• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should HHH win The WWE title / Do you Even Want him to?

Should Triple H win the WWE Title?

• Yes, and have a long title reign

• yes, but only for a short title reign

• NO!

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Triple h is one of the greats their is no doubt about it, should he win the title? No.simply because he has no reason to, I mean bryan has being held back on numerous occasions so what better way to repay him by having him win on the grandest stage of all.

if triple h were to win the title, a short run would probably be best possibly until extreme rules were bryan is vitorious.

For the simple fact that Triple H not only going over Bryan but going onto win the title would send so many fan boys over the edge makes it happening all worth it. Web Sites would crash, key boards will be broken and maybe one waco fan boy will committee suicide.

I'd love to see Triple H set up an attack on himself during their match allowing him to win by DQ. Then as the crowd is freaking out have Hogan right the wrong and add Bryan.

HHH as champ again would truly rile up the audience...at some point you have to give the fans what they want to see. Steve Austin was a clear rulebreaking bad guy but he connected with fans so much he couldn't get booed. Eventually WWE had to book him as a Face, having him fight almost exclusively fully over bad guys and occasionally help out over matched fan faves.

Likewise when WWE thought they had the brilliant idea of turning Austin heel and allligning him with Mr McMahon fans revolted, they simply didn't like it, WWE tried for months to make it work and it never clicked with the audience. Suddenly one night on TV on RAW the real Austin was back, beating up McMahon & Kurt Angle and drinking beer with Ric Flair.

WWE should also take note of what can happen in an arena when you force something completely unwanted down the fans throat....the poorly executed Double Turn in 1999 that turned Hulk Hogan Face and Flair heel was so poorly conceived (WCW had spent months building Hogan's return, re forming the NWO as Super Heels, and basically stealing the World Title) and Flair as his arch nemesis Face battling the injustice of the NWO/Eric Bischoff. No one wanted to see them switch and the crowd in Louisville (a major WCW stronghold city since the days of Crockett Promotions) was basically stone silent the entire match, only popping for the ending (when they cheered Flair for cheating to beat Hogan and capture the title). If WWE puts HHH in the Main Event they had better be VERY CAREFUL how they orchestrate that match (and any possible Bryan interference during it) or you could have another stone silent crowd killer moment live on the PPV.

Now I can see a scenario where HHH cheats to win, and he and Orton basically double team Batista the entire match, only to have Bryan come down and interfere for Batista helping him win, then on RAW have HHH & The Authority finally end things once and for all with Orton as Batista joins them, setting up Bryan & Orton vs HHH/Batista with Bryan chasing Batista till SummerSlam. Fact is at some point you either have to give this guy a title win or simply move him out of the main event picture and let someone else in, he cant perpetually chase the dream forever and never get it and think fans will continue to watch.

I don't think that Triple H should win the title, because WWE needs that big "YES!" ending, but damn it, I would mark out so freaking hard if Triple H won the title. It would be insane and bring him nuclear heat. It could pay off in the long run. If Bryan wins it at WM30, what is there for him to do next? It's kind of like the finish to that story. If he continues feuding with Orton and Batista, it would get bland. I guess he could go with Cena, but I don't see that happening after the Wyatt feud. If Triple H wins, fans will go nuts and be even more behind Bryan. Then they can close the story at Summerslam making it a full year since Bryan first got screwed by Triple H. Maybe even have Vince as ref to give the possibility of another screw job.

No, I don't think he should. It would hurt the quality of the pay per view. The perfect moment would to have HHH win the titles would have been at TLC last year. Just to show creative gave up on Orton as champion, due to lackluster ratings and crowd response to him.

That could have made the Rumble a bigger deal with Punk, Bryan and members of the WWE wanting to get their hands on HHH after months of being tormented by him and The Shield.

Their best bet is to give Bryan a chance like they did Benoit at WM XX, if he fails it's on Bryan.

I still think they will find a way for Bryan to get his moment, but put the title on Batista.

I really think Batista is still slated to win the title at 'Mania. Bryan will beat Triple H earlier in the night, maybe even make him tap out, which would put him over huge, and the crowd would go nuts. Then in the main event, Bryan looks to have it won, but something will happen and Batista will end up with the title.

They can still do a post-match spot where Bryan takes out Batista, setting up the first feud after 'Mania and continuing Bryan's chase. I think this puts Bryan over enough at 'Mania, gives a partial pay off and keeps huge heat on Batista. I wouldn't drag it out much longer than that though... Bryan should win the title at Extreme Rules or Payback.

Note... This isn't what I want to happen. I'd like to see Bryan win the championship at WM, and he may. But this is a likely scenario I can see WWE going through with.

My answer is no, but not a vehement "no". More like "no, not right now". I'm not against Trips being World Heavyweight Champion again unlike how some might be, this is just simply not the time for it. They need to capitalize on Bryan's popularity and have him win at Wrestlemania 30. The chances for such a big moment might not come again for a VERY long time and the federation will make a huge mistake if they put the belt on Trips instead of Bryan at Wrestlemania this year. Later on though? Sure, why not. Several months down the line after Bryan has had the longer reign he deserves.

My answer is no, but not a vehement "no". More like "no, not right now". I'm not against Trips being World Heavyweight Champion again unlike how some might be, this is just simply not the time for it. They need to capitalize on Bryan's popularity and have him win at Wrestlemania 30. The chances for such a big moment might not come again for a VERY long time and the federation will make a huge mistake if they put the belt on Trips instead of Bryan at Wrestlemania this year. Later on though? Sure, why not. Several months down the line after Bryan has had the longer reign he deserves.

I totally agree with Dagger Dias on this point. I wouldn't be against The Game getting another title run, in fact I would like to see it, as I am a huge fan of Triple H and would really enjoy seeing him as Champion again. I think he deserves it.

However, WM30 is not the time for this to happen. Everyone wants to see Daniel Bryan finally get the WWE Title, it has the potential for a very special moment, the kind that doesnt come around very often. 75,000 people doing the "YES!" chant is the kind of thing that WWE will use as video packages for a long time to come and it would be a stupid decision not to capitalise on Bryan's popularity.

HHH winning the title a few months down the line would be cool with me though. He's still that damn good.

I totally agree with Dagger Dias on this point. I wouldn't be against The Game getting another title run, in fact I would like to see it, as I am a huge fan of Triple H and would really enjoy seeing him as Champion again. I think he deserves it.

However, WM30 is not the time for this to happen. Everyone wants to see Daniel Bryan finally get the WWE Title, it has the potential for a very special moment, the kind that doesnt come around very often. 75,000 people doing the "YES!" chant is the kind of thing that WWE will use as video packages for a long time to come and it would be a stupid decision not to capitalise on Bryan's popularity.

HHH winning the title a few months down the line would be cool with me though. He's still that damn good.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to pull the plug on Bryan's run if it doesn't give them the success they want and have HHH win the title off him, leading to a money fight main event at Summerslam with him and Batista

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to pull the plug on Bryan's run if it doesn't give them the success they want and have HHH win the title off him, leading to a money fight main event at Summerslam with him and Batista

I dunno, granted lots of stuff can change by Summerslam but I don't see HHH having the title outside of the DB storyline. Like if someone takes the title from DB and moving on to new people I don't see it being HHH, I assuming that they would rather keep HHH backstage and build stories around someone on the main roster holding the title instead of HHH moving on to new challengers after DB.

Triple H and Daniel Bryan could fight to a draw or a no contest. Both then progress into the Main Event making it a Fatal Four Way.

Orton (c) vs Batista vs Bryan vs Triple H

Great story telling and that to me is a worthy Wrestlemania Main Event.

To make things come full circle, and for Daniel Bryan to really get some revenge, I wouldn't mind seeing Triple H walk out of Wrestlemania as the champion, then continue his feud with Daniel Bryan and eventually Bryan beats him for the belt at SummerSlam. I think DB winning the belt from Triple H would "mean more" than winning it from Orton. Another good thing about Triple H potentially having the belt would be he could make it ONE belt, instead of two. Why has Orton been carrying around both belts anyway?

I think it's the WWE's second best option, but it is a distant, distant second. Orton needs to be doing anything but what he's doing currently, and Batista is equally uninteresting as he lacks the foil he had in Cena when he was playing this character previously. Triple H winning the title would, oddly enough, be something different and exciting in the current WWE landscape. Clearly he has no need of the title and couldn't actually sustain being champion for more than a single PPV cycle, but it would be something interesting. Put up against Daniel Bryan, however, AKA the hottest wrestler on the planet right now, HHH pales in comparison as a championship option. There's just no reason not to give the title to Bryan - I can't imagine anything less than 90% of WWE fans at this point are desperate for him to win the title. Any other outcome would be horrendous next to it, but frankly, HHH winning would be the least horrendous of those possible.

DB will get pinned by Bootista is a lock IMO, Raw the following night is the second biggest night of year past few years, this is where DB should win.

But i think be kinda awesome for HHH win both matches at Mania then following night at Raw Vince comes back very angry with HHH for "hijacking" the match, Vince then reveals hes a supporter of Yes movement ! Giving DB another match with Randy & Boo on Raw

No. Triple H has no business being the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. How often does he wrestle? Very sporadically. He's juggling a top position in the company and not as a wrestler. And quite truthfully, he's fine doing that and doesn't need the title since that enhances nothing. That's for all the guys actively competing right now. The only thing that it would accomplish as part of the on-going storyline is once again prevent Daniel Bryan from becoming Champion, but if that happens, I think DB's momentum will take a big blow since WrestleMania is the most reasonable stage to triumph. If Triple H won the title, it would just mean that DB would have to beat Randy Orton, Batista and then Triple H and I don't think people will have that kind of patience to digest this prolonging "escapade." Well, I know I won't.

I agree, HHH has done everything there is to do in the Business, except beat Ric Flair's 16 title runs, but I believe John Cena has that pretty well covered, he's up to 14 as it is, my point is that HHH does not need the title, he doesn't need to fight Daniel Bryan either to be honest, it's just to further the feud.

DB will get pinned by Bootista is a lock IMO, Raw the following night is the second biggest night of year past few years, this is where DB should win.

But i think be kinda awesome for HHH win both matches at Mania then following night at Raw Vince comes back very angry with HHH for "hijacking" the match, Vince then reveals hes a supporter of Yes movement ! Giving DB another match with Randy & Boo on Raw

I like this idea a lot... putting Vince in DB's corner would be a really cool twist in my opinion! I think it would be hilarious if Vince got pissed at HHH for "hijacking" the match, as the poster above states!

I think he should win the belt one last time just not at WrestleMania maybe at Night Of Champions and he should drop it to someone else.But just not at Wrestlemania

Well, if HHH changed the rules last monday, he can do it at WM.Let's say he loses to Bryan but decides to put himself in the match in a last effort to stop DB from winning the title making it a 4 way.That'll be cool.
After all the reaction when HHH teased his involvement in the title match was very positive from the crowd.

While the teenager in me wants to relive 1999/2000 and have Triple H on top with the belt, I now just don't see what good can come from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back