zayn is also damn good on the mic would only help him out.

This is a brief clip from a very recent episode of NXT. It doesn't show their entire match, but you definitely get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xju9k3s-JrY

I'd book Rey vs. Sin for the Kick-Off show and just build the whole Pre-Show around that match. Interviews, Mexican legends, bunch of video packages, and then at least 20 minutes of Rey vs. Sin with Rey getting the win at the end.

I'd book Rey vs. Sin for the Kick-Off show and just build the whole Pre-Show around that match. Interviews, Mexican legends, bunch of video packages, and then at least 20 minutes of Rey vs. Sin with Rey getting the win at the end.

If they are going forward with Sin Cara as the new Rey, then there is no way they would have Rey come out on top. A broken down old lucha beating a young up-and-comer in prime condition isn't the best way to set up a successor.

I think they may take this chance to open up the Sin Cara character a bit more. Give him a voice to finally try and connect to the fans and explain what hes all about, instead of the current silent lucha that wrestles under blue lights.... for some reason...
Its a shame Mistico couldn't adapt to the WWE style, cause I used to love watching his older stuff in Mexico and Japan, but I guess its no skin off his back, and as was previously said, his gimmick could be easily given to Neville, Zayn, or even Kalisto if recent reports about him coming to the main roster soon are true.

If they are going forward with Sin Cara as the new Rey, then there is no way they would have Rey come out on top. A broken down old lucha beating a young up-and-comer in prime condition isn't the best way to set up a successor.

I think they may take this chance to open up the Sin Cara character a bit more. Give him a voice to finally try and connect to the fans and explain what hes all about, instead of the current silent lucha that wrestles under blue lights.... for some reason...
Its a shame Mistico couldn't adapt to the WWE style, cause I used to love watching his older stuff in Mexico and Japan, but I guess its no skin off his back, and as was previously said, his gimmick could be easily given to Neville, Zayn, or even Kalisto if recent reports about him coming to the main roster soon are true.

Rey doesn't have to be a broken down old lucha. You can give someone else the Rey Mysterio gimmick too.

Rey doesn't have to be a broken down old lucha. You can give someone else the Rey Mysterio gimmick too.

:lol:
It's funny because it's true.

This whole thing is so ridiculous to me. So you want to keep "Sin Cara" alive because he sells merch, so you bring in Hunico with a giant shoulder tattoo to play him. Good so far. Then he re-debuts on Raw with no fanfare at all (same as Barrett) no promos, no vignettes, just shows up…and beats Alberto Del Rio?! A guy that just left the WHC title picture is now getting beat clean by a guy we haven't seen in months with no build? Also his annoying lighting is back, yay! Not good.

But now, even though we've done all this, we're thinking of calling up ANOTHER person to play Sin Cara, presumably one that doesn't have the exact same giant tattoo on his shoulder. Then answer this for me, why the hell even have the random match with Alberto, if you were just gonna replace Hunico/Sin Cara anyway? C'mon WWE, just use logic it's not that hard! If this is the beginning of the HHH-led creative team yikes.

I expect 2.0 to be handled a lot better than the original. I always liked the concept and character of a Sin Cara, and it's not hard to see why he sells so much merch (the mask and armbands). I'm glad they didn't let the character die with Mistico, although they really shouldn't have jobbed him out the majority of this year if they planned on revamping the character. I figure its only happening because they're deadset on Cara vs. Rey to retire the 619 at Mania 30.

And let's face it: Hunico was a better Sin Cara than Sin Cara. While he isn't as lithe and flashy as Mistico, he has more control over his body, hits moves much more solidly, botches much less and knows the WWE style better. I honestly don't see why they don't let him keep the role. After all, Hunico is probably not going anywhere as the Hunico character the way they buried it. Just let him keep the mantle instead of wasting an NXT talent on a gimmick that is already being fulfilled and wasting Hunico by dropping him into irrelevancy when he could just keep the role and be relevant, while whatever NXT talent they thought of giving it to can shine on their own. Plus, there's no getting around that tattoo unless they put a shirt on a new Sin Cara (which can't be a permanent fix because it's very likely to come off at some point) or get the NXT guy to get a replica tattoo (which is a bit much).

As for Mistico, good luck to him. I admit, it feels like he was a bit sabotaged since he REALLY should have went to NXT/FCW first to get a grip on the WWE style, but it's for the best. Still, WWE could have at least sent him down to train in the WWE style and learn English during his many off times. He's probably better off being a big star in Mexico anyway, although I'm sure flopping in WWE might have hurt his rep a bit.

Another report, this one I read yesterday I believe, stated the current plan isn't for Hunico to permanently remain as Sin Cara. How long he'll play the character is up in the air, but, allegedly, the plan is to ultimately call up someone from NXT to play as the character.

Well, all that demonstrates two things: First, the flexibility of the character. Apparently there are several performers capable of playing Sin Cara which, if nothing else, eliminates the threat of the character missing a performance due to injury......which was certainly a big problem with the original portrayer of Sin Cara. If the guy playing him gets hurt, they just substitute someone else. Groovy.

Second, they must have something significant in store for the character of Sin Cara. Otherwise, why would they give him a victory over a main eventer like Alberto Del Rio? It's hard to believe they'd do something like that with no long-term purpose in mind.

Wonder how the original Sin Cara feels. There he is, sitting at home and learning that the company has some major plans for his character.....yet he's not needed, thank you very much.

Talk about being expendable.

I think Hunico would be just perfect for the spot. He's wrestled in masks his entire career prior to his Smackdown stint. Not only that, but he's been on my radar as the cleanest high flier in WWE currently. Of course, Evan Bourne and Adrian Neville are close seconds, but overall Hunico takes the cake. Not to mention, I have no problem seeing him get the Sin Cara gimmick since Sin Cara literally stole Hunico's Mistico gimmick. To me, that's just great karma. Plus, there's a giant tattoo on the new Sin Cara. Unless WWE's gonna force someone to get a tattoo, then Hunico will have to be Sin Cara from now on.

On a side note, I personally want to see more masked wrestlers brought into the WWE. Go out and find Helms, bring back the Hurricane and give him a proper push. Go to Chikara and steal the entire Colony and the other ants. Put Sami under the hood. Simply put, get more luchadores. It will be easier for them to enter into Mexico's market and top AAA and CMLL if they have the luchas to do it. Hell, for all I care, go ahead and put Tensai in a mask and have at it. The false assumption that luchas are all high fliers needs to be broken anyways.

Hunico will make an excellent Sin Cara, why? I'll give you 3 reasons.

1. He is way more consistent and isn't a botch kind of person.

2. He's a much better worker than we give him credit for.

3. Remember Hunico vs Ted DiBiase, no, the one where Hunico beat him.

I didn't even know Hunico was "standing in" as Sin Cara. I just thought Sin Cara had put on some weight and is high time that he got better and natural in the ring (as oppose to forcing in every move). So can we have the lights back on now? I'm always worried that one of the wrestler might get terribly hurt under that poor lighting.

Something I don't get about WWE... Why can't Hunico wrestle "Sin Cara style" as Hunico? Why do you have to wear a mask to wrestle in that Lucha libre style?

From a viewer's perspective, it is none of my concern about how much money the Sin Cara character makes for WWE via merchandise sales etc. I want to see a good fight, I want to be entertained, I want to feel that "okay, I made the right decision by not switching the channel".
I think this new Sin Cara will do a better job, because the last one botched so much, many started referring to him as Botch Cara. But just being better than the last one isn't enough, he will have to be special and bring something innovative to the table, and stand out. I personally would like the new Sin Cara to do less hurricanranas and DDTs than the previous one and do more new and crispy wrestling moves like Seth Rollins, or develop his own trademark moves like Rey Mysterio.

Hunico may make a better Sin Cara than Sin Cara, but he'll always be only the second guy to portray the character. I don't know. If I was a performer in that situation, it would bother me. I would rather have my own identity, rather than taking over for someone else. On the other hand, it's a job that pays well, so :shrug:

So far they seem to be pushing the new sin cara as hunico so looks like hunico will stay as sin cara

I liked Hunico I just have a problem when a 2 time WHC and WWE Champion, Royal Rumble and MITB winner is needed to put him over. Remember when Del Rio use to on a regular basis squash the united states champion. I don't like his feud with Del Rio. There is a noticeable difference between him and old Sin Cara when you see him wrestle but his matches with Del Rio where pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back