• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should KOTR be interpromotional?

I loved the KOTR because it was something that you couldn't take away from the winner. Booker T will always be the King of the Ring of 2006. Plus it's a way to give someone a push without actually giving him a push. Sort of like how Hacksaw won the first Royal Rumble. It was a great accolade but did'nt necessairly lead to anything more. I definitely would want to see a tournament style PPV. No other stipulations either. The winner wins the KOTR and that's it. The KOTR should have it's own value and not be a launching pad to move to the main event picture.

Hell yes i think that the King of The Ring should be interpromotional. It would give the WWE a good way of pushing newer superstars like C.M. Punk, Chris Masters, Nitro, Carlito and a bunch of others. Like the guy above me said its also something that can never be taken away and it usually gaurentees that you will be a major player in WWE and probably hold the Championship on numerous occacsions like bret Hart and HHH and Billy Gunn. Okay Scratch Billy Gunn but you get my point.

yep I belive it should be interpromotional as well. Give it some suspense. I really knew that Booker was going to win it at the last KOTR. Put guys like Punk, Dykstra, Carlito, Thorn, and MVP. and a couple of Vets in ... and Push one of the young guys

King of the Ring going Interpromotional would be very good but it should only happen if they made it a PPV, leave it as a Smackdown Only thing until it is put in place to replace ONS it would probably one way that they could regain PPV buyers, Cause having PPVs like Judgement Day sure ain't going to help WWE get more buys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back