• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Mark Henry Seek Revenge On The Rock?

Fansince1992

Getting Noticed By Management
As we witnessed last Monday Night on Raw,, The Rock decided to involve himself in the aftermath of The John Cena vs Mark Henry Match.

The Peoples Champ delivered a Rock Bottom to a Defenceless Henry after his defeat to John Cena.

Now Mark Henry to me doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would take this kind of thing. As we know The WWE invested in Henry and The WSM was built up really well during 2011 and the early part of 2012 as THE Monster Heel of the WWE. He is also a recent World Heavyweight Champion.

I'd like to hear what peoples opinions or angles (if any) could come out of this. There are many factors to consider.

-Is the Rock just to much of a mega star for anything more to come out of this? and the WWE just used Henry as a Target to show off The Rocks power/strength compared to Cena?
-Is Mark Henry being relegated so to speak to the Mid-Card?
-With the Rock only being around for a short while longer to short enough time to build anything with Henry?

From my perspective the Rock Bottom to a beaten up Monster didn't really make The Rock look Flashy or Eletrifying. Cena may of had that Worried look on his face but we all know Cena is a big Softie.

I think this coming Monday on Raw a good idea would be to have Henry open the show and call out The Rock. He could challenge The Rock to a match which he accepts, setting up this weeks Raw Main Event. The match could go just like The Henry/Cena match the week previous (Henry dominates the Rock for a while and Rock makes a Comeback for the win) This would mean that the Rock and Cena would look even more matched going into WM (as they have faced the same opponent) In turn this could keep Mark Henry Creditable among the top heels as he had put on good performances against both Cena and The Rock.

This probably won't happen as i feel The Rock won't step into the Ring for a match before WM, and i have a feeling that Henry won't follow this up. What do others think?

thats a great idea,but rocky might not be here for a fued,but have the match tonight on raw,just to build rocks momentum,and cena can come out and try to show rock up in some way.great idea i must say myself

It's likely that Henry will mention the attack in a promo, briefly call the Rock a coward, and that would be the end of it. Henry was simply used to make the other two look strong, and he's got the Teddy vs Johnny match going on. The attack won't be mentioned after Wrestlemania. Involving the two together wouldn't make much sense anyway. They've got history, but a feud with the Rock shouldn't be wasted on Henry. He's already built, over, and credible, and he's already had his spotlight. That's not to say he shouldn't be involved in more main event feuds. But one with the Rock isn't something that should ever happen.

This isn't something that I see happening in any way. After WM, The Rock MIGHT show up on Raw next Monday as sort of a final closing on his match with Cena. After that, we probably won't lay eyes on him again for months, or maybe longer depending upon where they go from here. I've read articles saying detailing rumors that Cena vs. Rock at WM might be just the first match in a series of three with the next one possibly taking place at SummerSlam.

If indeed WM isn't the end for Cena vs. Rock, then a feud with Henry isn't at all likely. If it is, it'll probably be something of a warm up feud in which Henry could ultimately come out looking like a chump. Given a choice between that and just letting things go, I'd definitely prefer the latter. While something with Henry & Rock could lead to some very rare wrestling matches against Rock on Raw, Henry's done too well and been too good over much of the past year to just be used as fodder for The Rock. The Rock doesn't need Henry to look good because he's The Rock. He's got star power on his side.

Although the idea of having Mark Henry call out the Rock is a good one, I do believe I read somewhere on this site that Vince has a "NO TOUCH" policy in place towards the Rock as well as a "HANDLE WITH CARE" policy in place on Cena...

Not to mention, is the Rock going to be around much after mania, or is he going back to Hollywood? A fued with Henry would be pointless if he is leaving after mania.

I mean, the idea is a good one. I just see no payoff for WWE, The Rock, or Henry in a one-off match on RAW tonight. The Rock will not be in a match unless it is on a huge PPV, especially with the aging, exiting Henry. The Rock will be around possibly till next Mania (don't quote me on that), but in the same capacity that he was in this year. It all just seems pointless to me. I don't know.

-Is Mark Henry being relegated so to speak to the Mid-Card?

Yes, he is. Unless something unexpected happens in negotiations with the company, I think Mark Henry's main event days are over. As I see it, he was given a huge push after he announced he was in his final year as a performer for WWE......and he went miles further than anyone thought he would, but then he got hurt again (as he inevitably does) and they took the championship from him, relegating him back to also-ran status, which is where he's spent the majority of his so-so career. If the company plans to have him try and exact revenge on the Rock for last week's attack, it will just be a quick butt-kicking by Rock....and nothing more. The last thing the company wants to do the week before WM is put the Rock at risk.....and to do it against a guy who could accidentally hurt him with his sheer size would be foolhardy.

Also, people shouldn't be planning too much for the Rock as an active performer. For all his ranting, his only recent physical exertions have been Rock-Bottoms against Mick Foley and Mark Henry.

Rock is here to wrestle John Cena.....and then go back to Hollywood.

Pointless, all that happened was Rock came down and hit the rock bottom with ease, Cena struggled with the AA, the whole point was one-upmanship. It's only a rock bottom it'll have been forgotten about come Raw unless Henry mentions it.

Though the best thing about the Rock bottom on Henry is that it leaves the door open for a future bout if Dwayne can fit it in, especially to keep his ring rust to a minimum if he's only going to have big matches on WrestleMania cards.

While it would make a lot of sense in kayfabe, I just don't see anything coming of it. The Rock's most likely going to be gone after `mania and if rumors are to be believed Mark Henry is probably one foot out the door too.

TO me this wouldnt make sense at all!! Henry is already built as he can be and i hope he gets another run with the title! But to the topic i just dont see this happening. Especially if the Cena and Rock feud doesn't end at WM!! I have also heard reports that its going to be a best of three series but we will see.

There is no purpose to have Henry be used as cannon fodder to the rock to me that would just hurt henry more than help him Damn sure the rock wont lay down for henry i just dont see it happening. All that could happen is Henry tonight calls the rock a coward thats about as far as i think its going to go

I like the idea and creativity, but I don't see Rocky staying after the big WM paycheck. I could see him being on RAW the next night to finish the Cena feud, but MAYBE Henry comes out, and then gets another Rock Bottom. Thats all I can see happening :/ good ideas though!

You know theres actually a decent feud in there somewhere.

Well the attack first and then henry takes it a step further. Henry says that a long time ago they were in the nation of domination together where henry had to work under rocks shadow and while he propelled himself to fame the worlds strongest man was labelled a joke and it took him 15 years to make his own career and finally win the title. And that the old mark henry wouldnt care about what the rock did but the new mark henry the one no longer in the nation will not take this lying down.

It isnt going to happen but it could have been decent.

Doesn't Kane still need to get revenge on Mark Henry first???

I mean it would make sense to have Mark Henry be pissed off at the guy who rock bottmed him but we all know how WWE aren't such big fans of making sense. I don't think they'll let anything interfere with the Rock vs Cena rivalry.

You won't see anything involving these two. Something I am happy about. It would be pointless and forced. Mark Henry was there to get both superstars over. Even though we have seen Cena AA big dudes the announcers still go ape shit when he does it. Rocky came in and planted the rock bottom. End of story.

No match, no call-out, no feud. You guys are nuts if you think anything and I mean ANYTHING comes of this.

Sorry but don't see anything coming of this, it was nothing personal to Henry, it was simply to make another statement to Cena. Remember he did the same to Mick Foley a while back, the Rock has his sight set on Cena so there's no need or reason to start a feud with Henry.

Although Henry was a semi credible heavyweight champion I personally don't feel he has the star power to enter into a feud with the Rock.

Henry wont be feuding with Kane cause of Kane's heel run and Henry refusing to turn face. which leads me to the next point, yes he is mid card now, cause Vince doesnt like being told no and it would kill marks momentum to turn him soft and face, so they've turned mark into a jobber to punish him. a feud with rock would serve no purpose except to make the rock look strong and further push Henry down the line

Thanks for the great response on this subject :)

Seems like most people think that Mark Henry was just there to put The Rock over more going into WM.

My initial thoughts were not for Rock and Henry to have a full on fued ending at a PPV or anything, rather them just have a quick Match on Raw the week before the big showdown with Rock/Cena. From watching the Rock at Survivor Series it seemed to me he was electrifying as he used to be, but i did notice him sweating like crazy (This may of just been down to Adreniline or whatever). A Quick match with Henry on Raw could benefit The Rock somewhat as it could be a warm up type of thing for him, give a little in ring practice before he locks horns with Cena. I understand The Risk of Rock getting hurt but i think Henry with what 20 odd years experience would make sure Rock would be safe.

I like the creativity and I would like to see that but it would serve no point for Henry to feud with the Rock. To fight someone like the Rock would catapult your career but it seems that the powers at be have jumped off the Henry ship, are not trying to promote him, and has sent him to the depths of being a mid-carder.

The whole time during this match, I wanted The Rock to come out and hit a rock-bottom on Cena, helping Mark Henry get the win and screwing Cena, then maybe an old nation of domination fist salute between the two of them, just for old times sake lol. Doesn't hurt anybody. It acknowledges their history, builds more heat between Rock and Cena, and keeps Mark Henry looking strong and relevant. 3x win.

terrible idea...both are completely different wrestlers and the rock only rock bottomed henry to send a message to cena. there are way better ideas to roll around with than a rock-henry fued

Is mark henry even worthy to have a feud with the rock? Mark henry is an afterthought. You utilize rock by pairing him up with guys who can create dream match, money match given of his limited appearances and schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back