• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Dagger Dias Be Made New Admin?

Dagger Dias 4 Admin?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a mod and I still don't know this - are admins paid?

If he wants it and has the time, wjy not Dagger? Sure, he could be a giant tool back when, but was he really that bad? Nah. He seems dedicated. If he wants it, fuck it.

We also get a bonus per page view/post, which is why the KB Answers Wrestling Questions thread is my retirement plan.

WZCW guys, please don't derail this very important thread with talk about the e-fed, we need everyone focused on whether or not Dagger should replace Slyfox as admin.

I say no to Dagger, because I should be admin. Just so I can change everybody's name to something gloriously stupid.

Paid in heartache and disrespect!! :p

Nah, we don't get paid much. After 8+ years here, I was only pulling in about $26,000 after taxes.

If you're joking, you're not leaving enough room to interpret it as a joke. When I finish grad school, I want to be a part time adjunct professor, and that would probably pay less than 26k. I hate all of you, true or not.

If being completely serious, I reckon he would do a great job. The dude adds discussion to almost every thread which keeps the site somewhat active. He constantly gets slandered and yet just ignores it. Some people may have gotten under his skin but those are the same people that get under yours. I’ve never seen him abuse his power nor have I seen any examples of when he has. He may have some different opinions but that shouldn’t take away from what I see him do anyways, which is put in work (as much work as 100 user wrestling forum is needed). I’ve only got good things to say about him and I reckon he (among the other nominees) deserves it if he would like to do it.
Anybody can drive discussion. But does he have experience running a website? Nope. You're missing the point of what the job entails.

Passion and discussion isn't gonna fix the broken avatars.

So if Dagger doesn't do a good enough job if he becomes an admin can he go back to being just a regular mod?

Anybody can drive discussion. But does he have experience running a website? Nope. You're missing the point of what the job entails.

Passion and discussion isn't gonna fix the broken avatars.

How would he ever the experience if he is never given the chance? Plus it’s not like he is running reddit or some site that has 40 billion active users so I’m sure it’s not going to be that hard to pick up.

The reason why I included passion and discussion is because it’s a good look if your admin is apart of it. Okay maybe not to everyone but to me I think it looks good. The dude who helps run the site also adds most to the site from both keeping the site up and adding good discussion.

Have I ever maintained a website before? No, the closest I got was making a website in year 9 so I don’t know 100% how hard it is but I’m sure Dagger, who I see as an intelligent dude, can learn how to fix problems while also adding more than 99% of people.

How would he ever the experience if he is never given the chance? Plus it’s not like he is running reddit or some site that has 40 billion active users so I’m sure it’s not going to be that hard to pick up.

Do you normally send your plumber to fix your car? There's still computer programming going on, regardless of how many users are online.

The reason why I included passion and discussion is because it’s a good look if your admin is apart of it. Okay maybe not to everyone but to me I think it looks good. The dude who helps run the site also adds most to the site from both keeping the site up and adding good discussion.

OK. How does that warrant a promotion to a position where you work the tech? Kinda makes him being an admin a total vanity spot, no?

Have I ever maintained a website before? No, the closest I got was making a website in year 9 so I don’t know 100% how hard it is but I’m sure Dagger, who I see as an intelligent dude, can learn how to fix problems while also adding more than 99% of people.
You don't know what it entails but you still want to recommend someone with no real qualification for the spot. I'm sure learning C++ is a cakewalk.

Do you normally send your plumber to fix your car? There's still computer programming going on, regardless of how many users are online.

I look at it more as would you get your labourer to lay your bricks? Probably not but could he never be able to do it?! Nah, he’d pick it up quite easy for someone who is in that field.

OK. How does that warrant a promotion to a position where you work the tech? Kinda makes him being an admin a total vanity spot, no?

I never said it did warrant a promotion. I just said I like it if the top dog gets involved. I don’t want the person who makes Samsung phones using iPhones.

You don't know what it entails but you still want to recommend someone with no real qualification for the spot. I'm sure learning C++ is a cakewalk.

I never recommended anyone, okay well in a way but I didn’t create the Dagger Dias option. Do I think Dagger would make a good admin? Of course. Do I think he’s the best for the job? How the fuck would I know? Can he do it though, yes.

I’m assuming you’re going on like this because you’d be much better for the job with much more experience, well good on you brother and if someone created a “Should Killjoy be made new admin” then you’d get my tick of approval too but right now I just can’t accept Dias as such an imbecile that he couldn’t learn how to admin and be a good one.

Who's calling him an ''imbecil''? Or do you want him to go through a full course of computer programming when you say ''he can learn''?

Who's calling him an ''imbecil''? Or do you want him to go through a full course of computer programming when you say ''he can learn''?

I don't want to brag but....I once made the little C in Commodore 64 fly from the top of the screen to the bottom then sweep to the right of the screen. I did that.

People who are old will get this joke.

Whatever it takes for him to know what the hell is going on, id want him doing yes. I’m not saying anyone can admin a site if they felt like it but if Dagger knows/learnt what to do then he would be a good fit I think. If he doesn’t want to do it I personally couldn’t give a stuff. Whoever wants to do it to the best they can then that’s the man for the job.

I really don’t see the problem.

I really don’t see the problem.

That's the part that just confuses. What part of ''there's a list of things that need specific specialized education to understand'' aren't you grasping? You don't just Google ''how to understand a forum server''. Trust me. I've tried.

That's the part that just confuses. What part of ''there's a list of things that need specific specialized education to understand'' aren't you grasping? You don't just Google ''how to understand a forum server''. Trust me. I've tried.

Well I actually said

I’m not saying anyone can admin a site

So when did I just take the piss of what is required that you aren’t happy about.

The closest thing I said was that it’d be quite easy to pick up for someone in that field. That’s not saying it’s easy at all. It’s simply saying that you’d have a better handle of picking it up because you are in that field than someone who isn’t, which is the most obvious statement in the world, it didn’t even need to be said. That wasnt even a direct reference to Dagger anyways, it was simply mod= labourer admin= bricky, if labourer wants to become bricky then probabky he has a better chance than some random off the street.

I have no idea how much Dagger knows about this stuff. I have no idea how much KB or Sly do either. I have no idea how much you know about it. However to suggest (if Dagger wanted to and if he doesn’t now) Dagger couldn’t learn this stuff, which you must be doing because you keep giving me reasons why Dagger can’t do it, I can’t believe.

Is there going to be more qualified people than Dagger. Absolutely, someone is always better than you somewhere in the world. If (like this threads poll) a question is asked whether I think Dagger would/could be admin then I’m only going to say yes because like I said before I have only good things to say about dagger and I have no idea on what anybody else knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back