Should WWE sign them????

mace87

Occasional Pre-Show
According to the main page both Bobby Roode & Eric Young have finished up with TNA, so the question is simple should WWE sign these guys for the main roster or to NXT?

I started watching TNA in 2011 part way through Roode's world title reign which remains the longest in TNA history. Since then he has been in my view consistently the best all rounder on Impact and could see him jumping to WWE and having a few decent years in the midcard winning the IC or US titles or even getting the WWE Title itself!

Eric Young didn't do a lot for me until his latest heel run as a crazed lunatic which I think he pulled off to a tee. For me I think Young could do a job in NXT but not sure what he could achieve on the main roster but being a couple of years younger than Roode gives him time to work in NXT before heading to the main roster.

So what do you think should WWE sign them or not?

Eric Young's finisher is a Piledriver, Piledrivers are banned in WWE apart from the Undertaker's Tombstone, figure it out.

Eric Young's finisher is a Piledriver, Piledrivers are banned in WWE apart from the Undertaker's Tombstone, figure it out.

Kevin Owens/Steen used a piledriver, he still got signed. I just don't think the WWE wouldn't want to bring in Eric Young.

The only one that I could see being signed would be Bobby Roode. I could see him going to NXT and getting the push James Storm was supposed to get. I think he would be the better choice.

Yes, Piledriver is banned in WWE. But Eric Young possesses a multiple of finishers other than Piledriver so he can use any one of them if he ever goes to WWE.

As for the OP, Its unfortunate that when James Storm was a free agent, Bobby Roode wasn't and now vice-versa is happening. It would have been fun to see Beer Money in NxT and thus WWE.

Yeah, Dudleyz involved in lackluster Wrestlemania 32 feud with Uso is an discouragement but Beer Money is different from Dudleyz.

The main problem with Young & Roode arriving in WWE is their age being 36 & 38 respectively. I would love them in WWE but would prefer them in NJPW, GFW or ROH instead of WWE.

The other problem with Eric Young, is that if he went to WWE, he'd possibly have to shave his Beard, so that he doesn't look too much like Daniel Bryan, because the IWC would complain about a lookalike.

Does Global Force exist? If so, I always thought the writing was on the wall that both were headed in that direction.

If that's not where they're going I'd say that WWE has nothing to lose by signing both. Roode probably has more potential to make WWE some money on the main roster but the way WWE is signing these TNA castoffs tells me that there is a good reason for it.

I guess so? I think Bobby Roode would be a good investment even with his age being up there... oh shit just realized he's 39. In that case, I'm not sure. It may take a little bit more than the "average" NXT fee to get Bobby Roode to sign and with his window closing fast, there won't be much of an opportunity to do much with him on the main roster. Than again, he is in great shape and strikes me as one of those guys who can effectively wrestle into his late 40s if he so chooses to. Hmmmmm, tough.

As for EY, he'd be great for NXT. Only NXT. I see him as somebody that can replace Breeze as the "gatekeeper" of NXT so to speak. The guy who's always around the title but everybody knows he'll never get it. Plus, the audience would go nuts for it.

They absolutely should if they can, they're both great talents, and they both can put in a few good years.

Finishers can change no problem guys, WWE would want to tweek their identities a bit either way.

all of the "Nobody watches TNA" talk is somewhat true nowadays, but both of these guys are from when TNA was still good, and they definitely boh have fans that would tune in to see them in the E.

At this stage in his career, I'm not sure Roode needs to spending a couple of years in NXT waiting to be called up to the main roster.

Unless WWE want to put him in the main roster right away then NJPW would be better for Roode.

As for Young, possibly NXT with a view to being a trainer.

Absolutely, both are very talented entertainers. Bobby Roode is somewhat of a Triple H clone and is great on the mic. He was part of Beer Money, one of my favorite tag teams and he also carried championships both tag, single very well.

Eric Young created very good, engaging ,funny characters in TNA and he is also very talented in the ring.

I would enjoy seeing them both honestly. Roode would be a fantastic heel. His work with Team Canada and then having Miss Brooks as his manager was all fantastic. He's one of those guys that's never going to be at the level of Angle, but you never see him put on a bad match. He's a fantastic in-ring performer.
As for EY, he's also a great talent. Admittedly I never watched TNA past the period where EY was pretty much just a comedy act (Team Canada excluded) and never saw much of his work when he was champion with ODB (I don't care to see it) or his run as champion from blatantly ripping off the whole Daniel Bryan thing. So it's been awhile. But I always enjoyed seeing the guy on TV. He could be a great guy in NXT. He'd probably make more there than he did in TNA and since WWE can actually give him a paycheck on time, he probably wouldn't hate that either.

I can honestly say that I couldn't care less about Eric Young, I simply have too much trouble taking him seriously as he spent the vast majority of his time as, essentially, TNA's version of Santino Marella. Not that he doesn't have talent, but I just don't see WWE being interested in him.

As for Bobby Roode, I'd say that his age is going to be a factor in whether or not WWE is interested in him. Reportedly, the reason James Storm didn't commit was over money as TNA was willing to offer him more and I don't see Roode being willing to settle for anything less either. I've always enjoyed Roode, I think he's someone that WWE should have really tried and worked hard to get 10 years ago, or 5 years ago would've been enough. Roode was really at his peak circa 2011 through 2012 during his first run as TNA World Heavyweight Champion and while he's had various title wins since then, including another TNA WHC run, he doesn't generate the sort of buzz and excitement that he did several years back. I wouldn't be against WWE signing him, but I don't think it's too likely.

While WWE has been signing wrestlers in their mid to late 30s, like AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, these guys have been really hot over the past few years and have constantly had some sort of buzz surrounding them. Styles had two successful, buzz generating runs as IWGP Heavyweight Champion and, strangely, even though it's been almost 6 years since Nakamura last held the title, he's a much bigger star now than he was then.

Roode is fantastic. His age is irrelevant, IMO. With his in ring style, there is zero reason that he can't continue to wrestle for a long time. He's in shape, knows what he's doing, and is fantastic on the mic. He's the complete package. Zero reason NOT to bring him in, if he's available and wants to come to WWE.

Young, I can take or leave.

Roode is main event material, with a right push he can be a megastar.

Young can be a new Crash Holly or Santino like character, after all WWE need some comedy act going on

Many of the WWE stars are injured at present and that makes the roster looks weak. If WWE signs Bobby Roode and Erik Young, they definitely will give some fire power albeit when the major stars return from injuries, everyone will lose the plot. WWE will put themselves in an intricate position for that.

Perhaps, if there's going to be a brand split again, signing them both will all make good sense. They'll have a brilliant couple of years or so.

Brand split? Won't happen, except possibly in the EXTREMELY unlikely event Shane McMahon beats the Undertaker in 2 weeks at Mania.

Signing Eric Young wouldn't make that much of an impact. He's somewhat talented, but he spent most of his career as a comedy character.

On the other hand Bobby Roode would be a great addition. He's very talented and a great heel. He might be 39, but that's not a lot older than recent wrestlers who signed such A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, and Austin Aries. The money might be an issue as Roode will probably want more than WWE is offering. If he is signed, he should skip NXT and form a tag team with Austin Aries on the main roster. They would be a great addition and instantly the best heel team in the division. (New Day are turning face, Wyatts have no credibility, LON are just boring). After that he might even become WWE Champion one day. Regardless Roode is very talented and a great heel so WWE should definitely sign him.

it won't take long for james storm to ask for his release... and the WWE tag team scene needs Beer, Money Inc. managed by ted dibase and stone cold.

I don't really see WWE hiring either man, though I would imagine Bobby Roode to be more interesting to them.

He definitely has the better look and is the more "complete package", but I fear that his age might be a downer for WWE.

I mean, with the current lack of top tier stars, they might even make the investment with Roode, and push him to an upper midcard status, but given his age, and the additional toll that the tougher WWE schedule would put on his body compared to the TNA schedule, I don't see him lasting much longer than 2-3 years in WWE, even if they should sign him. It might be a short-term solution for WWE to bolster up their roster at this time of injuries, but beyond that... I don't really see Bobby Roode in the WWE. Would've been great 4-5 years ago!

Eric Young to me doesn't say WWE material, though he could certainly be used as a trainer I think. But I also believe that WWE have enough of those at hand, if they are short staffed in that regard.

Bobby Roode really is a no brainer, he is such a complete package and has the sort of look that Vince loves. I can actually see him debuting on Raw the night after Mania. He would instantly command a mid card spot and would transition pretty quickly to the main event.

Eric would also be a good signing for the WWE, and if the rumours are true and the brand split is returning, then I can see there being a few call ups from NXT, and somebody like Young would help fill the void left by the guys who make the step up to the main roster.

I really don't think we'll see either of them in the WWE. For some reason only known to them, the WWE is going after New Japan wrestlers. Maybe it's because they want to get into the Asian market, as their shows there have been very well received.

Does TNA really have anyone that the WWE could invest in anymore anyway? Seems to me that it doesn't matter who they bring in, hardcore TNA fans will never watch the WWE. And as we've seen by some of the comments here on this forum, they turn against former TNA wrestlers when they do sign a WWE contract.

I think there's a chance both get signed but I think they land in two totally different spots. I can see Eric Young in NXT but in the same type of role as Tamasso Ciampa, a veteran enhancement talent or possibly being in that new lightweight tournament. Bobby Roode I think can have a bigger spot in NXT as maybe one of the top heels. The guy is good in the ring and on the Mic and he isn't a high flying spot monkey so you don't have the worry of age taking away his ability. He has a lot of Triple H qualities as he's a smart old school heel plus he has decent size and a good look with should appease VKM.

I've never seen either of these guys work as I steer clear of anything TNA related. That being said, from the rest of the comments it seems these guys are much like everyone else in TNA, washed up.

Should WWE invest in late 30-something year old guys with minimal notoriety who have toiled in the gutter of professional wrestling any maybe give them one mid card run that no one outside of TNA fans will care about? Simply put, no.

There are so many younger guys who could present WWE with more of a willingness to adapt to their style and provide sustainable longevity. If they're still looking to purge Japan, you've got guys like Kota Ibushi or KUSHIDA. If you're talking American or British indies, Adam Cole is probably the best pro wrestler not currently employed by WWE anywhere in the world, he's still a young guy (27), he's phenomenal in the ring and even better on the mic. Zack Sabre Jr. is another name being thrown around as a potential participant in the upcoming Light Heavyweight tournament, and his recent success in PWG has proven that he can get over with American crowds.

There's plenty of young talent out there that I don't really see the point in wasting time with washed up TNA guys.

Bobby Roode and Eric Young are solid talents, but not really interested in seeing either of them. Roode was tailor made for WWE...5-6 years ago. But WWE having so much more diverse talent that really isn't the case anymore, and he doesn't have anywhere near the pedigree of guys like AJ or Joe who came before him.

WWE needs to slow down with their signings and try to work with what they have. The roster is so stacked that even great talents like Neville and Apollo Crews are getting lost in the shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back