• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Triple H pass Ric Flair's record 16 World Championship's

I wouldn't mind HHH passing Ric Flair's record only due to the fact that a few wrestlers are going to pass it anyway with the way titles are being passed around. Ric Flair's legacy will still be intact no matter what so it isn't really a big deal.

Why shouldn't Triple H pass Flair's record? Triple H is returning soon and I think he should win the WWE title or WHC before retiring. I personally like HHH better than Flair anyway.

'Nuff said

First, I do view Flair’s World Title count at 22 or 24, depending on how one looks at it. I would like to see Triple H get to 17, but I do not want to see him get to 25. This way, the “credibility” of Triple H being the 17 time World Champion looks and sounds great in the WWE Universe, but in the IWC, we know better.

After the WM24 retirement I thought about if Triple H would pass Flair in the title count and I was against it because Flair is the Flair and I thought at that time he deserved it.But now with Flair running around like a crazy old bastard with thin white hair is just sad and TNA is pathetic for letting it happen.I can say a lot about Vince being an ego maniac but the guy knows when your done.If anyone knows when there's no more money to be made with you its Vinny Mac and he gave Flair a grand send off.So as I see it yup I do want to see Triple H leave Flairs 16 in the dust because Triple H will have the class to call it quits when his days in the ring are over.Triple H deserves it on his work alone the guy has been a main eventer since 99' that's a impressive run with ppv and all that to think of.Think about it he was a head liner 11 years ago we have been dishing out cash to see the king of kings for over a decade.

i don't think he should, because triple h doesn't deserve it. In my eyes, triple h wouldn't be the main eventer he was if it wasn't for DX. Ric was in the main event spot for much longer than triple h will be.

Yes, he will, and there was an interview a while back where Ric himself picked HHH to do it.

I think HHH should get his own thing,
He's Great,
But he really doesn't have any titles,
Besides Cerebral Assasin and King of Kings,
It's up to him to make that name,

how about the guy who slept with the bosses daughter and still works for him? i'd say thats a title all on it's own.

i don't think he should, because triple h doesn't deserve it. In my eyes, triple h wouldn't be the main eventer he was if it wasn't for DX. Ric was in the main event spot for much longer than triple h will be.

and HBK wouldn't be if it were not for Bret, and Undertaker if it were not for Hogan.. everyone gets their push somewhere. i say he DOES deserve it, yes he may have an ego, but he's also a student of the game. (hence the name) he's one the few to actually go study how things are ran from a busness sense, studied how the books are done, talent scout, ect. learnt a lot from guys like HBK and Vince, and also on how to be a leader backstage from guys like Undertaker, and passed that on to future starts like Orton, and Sheamus. so what if he used his connection in the Mcmahon family to further his career, are you saying you wouldnt? it's a known fact that being the top guys makes you paranoid in the back for who may take your spot. was either Mark Madden, or Kevin Kelly who did a piece on it a while back, and said backstabbing is very common in the back (yes even guys like Cena have done it, so keep your panties on), but HHH took a different approach and as stated "slept his way to the top" but also learnt a lot on the ride up there.

and of course Ric was in the top spot for longer than Trip will be! but how many years ago should Flair have retired? YEEAARRSSS ago. can you really tell me you enjoyed seeing an old man get thrown around the ring? i felt bad for him! he was no longer doing it for the love of it, but because he was broke as a joke! when you been married as many times as Ric, and have that much money to pay each month, OUCH!

nobody cares about Ric winning the other titles. They focus on 16 world titles for a reason because it has rarely ever been done before!

As for Triple H passing it i would say maybe, Ric went to TNA so i wouldn't be surprised if his 16 titles never happened considering Vince being a right ass. But i think Triple H could beat the record. hes at 13 now i believe and hes really close that every time i see him in a world title back i think come on HHH get the next title and get 1 step closer. But now HHH keeps on getting injured. Hes not as young as he used to be and i dont think he understands that. I think when he returns WWE will give him the title for a few months and he may even go heel so we all may think oh god i hope he dont go for the record. By his like 15th title regin i think he would start saying that he is soooo close to beating Rics Record. If he cant beat it the only ones who can are Orton and Cena. Both have alot of years left in them. Orton looks as if hes ready to get back into the title picture and Cena is on like 10 world titles now and Orton was here earlier than Cena. Cena I think will beat the record because ever since he won the WWE title hes at least had a world title or 2 per year. He can at least ahve another 4 title runs in the next 2 years. T

tripple h will neaver beat ric flairs 16 titles in my mind, even if he does he still wont be as good, because in flairs day there was only 1 world title in the company. ps if they counted all the smaller world title's ric flair has won he would be a 35 time world champion, also if you counted all the world titles in smaller promotions jerry lawler has allready beaten flairs 16 world titles

His respect for Flair will determine how far he goes. I think Trips will get to 16 but won't go any further. Although the fact that Flair went to TNA may encourge Vince to push for the record to be broken. On the other hand Vince has started pushing younger wrestlers recently and if he finds that they are worth investing more time in then Trips may find his title wins coming few and far between. Besides, even if Trips bets the record, at the rate Cena is going he'll end up beating all of them.

I don't think it really matters. Edge said last night on Raw that he won 29 championships in WWE. That is a lot, but does it matter? I'm not even sure if 16 is the right number or not for the World Championships Flair has won over the years. People win World championships so fast nowadays that people like Edge and Cena are probably in the double digits as far as World titles go. Back when Flair was wrestling, it didn't matter how many world title reigns you had.

It was a lot harder to win a world title in the those days. Sheamus and Jack Swagger won their first Word Championship in only a year. Something that would take Ric Flair years to do. Its kinda like the highest grossing movie of all time. Avatar and Titanic may hold that spot, but since it is 2010 the inflation and technology has sky rocketed. A movie like Gone With the Wind or even the original Star Wars was at the top of the box office in the 30s and 70s when tickets didn't cost nearly as much as they do now. They also didn't have the luxury of 3D ticket sales either.

Ric Flair and Triple H wrestled in two different eras in wrestling. Triple H wrestled in an age where World titles changed weekly or monthly, and Flair wrestled when world titles would be awarded to someone for years at a time.

No, Triple H shouldn't pass Ric Flairs 16 title reigns. He gets injured every 3 months, and has already cemented himself as a great wrestler in the WWE gimmick wise and wrestling wise.

He won't, especially if there is only gonna be one world title to have. His body is too broken down, and there is too much talent for him to carry a show, especially to win it and lose it again four more times, especially with only one world title to share among all of these guys.

SHOULD he? Meh, kind of a extremely vaugue, subjective thing. He certainley has the credentials, and has put in the work, so I don't see how anyone could take great offense if he did.

Rick Flair holds 20 worlds championships, not 16. And no HHH will not break the record unless the title hot potatoes between him and someone else for the next few years or he continues to wrestle for the next 10 years with normal reigns.

HHH is someone whom I feel is good enough to do so, he has all you need to be a legend in the business and he is a great wrestler. The man has held nearly every belt and has shown to be able to be a great champion. So if he were somehow able to do this should he? Yes. Will he ever realistically? No

I'm gonna say yes and I think Flair wouldnt mind just for the fact he'd keep saying "Well he beat my recognized record, but I'm really a 21 time World champ"

And yes he should because I believe Kurt is at 12 or 13 titles last I heard and WWE should have HHH do it before TNA gets Kurt to do it and have Flair shake Kurt's hand after breaking the record in tears with Flair giving his approval and respect likely being the most emotional moment in TNA and a big one. So yes HHH should do it

One thing I have an issue with, Flair isnt a 21 time World Champion, he's a 20 time World Champion and that's it!

You shouldnt count the WCW International World Championship as a World title just like you shouldnt count the WWE Intercontinental Championship as one, it's really only fair, so sorry Flair, and everyone else, but it's really 20. And also TNA's Global Championship shouldnt be considered a World title. Companies are so stupid for doing stuff like that, International title wouldve been fine, why put World after it? And why a Global title when you have a World title? It's ridiculous, atleast as prestigious as the IC title is it never had World or Global in the title, yeah it's the IC title, but atleast WWE doesnt recognize it as a World title

If they did Jericho would be a 15-time World Champion, Triple H would be a 18 time World Champion, The Rock would be a 11 time World Champion and Edge would be a 13 time World Champion

I Think The Might ..

For One :Ric Has Left WWE And Know With Tna
For Two: HHH Is A Bigger Star
For Three: He Has To Beat It .. As One On On Page 1 "Records Are Made To Be Broken "~

I Hope He Does :)

I love Ric Flair as much as the next guy, and he really did earn all (or most) of those championships through a lot of adversity, but I think that Triple H works harder than anyone gives him credit for, he's battled through a lot of injuries and even though he's not as big of a draw as his record and championship history may suggest, not to mention the whole, marrying the boss's daughter thing, I think he should break the "record". Why not? It's just going to be broken again by someone else a few years later anyway, and it's honestly kind of a meaningless thing to be honest.

If Ric Flair would have retired at WrestleMania 24 after that great sendoff he got and left well enough alone. Then I would have said no way in hell to Triple H surpassing such a legendary record and achievement made by one of the greatest performers ever in professional wrestling. However the moment Flair not only showed up in the competition but also got back in the ring was the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to my original belief on the record of world titles.

Now I just think that since Flair jumped ship to the "competition" and came out of retirement from wrestling on television there as well, i simply don't care if Triple H surpasses the record. I say fuck Flair, he went ahead and crapped on memorable send off, only to go to WWE's compeition and put the boots on once again. Therefore I welcome Triple H to win another four world titles just for to see him surpass it and so that WWE actually has someone that they can overhype as the man with most world title reigns. You know since Flair isn't mentioned at all anymore.

I absolutely think that Triple H should surpass Ric Flair's record number of World Championships. I even question the legitimacy of Flair's record as a lot ot these title reigns were beyond the confines of the WWE. But all of that aside, why not have Triple H surpass the record?

Who's more deserving? All records are made to be broken, and who better to break it than Triple H? He has longevity in the company, pre-dating his marriage to the boss's daughter that erroneously is confused with the reason for his success. He has been solo, tag team, and faction-oriented. He has been heel, face, and tweener. He's above average in the ring and stellar on the stick. He's overcome significant injuries. He's put countless people over, despite the IWC's claims to the contrary. He was an integral part of WWE winning the Monday Night Wars.

Ric Flair has been disloyal to the WWE. After the send-off they gave him, he said thank you, but I think I'll go to the "competition" now. So someone should supplant him in this regard. And that someone should be Triple H, to officially take his place amongst one of the all-time greats.

I don't think he should. I think he should just get to the '15' reign mark or be tied with Ric Flair. Lets face it, HHH was no where near as good as Flair, ever. But the thing that stuffed Flair was that he just wanted to keep wrestling when he was way too old. In the late 90's when he was in WCW I didn't mind him, but when he came to WWE I think it just ruined his career and thats what people will remember him for (well kids/young adults). But by no means should we see someone beat Ric Flairs reign if you have people like the Rock and Stone Cold so far below.

Sadly I agree Flair sabotaged his own legacy by wrestling again... should it be Trips... no, I feel even he would think that far too obvious to actually be the one to break it... I think he will tie for it though... But I do see Cena being the guy to do it... it would be a hell of a draw for his last Mania match that Cena goes to break flairs record against Trips... maybe in about 4 years time with Trips as the ultimate heel trying to keep it and Cena having to walk through fire to get the record

No one else should come near... sadly it means some guys, like Edge shouldn't get more runs... they had their time, now its time to put others over... The only guy who should get a few more is Jericho, but I'd settle for being the new Undisputed Champion again when its first done... Then he would still only be on 8 reigns but they would be meaningful.

Well firstly Flair had 21 World Title Reigns technically, not sure whether my source is correct though

8 WCW World Title Reigns, 6 NWA World Heavyweight Reigns, 2 WWF World Heavyweight Reigns were the official ones

anyway going with these stats technically Flair had 16 NWA/WCW/WWF world Title reigns, Triple H currently sits on 8 WWF/E World Titles, 5 (WCW) World Championships
very similar

But given technically Flair has 21 Trips is nowhere near, and personally i don't think he would want to out of respect. pass his official record, maybe. He will tie it at the least.

Or since Flair is now riding with TNA who's to say Vince doesn't push for the record to be broken

Dopesn't matter either way, it's just a title and stats don't mean shit really anymore since titles are thrown around like candy

It really doesn't matter because someone will eventually pass them both.

I personally HATE Flair. So, I wouldn't mind seeing Trips pass him at all... He was one of the biggest names in probably the biggest Era ever.

I respect Flair's career. But, I also respect Trip's career. I think he should pass him. Honestly, FUCK Ric Flair................

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, with the World Titles being unified at WM 27, I don't think we'll ever see the future guys getting 12, 14, or 16 title reigns, which is the way it should be.

I don't think HHH should break the record, just because Flair is always billed as the "Greatest World Champ" of all time. But with Vince probably pissed at Flair, and for good reason, he'll probably give HHH another couple reigns to pass Flair's record. I don't have a problem with HHH though. He's the perfect company guy, he's been there through the thick and thin, and he's done just about everything a guy can do in WWE.

Does Triple H deserve this honor?
'Deserve' is the choice word in this question. Who deserves anything, really? You get what you earn. By hook or by crook HHH is a power player in WWE. How he got there is really not the point either. IF Triple H gets the belt a few more times and passes up Flair… So what? Records are made to be broken (especially in a phony "sport" where wins and loses mean absolutely nothing).
Should Ric Flair keep the honor all 2 himself?
No. In order to establish a future you tear down the past and build upon its rubble. If it's not Hunter it'll just be someone else.
Should another wrestler(other than Triple H) pass Flair?
Yes someone should do it. Not for the sake of doing it but because they were so integral i.e. profit generating, over such a long stretch of time that a company gave them numerous runs with the belt.

Well firstly Flair had 21 World Title Reigns technically, not sure whether my source is correct though

8 WCW World Title Reigns, 6 NWA World Heavyweight Reigns, 2 WWF World Heavyweight Reigns were the official ones

anyway going with these stats technically Flair had 16 NWA/WCW/WWF world Title reigns, Triple H currently sits on 8 WWF/E World Titles, 5 (WCW) World Championships
very similar

But given technically Flair has 21 Trips is nowhere near, and personally i don't think he would want to out of respect. pass his official record, maybe. He will tie it at the least.

Or since Flair is now riding with TNA who's to say Vince doesn't push for the record to be broken

Dopesn't matter either way, it's just a title and stats don't mean shit really anymore since titles are thrown around like candy

The 16 reigns apparent amount to 3,500 days. Trips can't boast that. There was another site I would always run into on accident that listed him as a 32 time champ. Either way the respect Trps has for Flair is real and hes not gonna attack his record like that. Did Trips get angry when the Outersiders joined WCW? nOO. SAME NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back