Should Fans Boycott TNA iMPACT!?

Midnite Express 2009

Getting Noticed By Management
With the NFL draft coming up and NFLPA members telling the draft picks they should boycott the draft, I began wondering if fans should do the same tonight when TNA Impact goes on air. With what can only be labeled as a "criminal act" in the robbery of fan's hard earned money for those who paid to see Victory Road both live in the arena and via Pay Per View, I am wondering if the fans should show and voice their disappointment with a company that keeps heading more south than LeBron James taking his "talents to South Beach", by simply blacking out tonight's edition of Impact regardless of what happens?

It's obvious that the higher ups in TNA could care less about the fans, even if this assumption is slightly true, given the fact that they allowed an obviously impaired Jeff Hardy to continue to main event last Sunday despite risking both his safety but the safety of others. It's also obvious to some degree that TNA doesn't too much care about where its product is going moving forward, if they allow Hardy to still be on the roster post that debacle last Sunday. The fans have a voice, and they can choose to either call their cable companies demanding cash back, post threads online where everyone airs out how they feel OR they can simply NOT tune into Impact tonight and let TNA management watch as their ratings take a severe nosedive.

I'm not demanding that fans do this, I am simply asking WILL YOU? Will YOU show TNA that either they turn this ship around ASAP or YOU will continue to NOT watch TNA for weeks upon weeks at a time? Will TNA FINALLY get the message that it's about the FANS and what the FANS want when they see said fans are no longer watching their program? Since TNA cares more about ratings (and I have to wonder if even THAT'S true) then will they care when they see those ratings slip on by the wayside? Will you boycott this week's edition of Impact? Something has to happen and maybe my suggestion will set the ball in motion. I know I'm sitting this one out, what about you?

Sadly, even though I think this is a fantastic idea, it's highly unlikely to have much of an impact. Now if a few hundred thousand were to change the channel, that would bring the ratings down those two points to send Dixie into full-blown panic mode.

With that being said, I totally agree with the points you've made and I've already made arrangements to be doing something else Thursday nights when Impact is on. Will my tuning out make the management suddenly give a damn? Highly doubtful. But I know it'll make me feel that much better (and having read the taping results, I can sleep easier knowing I didn't miss anything of any significant importance)

Exactly! I'm sure a few hundred people won't make a dent, but if over time, those few hundreds turn into a few thousand, then certainly there's room for debate on whether or not TNA will get their acts together. I don't wanna see TNA go out of business. I know what it was like for WWE to be the only game in town and for the most part, it sucked, big time. TNA SHOULD wanna do better but for some unknown reason, they are content with staying behind the eight ball. It's unfair to the performers that management handcuffs them every time they get traction and its extremely unfair to fans who keep giving a damn & giving them the benefit of the doubt everytime they screw up. So no, I won't be watching Impact tonight, I didn't even check the taping results. For all I know, Jim Ross could come out with Steve Austin & give a Stunner to everyone including Dixie (which would be great!) and I'd still not watch. They've turned me off THAT much. Hope more people join in on my revolution of TNA Impact. Something has to be done!

With the NFL draft coming up and NFLPA members telling the draft picks they should boycott the draft, I began wondering if fans should do the same tonight when TNA Impact goes on air. With what can only be labeled as a "criminal act" in the robbery of fan's hard earned money for those who paid to see Victory Road both live in the arena and via Pay Per View, I am wondering if the fans should show and voice their disappointment with a company that keeps heading more south than LeBron James taking his "talents to South Beach", by simply blacking out tonight's edition of Impact regardless of what happens?

It's obvious that the higher ups in TNA could care less about the fans, even if this assumption is slightly true, given the fact that they allowed an obviously impaired Jeff Hardy to continue to main event last Sunday despite risking both his safety but the safety of others. It's also obvious to some degree that TNA doesn't too much care about where its product is going moving forward, if they allow Hardy to still be on the roster post that debacle last Sunday. The fans have a voice, and they can choose to either call their cable companies demanding cash back, post threads online where everyone airs out how they feel OR they can simply NOT tune into Impact tonight and let TNA management watch as their ratings take a severe nosedive.

I'm not demanding that fans do this, I am simply asking WILL YOU? Will YOU show TNA that either they turn this ship around ASAP or YOU will continue to NOT watch TNA for weeks upon weeks at a time? Will TNA FINALLY get the message that it's about the FANS and what the FANS want when they see said fans are no longer watching their program? Since TNA cares more about ratings (and I have to wonder if even THAT'S true) then will they care when they see those ratings slip on by the wayside? Will you boycott this week's edition of Impact? Something has to happen and maybe my suggestion will set the ball in motion. I know I'm sitting this one out, what about you?

I get your points, but it wouldn't be fair to the wrestlers other than Jeff Hardy in TNA. If all of their wrestlers would act the same way that Jeff acted sure boycott Impact, but from what i think i know they act in a professional manner. Anyways people will do what they want to do, so if they boycott this Impact so be it but how many are you willing to bet are going to do it? The thing is, its that those who might boycott Impact this week maybe are people that watch WWE and TNA without bias. For people like myself that want wrestling on TV but are not going to watch WWE even if was the only show tonight, they are more likely to watch Impact this week. Anyways do what you want to do, but i think you should only boycott segments/matches that involve Jeff Hardy.

they will be in my city next month and im actually going to skip a wrestling event...

i think thats the only way to send a message to management but sadly it affects the massive pool of talent they have also. things need to change there. ive always supported them, used to buy the weeklies...but not since august. :(

Personally, I'm going to tune in just to see if Dixie struts her sexy little ass down to the ring and gives the audience a formal apology for that travesty of a PPV.

If that doesn't happen, then I am pretty much done with TNA. I don't really think of it as a boycott, at least not in any organized sense, just me not wanting to support a company that lacked the ability to save a PPV. The fans deserve better, the talent deserves better, and the industry itself deserves better.

I'm predicting a spike in the ratings this week as people want to see the fallout from the debacle. But if TNA doesn't deliver off of that, my guess is the ratings are going to continuously slip. I would think that anyone that paid good money for that shitfest of a PPV is having some serious doubts about the professionalism of TNA.

I'm probably in the minority here, but personally, I'm seeing this incident almost as a train wreck. You don't wanna look but you almost have to out of sheer curiosity. I am actually excited to watch tonight just to see what happens. If they don't at least TRY to play off of this a little bit, I'll be disappointed.

To me, the Hardy debacle actually provides me with more of a reason to watch. The compelling storylines, great matches and constant pushing of younger talent certainly doesn't do it... sarcasm folks, sarcasm.

And ratings are going to be down no mater what - the NCAA tournament is on four separate channels here in the states.

I don't think you need to boycott Impact.

TNA have tried to rectify the situation by giving the PPV customers the opportunity to watch previous TNA stuff online for 6 months, which more than covers the price of the PPV. So, I think its ok to keep watching the show.

Hopefully, with Hardy not being there, TNA will formally apogise for the fuck up, and then put extra effort in to try and appease the fanbase, who will still be pissed off. This could be the kick in the balls they need to improve the product and give the paying customers what they want.

Boycott? No...Im just kinda mad that they didnt release him, since that probably means he'll be back eventually(it sure as hell better not be at Lockdown). What pisses me off more is that theres been way too many screwy finishes.

I'll be honest I AM boycotting TNA in general, not just iMPACT.

If they proved one thing to me on Sunday is that nothing will ever change or get better in TNA, its obvious their solution to every problem is to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away.

I understand they gave away 6 free months of TNAonDemand but its irrelevent to me because they haven't really solved or rectified the situation in any way. Its like if a parent gets mad and hits his kid and instead of apologizing and rectifying the situation he just buys his kid a new bike, the bike is nice but the issue was never solved, he just bought the bike in hopes the kid would forget about it. That's exactly what TNA did, in essence they tried to make a smoke screen so the fans would forget about it.

Since they can't handle business in TNA I can't watch it anymore, the talent is awesome but the programming is so bad it completely nullifies the talent. None of TNA's homegrown talent will ever become big stars unless they leave the company and that includes AJ.

Until TNA can start handling their issues like a business SHOULD and start making me think they actually care about the product they put out and their talent I can't watch it anymore. I have been harsh on TNA for a few years now but I could at least give them a chance until I saw what I saw on Sunday, after that and the way they have handled it I can't watch it anymore, it will never get better and if it doesn't get better TNA will go under I guarantee it.

TNA's fan base amounts to nothing. They DO NOT make money like Jeff Jarrett says. TNA is nothing more than a playground for the same old cronies only instead of playing with Ted Turner's money they now play with Dixie Carter's. Dixie is turning into a bigger bimbo than Sarah Palin; I'm expecting her to get booed next time she's on TV. The sad part is i still tune-in just to see how much of a train-wreck it is.

Considering Bones is on at the same time, as I never miss it, I won't be watching TNA at anytime for a while.

Now when the season of Bones is over I may consider watching TNA again if they made a major overhaul and get rid of the people that killing the product (Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, and Jeff Hardy).

I don't think you need to boycott Impact.

TNA have tried to rectify the situation by giving the PPV customers the opportunity to watch previous TNA stuff online for 6 months, which more than covers the price of the PPV. So, I think its ok to keep watching the show.

Hopefully, with Hardy not being there, TNA will formally apogise for the fuck up, and then put extra effort in to try and appease the fanbase, who will still be pissed off. This could be the kick in the balls they need to improve the product and give the paying customers what they want.

I agree 100% I think TNA has reached a critical point, they are in a crisis and two things can happen. Either they drown in their own stupidity or they finally wake up and start giving their lockerroom (TNA originals, not old & wasted wwe talent) their chance to be the superstars that could make TNA succeed.

Personally, I'm going to tune in just to see if Dixie struts her sexy little ass down to the ring and gives the audience a formal apology.

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever seen the correlation or not, but Dixie is aping Miss Elizabeth. Watch her looks of frustration and the way she tries to look dainty and helpless when she is confronted in a situation. She has copied Miss Elizabeth, right down to the way she lets her little lips pout, and she looks down at the floor in exasperation. She's just as phoney as Hulk Hogan.

Don't want to say anything because i'm not allowed to in the forums, but guys if i was you i wouldn't boycott Impact so soon. But hey its a free country do what you want.

Considering Bones is on at the same time, as I never miss it, I won't be watching TNA at anytime for a while.

Now when the season of Bones is over I may consider watching TNA again if they made a major overhaul and get rid of the people that killing the product (Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, and Jeff Hardy).

Bones is also the reason why I no longer watch Impact. It is an awesome show. I also watch the Thursday night sitcoms on NBC. For those reasons I have completely removed TNA from my DVR schedule.

A boycott of Impact would be a solid idea if you could a very, very significant amount of people to not watch the program.

But a part of believes that something a little wilder, like the wrestlers themselves boycotting TNA, would do some justice. I've been reading some things, and I don't know how true they are, but it seems like TNA talent is treated wrong left and right.

Since the talent won't do that, however, because they do have to make a living (hint: as difficult as they may be for certain talent), I do think that a boycott from the fans could possibly help the talent if we make a few things clear:

1) We will not accept crap like the Victory Road main event.
2) We will not accept the mistreatment of the passionate TNA talent that we enjoy watching.

Of course, I think that in order to get that second point across, someone would have to expose TNA to the fans, and show them that they aren't the "family friendly" company that they claim to be.

Simply because of what I read about how the TNA talent is treated, I think it would be a great idea for the fans not only to boycott about the main event, but to boycott in an attempt to get the talent better working conditions.

If you don’t enjoy the product, then yes, I would strongly recommend you stop watching it. However if you enjoy TNA, then there really is no reason to not watch it. I enjoy watching TNA so I’ll watch iMPACT! this week. The day I stop being entertained by TNA, I’ll stop watching wrestling. It’s common sense really. If you don’t enjoy a TV program, you don’t watch it. If you do enjoy a show, you watch it every week.

A boycott of Impact would be a solid idea if you could a very, very significant amount of people to not watch the program.

But a part of believes that something a little wilder, like the wrestlers themselves boycotting TNA, would do some justice. I've been reading some things, and I don't know how true they are, but it seems like TNA talent is treated wrong left and right.

That is exactly what I was thinking would need to happen to get Dixie to open her eyes, for the talent to not show up. If the talent pulled a blue flue to show how displeased they are with the direction the company is going in, that might get her thinking and then make some of the necessary changes that need to be made. First and foremost FIRE VINCE RUSSO.

Jeff Hardy came out blazed for a match at a PPV.

Jeff Hardy got squashed and screwed at the same time. This was done to humiliate him as well as TNA trying to do a quick fix for a nightmare situation.

TNA has offered a 6 month free pass to their OnDemand service for those who paid for the PPV. This was TNA's form of apology.

Jeff Hardy should give a public apology for HIS actions. TNA has done the right thing by offering something to paying fans, they should not apologise on Impact.

Why should we boycott TNA because one man screwed up? Yes it was a mess but I think TNA handled it as best they could. (In my opinion there is no way the hierarchy in TNA knew Hardy was high or he would not have made it to the ring. Don't believe Madden's rants)

I fully expect Hardy to get a verbal battering from Immortal to somehow explain his absence, I think if they do not hold back this could really be interesting TV while also allowing them to get a new more dominent leader for Immortal.

A boycott is going over the top for something that only 7,000 - 12,000 people paid for.

There have been many shit TNA and WWE PPV in the last few years that I would want a refund or an apology for, but that has never happened. That's why I download the shows the following mornings.

I will continue to watch TNA, in fact less Hardy will probably make it more interesting as this gives Anderson a legitimate chance of getting his title back.

I'm not so much boycotting it as I am done with it.

I've watched TNA since 2002 and I've stuck through some crap.... this is the worst they've ever been (including The Flying Elvises) I just can't do it anymore.

Maybe I'll give it another shot when Hogshoff decide to leave.

Cheddarboy is spot on with everything he's said. Especially this line:

There have been many shit TNA and WWE PPV in the last few years that I would want a refund or an apology for, but that has never happened.

The PPV in general wasn't that bad either. It just had a quick main event. How many people can actually say that after buying a PPV, they've sat there and thought 'yea that was definately worth the money'? I know I was pissed with the only PPV I ever bought.

TNA didn't actually have to do anything regarding this, people who don't read the dirt sheets would've just thought that Hardy got squashed by Sting. That was my initial reaction. But then I think you have to been in 'naive mode' when watching wrestling. It's just not as enjoyable if you analyse every aspect and believe everything needs to be explained.

Guys i've seen the spoilers today and it was the spoilers for today and the week after today and they were awful! Thats all im going to say TNA has gone down hill! If you wasnt the info about the spoilers be a member of this site http://www.tupwrestlingforum.com/forums.html Don't watch impact!

If that link is a report of the iMPACT! tapings, you do realise that it will be just one guys take on whatever's happened on iMPACT!? You should never judge a show by the spoilers. I used to read them and it always made the show seen pretty crap, but when I watched the show I enjoyed it. IMO you also enjoy wrestling a lot more if you don't know what's going to happen, hence the reason I don't read spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back