• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should it be the Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship?

ChiefAlot

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok I saw Impact Wrestling tonite. And as I was watching I caught the Crimson, Angle Promo. During that Angle had the belt shining proudly. (As he should) But to me. Me. Since TNA switched to Impacting Wrestling. Will they change they belt, or should they change the belt?

p.s does changing the belt look deminsh the belt at all?

No.

Impact Wrestling is the name of the show. TNA just added the word "Wrestling" to allow channel hoppers and magazine/internet readers the chance to see that it's a wrestling show because "TNA Impact" doesn't really sound like anything.

I've had to say this a few times, makes me wonder if people actually read stuff online before commenting because even Jarrett himself said a week after the tv show's name change that the company was still called TNA.

Otherwise we might as well say that Alberto Del Rio is the Raw champion and Orton is the Smackdown champion. Or that Booker T was the last official Nitro champion.

If they did stupidly rename it the Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight title, does that mean it can't be defended on PPVs since they're not named "Impact Wrestling"?

No they shouldn't change the belt. Double J said in an interview that the company is still TNA. It would be like renaming the World Heavyweight Championship, to the Smackdown Championship. It's unnecessary.

And yes changing the belt for the third time in one year would probably diminish the belts value. Then again the one week reigns aren't helping it either. For the record I think the belt is pretty damn ugly. I loved the belt that EY is running around with. They should have kept that one.

*EDIT* We must have wrote this at the same time. This was pretty much the same thing the guy above me wrote. Great minds think alike I guess.

no no no the title should NOT be replaced with a new title called the "Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship" the show is called impact wrestling the company is still TNA they renamed it Impact Wrestling so its not refered to as tits n ass plus now when flipping through the channels you know its a wrestling program..plus it was also to mock wwe in a way i belive

OK quick question since the Company is still TNA what was the reasoning behind changing the web URL from tnawrestling.com to impactwrestling.com?

World Heavyweight Championship my arse. In tna, it's just a prop worn by overrated wrestlers. It can't be associated with the word "World" when you defend it in front of 500 people in the impact zone.

OK quick question since the Company is still TNA what was the reasoning behind changing the web URL from tnawrestling.com to impactwrestling.com?

Good question. TNA handled the name change thing at best bizarrely and at worst stupidly. I remember Hogan saying the entire company was now Impact Wrestling, whereas Jarrett says the company is still TNA. But then you have them changing the URL to impactwrestling.com (which handles all PPV information as well as the show), and you have absolutely no mention to TNA on Impact broadcasts outside of the title's name and PPV graphics. Your comparisons to it being like WWE calling Del Rio the "Raw Champion" is somewhat invalid, since they at least recognize that Raw is a brand of WWE, a greater entity. TNA/Impact doesn't seem sure WHAT'S going on with their branding.

Also yeah let's not change it again, it's not the best design ever but it's better than the Jeff Hardy belt which looked like a somehow more feminine Diva's championship, and that design only lasted about 2 months anyway.

TNA is the company.
Impact Wrestling is the brand.

Until the day comes where there is more than 1 if ever, it should remain TNA champion.

The company is still called tna so the belt should still be the same.The belt represents the company not just the show so to answer your question No in any matter.

it's still TNA, it's not just Impact, Impact Wrestling is the name of the show. they dont call TNA PPVs Impact Bound for Glory or Impact No Surrender. ADD to that, the TNA title has already changed looks 3 times. one title is now Eric Young's (and isnt recoginized as an active title), the other one was Hardy's Immortal title and now they have the current TNA Heavyweight title and while some may not like it's look, i actually do like it.

As has been noted, the company is still TNA just the show's name has changed. It's like when Monday Night Raw changed to Raw and the War Zone which was collectively known as Raw is War. The name Raw was still in the title it's just changed with the times. The same is true of Impact Wrestling...the word "Impact" is still in like when it was TNA Impact!, but the name changes as needed.

As for changing the title, they just changed the look of it not long ago after they got rid of that hideous design that Jeff Hardy used at the beginning of the Immortal storyline. I see no need to change for the title to change in the foreseeable future, it has a good look now and looks like a legit world title.

The company is still technically TNA. Only the show is called Impact Wrestling. They just made that new belt design and then changed the show name. The title is most likely gonna stick with the TNA letters for a while. No real issue.

This company should man up and adopt the Impact Wrestling name fully. This fed doesn't advance, doesn't grow because they always do things half-ass. Oh the titles and PPV are named TNA but the show is Impact Wrestling and everytime wrestlers talk about this company on tv it's always "Impact Wrestling" never "TNA". They don't even mention the titles as being TNA titles but World titles and TV titles, etc....It's time to cut those three letters for good.

No as the company is still TNA and only the show is called Impact Wrestling. Also the belt has had 3 designs in less than 12 months, I don't think it looks too nice but I still think there should not be another title design in the near future, it just makes the title look bad in my opinion.

The company is officially still called Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. If they had undergone the entire process for a formal name change to call themselves Impact Wrestling, then the belt would need to be renamed. Their entire set of belts would see a name change:

Impact Wrestling Championship
Impact Wrestling Television Championship
Impact Wrestling Tag Team Championship
Impact Wrestling Knockouts Championship
Impact Wrestling Knockouts Tag Team Championship
Impact Wrestling X Division Championship

None of those names exist as far as belts go. They all still have the TNA name due to that still being the official name of the company when all is said and done. The show is called Impact Wrestling, but until they go through the entire formal process for a company name change, the belts will likely continue to be have TNA in their name rather than Impact or Impact Wrestling. As for changing the belt looks, that can diminish them but only if they make them look stupid like Hardy's Immortal belt. Usually updates to a belt's appearance is beneficial to it and its prestige in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back