Call one up. Send one down. Sign one.

NtwrestlingMaster

NTW Wrestling's House/Producer
NXT has been argueably the best wwe show right now. The older wwe superstars such as Cena, Orton, or Kane are starting to slow down, and not deliver in there matches anymore. On the other hand, the newer NXT stars that have been called up are making an impact.

Pick one superstar to call up from NXT, and explain what you would do with him. Send a current WWE superstar down, and change his gimmick. Sign one free agent superstar that you would send to ether the main roster or NXT.

Call up: Sami Zayn. The best wrestler in NXT, and decent on the mic. I'd right away put him in a few matches just to get him some victories, then put him in a program with Cesaro.

Send down: I would send down Xavier Woods. He is a very talented wrestler, but they ruined him starting out with R Truth. Give him some time away from the main roster, he can make a whole new impact.

Sign: I would sign John Morrison again, because he could be used in many ways, such as a potential amazing match vs Seth Rollins.

It would be over harsh to send anyone back to NXT... but it can work wonders for some talents as it did for Mark Henry and Big Show all those years ago, being sent back to developmental. Arguably doing so not only saved their careers but were defining factors in their then subsequent pushes, they showed how much they wanted it.

Call Up - Adrian Neville, much as Zayn is rated, Neville has more of an upside for me in terms of what he can do once on the roster. I'll go into a bit more detail shortly...

Send Back - It's a tough call, Adam Rose perhaps but he is done for now, they're probably better trying to help him improve on RAW/SD. My pick, it would NEVER happen however is... RANDY ORTON... Yep, he's starting to show his old tricks again, sandbagging opponents, mouthing off publicly, even cyberbullying now seemingly. Looks like Mr. Orton is following his regular as clockwork pattern, he upsets a few people, has some bad matches and his attitude drops...then comes time off/suspension. Why not head this off and say "Ok, we need some guys bringing along in NXT and we want you to do it..." Instead of months of TV even make an angle of it that he is "demoted" in the same way Big Show and Henry was... if there are real issues it gives the company time to work through them but it gives Orton some time away from the main roster...and there are lot of talents in NXT who could benefit from being around him...failing that go with Big Show... there's no better advert for the positive benefits and again, he is someone who could teach the newbies a lot.

Hire - I'm bringing this back round to my pick from NXT... I want to see The return of a legendary tag team in it's 2.0 version... THE BRITISH BULLDOGS. Adrian Neville is a perfect Dynamite Kid subsitute and there is of course, Harry/Davey Boy Smith Jr. who could easily be rehired to the roster to make this happen. Tyson and Natalya are still there so the "Hart Legacy" stuff can be there but more likely have them face off with a newer "Hart Foundation" perhaps Kid and Zayn (he's Canadian right? they can engineer a Hart connection) if the Bulldogs are gonna be the heels then throw Paige and my "wildcard" Regal in there too and you have a proper feud for the tag division that will show Neville (and Zayn) off and allow Harry his rightful spot on the roster... Have the Bulldogs re-debut and Tyson and Natalya expect them to rejoin...only for them to rebuff and there be some vignettes of Regal taking them round the UK places where he Dynamite and Davey used to wrestle, hell even wheel Dynamite out and let him "vent", the upshot being that he has shown them that the Harts are not a good force in wrestling and Regal has taught them to be British Bulldogs first...and they're going to reclaim that legacy the Harts "stole" from them. Regal as Manager means you can wheel Bret out once in a while or for the payoff match...

After a time you can have them split and perhaps Neville go off with BNB or face him or Sheamus etc... Neville has the best upside of anyone on NXT, but they're not gonna make him a singles star off the bat without bringing the Cruiser belt back... so Bulldogs in the tags makes a great deal of sense...

Call up: Sami Zayn. You're right. He's EASILY the best on the NXT roster. I'd also start him against Cesaro.

Send down: Bray Wyatt. I feel like he was brought up way too early. His gimmick is great. His promos are great. But his in ring work is very sloppy. I'd spend a ton of time over the next 6 months or more just working him in the Performance Center until he was able to actually compete at the highest levels.

Sign: The Hardy Boyz. They deserve their Hall of Fame bids, and another couple of matches leading into Wrestlemania would remember why exactly it is that they deserve the shot. I'm not big into dangerous spots anymore, but there's something about the way that these two do it in a tag team style that's just incredible.

And to cheat, I'd also sign Bubba Ray and Devon for the HoF.

Call up: Tyler Breeze. A very solid worker with a much improved gimmick, has already been in developmental for about 3 years now and before that was trained by Lance Storm, so he's definitely ready in my opinion. Perfect size to work great programs with guys like Ziggler, Rollins, Ambrose, etc.

Send down: Big E. He needs to be remade in to a serious powerhouse, ala Mark Henry's "hall of pain" era. I've met him, and his size is very imposing, but he's been made in to a forgettable goof. I think he needs to come back with a transformed look (maybe a dreadlocks mohawk?) long pants, heavier music, and maybe even a new name. He's definitely a talent, but like Ryback before him, in an era of deflated performers his physique really stands out, and he could be a big star, but they need to let you forget about this run before doing it.

Sign: so many good choices, but I'd say Jeff Hardy. With TNA's demise inevitable, I'd say he is their biggest star who still has enough gas left in the tank for one good run in the big time. At the time of his departure he was outselling Cena in merch (let that sink in for a second). A good year or two with Jeff near the top of the card could really help to reenergize the main event scene, and also take some of the enormous load of being the top face off of Cena for a bit, while they continue to groom Reigns for the role.

I wouldn't call up a single person, I'd bring the Ascension to the main roster. Those guys are ready, and as is they are making a joke out of the NXT tag division by squashing everyone.

I'd send Damien Sandow down. Hopefully time away from the main roster and a new character could help save his career.

Finally, I would sign Drew McIntyre and would actually have him pushed, instead of how the WWE abused his character and released him.

Is it to early to call up Prince Deviett?? I hope they take care of this guy like they did Tyler Black and Jon Moxley aka Rollins and Ambrose. Mainly because I want to see Deviett having matches & programs with those guys. Also I figure they will do a who is the real Irishman thing with Sheamus, I hope it's done proper. But he is a veteran & he doesn't need to much time in NXT.

The guy I would send down would definitely be Adam Rose. The guy cant pull off Russell Brand's charisma, he just can't. I think he needs to tweak his Leo Kruger persona & form a South African tag team with Justin Gabriel because he also doesn't have the personality and charisma to get over on his own but can have entertaining matches. $$ in the South African Express $$

As for who to sign I wanted to say AJ STYLES but the company is having $ problems and the $ is in The Hardy Boyz , specifically Jeff. You can't tell me you wouldn't mark out if Rollins cashes in his MiTB contract @ some PPV then the next night he is out on Raw bragging about how he has beat everyone they have put in front of him, then the lights go out & out comes Jeff to challenge him. I know I would. The roster has changed so much sine the Hardy's left, so many new matches
Hell I would even pay $ to see an Ambrose vs Matt Hardy fued.

Call Up: Nobody. The roster is overloaded with young talent and they're calling up guys from developmental WAY before they're ready.

Send down: Just one? I have about a dozen I'd put back in developmental. But if I had to pick only one, I'd send Fandango to developmental. He has the athletic ability to potentially be very good, he just got saddled with a worthless gimmick. Since I can only send one to developmental, I'd instead give pink slips to Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Adam Rose, Xavier Woods, and Alexander Rusev.

Sign one: Matt Hardy. He's the far superior wrestler out of him and his brother and is much more dependable. I've always seen major money in Matt Hardy.

I would bring up Adrian Neville. there has been a great influx of UK talent on the WWE roster in the past couple of years and i think he is ready to be called up to the main roster. I would love to see him feud with Sheamus & BNB.

I would have sent Kofi Kingston down a couple of weeks ago, maybe try him out with a whole new gimmick. there is no doubt he has the ability but i think WWE aren't using him as effective as they could. But since it seems like they are forming a 'New Nation' i'm going to send Adam Rose back down. When i first saw him i thought i would enjoy it, but it is TOO over the top and he has bored me ever since he has been called up.

I would love to sign The Young Bucks. I know their has already been rumours floating round that they may be signing with WWE, but they would add soo much to the tag team division. with The Uso's, Goldust & Stardust, The Wyatt's (even though they have lost a lot of credibility over the past couple of months) and The Ascension, they would very much improve a thin tag team division.

Call up: Charlotte. May be an odd choice to some, and it would probably do her good to stay in NXT for a bit longer, at least until the Paige and AJ feud is finished which I could see carrying on beyond Summerslam, but I think she's great. Put the fact of her lineage aside, she's dramatically improved her work in the ring in recent time, to the point where the WWE seem to be going with her by giving her the Women's title. I think she's a good heel, and I really like the "genetically superior" angle they're using with her now the BFFs are finished. I know there are numerous male superstars in NXT who are in my opinion more than ready for the main roster, but selfishly I'd love to keep them all down there for just a little bit longer so we can see some truly epic matches, before some of them inevitably get watered down when they move up.

Move down: Adam Rose. This is a hugely biased opinion, but I really cannot stand this gimmick. Move him down, or bring him in as Leo Kruger and try to sweep the Adam Rose mistake under the rug. I believe it was Ray Leppan himself who came up with the Rosebud gimmick though, so I have a feeling we're stuck with him for a while. If you like Adam Rose, sorry, just how I feel. Now a more realistic choice I think is Justin Gabriel. I know he's making appearances on NXT and has put on some killer matches, but I think he'd benefit from becoming a fully fledged NXT superstar, even just for 6 months or something. Give him some direction, some character development rather than just being the South African guy who's very athletic. I mean he's a heel in NXT, but a face on the main roster when he does compete. I say make him a fully fledged heel and give him some direction instead of flip-flopping.

Sign one: AJ Styles. It's a curiosity signing, nothing more and nothing less really. :D

Call Up: Enzo Amore and Big Cass - Gold on the mic and can really beef up the tag division. Would be instant fan favorites if pitted up against the Wyatts.

Send Down: Adam Rose - Tired of his gimmick already + he has a low ceiling as "The Rosebud". I enjoyed his stuff as Leo Kruger more and the WWE is definitely in need of more unique characters that can be taken seriously. Maybe a sending down isn't realistically necessary, but rebrand him in a gimmick similar to his Leo Kruger role.

Sign One: Kenny King - A bright spot in the somewhat sinking ship of TNA. Bring him in and gimmick him as a super athlete, sort of like a black Kurt Angle. Have him team up with Coulter and Swagger as the 3rd Real American; make him the uber athletic Carlton Banks/Uncle Tom cornball brother to go against the new NOD they hinted at with Woods, Kofi and Langston. Would be funny/good televison, but also has potential to break away and be a staple in the main event scene.

the reason Devitt is not going to be called up soon is because he hasn't debuted on NXt yet, and he himself has said that he has to get use to the WWE in ring style first. thats pretty much the reason NXT is around. same goes for KENTA. WWE wont allow strong style in there company.

Call Up: Enzo Amore and Big Cass -

I've seen Enzo Amore ONCE, when he came back to NXT a few weeks ago. He was in Cassidy's corner and was cutting a promo on his way down to the ring.

I never even heard of him before, so I didn't know he was coming "back" from anything. But DAMN that guy is awesome on the mic. He made an impression on me. I don't know how he is as a wrestler, but even if he is the shits, he's got a future. Even if he's just a hype-man, manager, whatever, get that guy up on the main roster.

I"m not as sold on Cass, but if it means getting Amore on RAW, I'm all for it.

Call up- Nobody. The main event and upper-mid card is currently full with talented stars- both established ones and emerging stars. It really doesn't have any more room. You wouldn't want to put a brand new NXT debutant in the mid card or lower mid card either, because that would only be a waste of all these months of grooming.

Send back- Cameron. I can't tolerate this lady. I just can't. Maybe having dealt with a super-idiot on the forums lately, my patience, resilience and tolerance levels have increased substantially, and now I will be able to watch through 5 minutes of her presence, but that doesn't change the fact that she is awful and should be sent back to developmental in order to work on her acting skills, facial expressions, wrestling skills, promo skills... pretty much everything. Might as well give her a new career counselling.

Hire- Shark Boy. I know he will go nowhere and be a jobber in no time, maybe even from day 1, but it'd be fantastic if they'd give give the Stone Cold gimmick like TNA did. I can only dream. lol
Hell, I'd even settle for the normal Shark Boy gimmick if he is given a chance!

Promote - Sami Zayn
Sami needs to get called up to the main roster. He's ready and I would promote him to the main roster to make an impact in the midcard.

Demote - Big E
Incredibly boring. I don't get what anyone sees in him. I would move him down to NXT to either work on a gimmick or be a jobber.

Hire - Kaitlyn
I would try to hire Kaitlyn back. With the vast improvements the divas division has had, it would be great to add her back and have yet another talented diva on the roster who can actually wrestle. Imagine a triple threat between her, Paige, and AJ!

I agree with Nobby on McIntyre and NtwrestlingMaster on Morrison as other potentials to try to hire back.

Promote - The Ascension
Many others in NXT who are ready to be called up but what the main WWE roster needs now is credible tag teams so The Ascension needs to be called up soon and make a name for themselves in a big way.

Demote - Rusev
I would say Bo Dallas but I wouldn't mind him staying on the Main Roster to be the token heel to always gets beat up but still thinks he's awesome. They need someone to replace Heath Slater since Slater is now a STAR!

Rusev, though, is boring and I can't stand watching him. I can't wait for him to be Cena'd.

Hire - Kozlov
HE was the Russian super athlete WWE should have kept. He actually IS Russian which makes it better and he's more interesting. They killed him with that Santino team but if he came back with a vengeance it could still work.

Obviously I'd call up Sami Zayn. I'd call up Sami Zayn and give him the intercontinental title. Then I'd give him the US title. Then I'd give him the tag team titles and the diva's title. Then I'd give him the world title. After that, I'd rename Raw the Sami Zayn show.

But just to be a devil's advocate sort of guy, I'll say I'd call Bayley up instead. Her gimmick isn't "obnoxious hot chick" so she's distinctly different from 98% of the women on the main roster. She's one of the best conceived and portrayed characters in WWE. She's just great. More Bayley please.

Fucking hell at people saying they'd send great wrestlers like Bray Wyatt down to developmental. WWE have only gone and bloody sent Eva Marie down already, stealing the obvious answer. I enjoyed Cesaro in NXT but saying I'd send him down seems too much of an insult, even if he's got fuck all going on.

Fandango? Curtis Axel? Supposedly decent wrestlers saddled with nothing characters. That works.

As for signing one, I found out about a tag team called War Machine in Ring of Honor this morning. I'm quite fickle so I now believe them to be the greatest thing ever:

[youtube]WJXHPwBUb3k[/youtube]

They're like The Ascension - and I love The Ascension - but with worse theme music and more tatoos. And movez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back