• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I buy a 360 or a PS3?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
I'm not much of a gamer, so I've yet to buy a PS3 or a 360 (ever.)
If I ever get bored or feel like playing a game, I do have a WII but Black Ops is the only game I play on it.

Anyway, I feel like buying a 360 or PS3 for the hell of it. There are a few games I've seen that look impressive and the Kinect especially looks like it has potential. It seems like it ain't great now(from what I've heard, I've yet to try it), but I'd like to see how the games are in 2-3 years.

So I'm wondering which is a better system with the better games?
I would probably buy a game like Left 4 Dead 3 or the next UFC game. There a few sequel type games I would probably be interested in getting, without knowing anything about them (Most people would probably pre-order the next COD game w/o knowing anything about it.)

Also that DC Universe game looks kind of cool. I'm interested in those Massive online player games like that.

So I'm kind of torn on which console I should buy. I already have a blue ray player, but I kind of want a PS3 since the only real games I ever really got caught up in were for the Playstation/2 (Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and a little of X, fuck X-2 :banghead:)

Though the Final Fantasy series hasn't interested me in a long time.

Anyway, I'm really looking for which console has more potential. I had been planning on getting the next big console (Xbox 3, PS4) figuring it's been 5-6 years since we've had one but I haven't heard anything about that so I guess I'll get one of the older ones for now.

So which is better?

If you are looking for to continue playing your Playstation 1 and 2 games, go with the
ps3. Also it has all the Final Fantasy games you like, God Of War franchise, you can go on the internet on the ps3, and also has the blue-ray which is a plus. However, if you are planning to play online the ps3 is not the way to go. The ps3 has terrible lag and you lose connection alot. With the xbox 360, I never lose connection when playing online. I don't have the connect but I do have the xbox with the wifi. You can get netflex on both consules as well as link them with facebook and twitter. The newer xbox's comes with a new movie. Mine came with toy story 3. Also the new wifi xbox comes with a month free of xbox live gold. After that you have to buy it. The ps3 live is free but like I said has terrible lag.

I don't have either but in my experience with the PS2, there was a lot of games exclusive to that console that made it worth having that instead of the competition. Super-thrust Mozzarella made a thread in the GSD saying he's on to his fourth X box 360, the PS3 seems to have a better shelf life. I think combining these two reasons would be enough for me myself to go Sony.

I don't know if he is buying his used or what. I bought my first one in 06 and it still works. I just thought it would be time to upgrade to the wifi.

They are both good, I have them both, as well as the Wii... Overall though, I would say to get the PS3...

Both are a good buy, but the PS3 plays Bule Rays and the online access is much easier. I even have a my 360 modded to where I can play burned games and what not, yet, still choose the PS3.

If you are looking for to continue playing your Playstation 1 and 2 games, go with the
ps3.

Sadly, they no longer do that. You'll find if you purchase the slim version PS3s (I'm not sure if they sell the other kind, you may be able to find one on ebay though) that it doesn't support Ps1 or 2 games.

I was fairly pissed off whenever I wanted to replay some games from my childhood. I can't play it on my old ps2..it's too blury on my TV.

My PS3 plays PS2 games... I have about 75 PS2 games... So, it's good for my son...

I am in the process of creating a Miz World Order Storyline... On SVR 2011. It's coming along good... If anyone wants me to add them on the Playstation Network, send me your s/n...

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but Online PLay is free on the PS3 and it plays blu rays. The 360 online isn't free and doesn't play blu rays

Bill lesnar thinks you should buy Ps3. Bill lesnar would like to play you at svr2011 or anything else. Nerds play 360

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back