• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

She should have held the WWE Womens/Divas Championship...................

avb6100

Dark Match Jobber
This is my first thread ever here.So my question to you all is Which WWE Diva you feel who didnt held the WWE Womens title or Divas title should have had held it ?
In my opinion it should have been Ashley Massaro.She should have held the Womens title once.
Waiting for your humble opinions.

Torrie Wilson definately deserved it after being the face Diva of Smackdown! for years. She was rumored to be the first Divas Champion, I heard, but her back acted up.

I also wouldve liked to have seen Stacy Keibler hold the belt, infact both of them wouldve been a nice feud over the belt with their background.

It's one of those, damn it's about time things like with Kelly Kelly, but they did deserve it.

Uff. I would find it a lot easier to name FORMER women's/divas champions that DIDN'T deserve the title.
As it is I'm having trouble remembering divas that never held the belt. Even Jillian Hall was champion for a short time.
Was Jazz ever champion? If not, she deserved it. But she probably was. I never pay attention to the divas.

I was just thinking about this during the Knockouts Tag Team match last night. There are a few Divas who I think should have held the WWE Women’s / Divas Title that unfortunately didn’t get a chance to. If Stephanie McMahon was Women’s Champion for 146 days, I’m sure there are a lot of others who should have had a run. Now the names I’m about to list may not have been the best female Wrestlers, but the photo-shoots they would have had with the Gold and Leather would have been hot!!

Stacy Keibler
Torrie Wilson

Now that I think about it, maybe it was just these two.

Stacy Keibler was offered the title back in 2004 when she had that short feud with Trish and she turned it down. She didn't want to be Women's Champion.

As for Torrie Wilson if you listen to her shoot interview she states several times how she wished to be Women's Champion and even passed in storylines and suggestions to creative and staff and they never did anything with them.

As for Ashley Massaro , WWE wanted to push her hard if you remember teaming her up with Trish and involving her in that huge storyline with Mickie James. The problem is she has always been a rookie because she has been pushed too fast and never gained enough experience. Also she was injury prone and everytime she returned she would get injured again. WWE can't put the title on a woman who can't be the make public events because she is injured all the time.

I guess the most common answer people will give is Luna. She was a menacing personality in the Women's Division and I would like to think if she was in the WWE during 2002 to 2005 she would have had an epic rivlary with Trish Stratus or Victoria and probably would have captured the Women's Title.

I don't see why people think Torrie Wilson or Stacy Kiebler should have held the Women's Title. Stacy Kiebler is hot but her in ring ability is nill, Torrie Wilson has a BIT of inring skills but jobber material at best.

Christie Hemme has done some decent things in TNA and I'd bet if she stayed in the WWE I would like to think she would eventually have been good enough to contend for the title at times. Whether she should win it .... that I am not sure.

Everything doesnt come down to in-ring ability though. There are people talented in the ring, but cant get over, and I mean these two Torrie and Stacy got over and did deserve it.

Their era was a special era of girls

My vote goes to Christy Hemme. Outside the ring, she was getting some really good publicity for the WWE in the Playboy cover shoot, was doing interviews, and promoting the WWE. In the ring, she was willing to learn and it showed in every match she progressed in, she proved to be very athletic, had great character, and wanted to take risks. I was really hoping she would improve on that aspect and take on Awesome Kong in TNA for the Knockouts Title, but the injury to her neck had her take another road all together in the industry.

Torrie Wilson - wasnt the best in the ring, but she could make you believe what she wanted you to believe. she had the looks and had the attitude, she just needed to work on training in the ring a bit more and prob could have been much better

Christy Hemme - i bet if she woulda stayed in wwe, she would be a multi time champ by now. seemed wwe liked her with pushing her/trish feud so much

Jillian Hall - 2 minute divas champ doesn't count. she could have been a serious champ had wwe cared about her being more then jobber material

Everything doesnt come down to in-ring ability though. There are people talented in the ring, but cant get over, and I mean these two Torrie and Stacy got over and did deserve it.

Their era was a special era of girls

It's one thing to be over but it's another thing to say "yeah that person deserves is a champion" or "that person can be a champion", I can't honestly say Stacy or Torrie are in that category, it takes a certain level of beliveablity to for someone to be considered championship material.

I would say Luna would be towards the top if not at the top of women wrestlers who never one the title. Here character was a total freak and she had so much power and muscle that she actually looked like she could easily take out the rest of the female roster, and a few guys for that matter. She should have won it back when the title was revamped in 1997 with the Sable n Jackie feud. She had great ring work and mike work so i'm not sure why they never gave her a run. I've also never understood why Gail Kim never got another run. SHe had one very early on, but was never given another chance. Her in ring work runs miles around most of the other women's champs that have come and gone since her reign in 2003. I'm sure she'll probably resurface in in TNA sometime soon.

It's one thing to be over but it's another thing to say "yeah that person deserves is a champion" or "that person can be a champion", I can't honestly say Stacy or Torrie are in that category, it takes a certain level of beliveablity to for someone to be considered championship material.

If that were true Kelly Kelly would've never held a title, Stephanie either.

Luna Vachon, hands down. Tori, close second.

WWE wanted to give Stacy Keibler a run as Women's Champion in fall 2004, but she felt she didn't deserve it and declined the offer.

I heard rumors that Torrie Wilson was supposed to be the first Divas Champion (the title was supposedly her idea), but her back problems killed that.

Recently, Maria Kanellis did an interview where she said the only way she'd go back to WWE is if she got to be champ, because her biggest regret was not winning a title in her career.

thats bullshit, Khali was World Champion, Swagger and Ziggler too, and David Arquette was WCW Champion. Those two fucking deserved it, dont tell me a certain kind of over doesnt matter, this isnt a talent based company it's talent and entertainment

If that were true Kelly Kelly would've never held a title, Stephanie either.

That's not true, Kelly has worked hard, dumbasses just label any bitch with a hot body a model unless they look like a dude, or can wrestle like tech they arent considered good which is absolute bs when you look at the guys and then it doesnt matter there, no one's really talking about getting guys who can wrestle, Cena gets shitted on but he can wrestle, but really other guys arent techs but they do THEIR style

Steph deserved it, and it was totally believeable and I loved every second of it. They RAN the show, how is it not believeable to have the belts when you both run the show, husband and wife, The McMahon-Helmsley Era, give me a break dude, Really? ...Really?

I would say either Ashley Masaro or Torrie Wilson because they were better than most of the girls who have been holding the title recently and were also more popular with the fans. Ashley got that big push when she posed for Playboy and I was so mad when she lost, it didn't help that it was Melina she lost to either. Torrie could have gotten Kelly's current push and come closer to being able to work a decent match.

For me, I would have to go with Maria. I know I am gonna get shit for this but she was like a Kelly Kelly when she was just on ECW only. When Maria came out she had a look of love for the fans and wanted to work hard and entertain like what Kelly Kelly does but she needed to train more cuz he was almost average in the ring and on the mike but to me she was just like the girl next door who everybody can cheer for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back