Shawne Merriman: NFL's contribution to WWE

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
I was reading a report on WrestlingINC and thought it could be a good subject to discuss in here in the non-spam sections. Better posters overall with more general knowledge:

As noted, WWE has signed former NFL star Shawne Merriman to a deal. The idea is to bring him up similar to how WCW brought up Steve "Mongo" McMichael.

They're looking at training Merriman as an announcer, put him on TV while he's also training to be a wrestler, and then transition into being a wrestler when he's good enough.

There is a renewed interest within WWE when it comes to signing NFL players who are still young but their football careers are over.

I've never seen him in the football field nor do I care for his NFL career, but he's only 29 years, has a good size and overall a good presentation. His NFL career did help him with the camera as he looked fine with it at WrestleMania XXX. So two things with this - who were the other big stars that transitioned from the NFL to wrestling and are you at all interested in Shawne Merriman?

Before a steroid suspension and mounting injuries, Merriman was a great player and he had a natural charisma that really showed on the field. I think if he takes training seriously and doesn't let his already being famous go to his head, he could make an impact and be a useful asset. Worse former athletes have tried to make the transition.

Merriman always looks good on paper, great size, strength, and speed; but the guy is a total nut case. He took pleasure in the fact he was a dirty player who aimed to giving concussions to anyone wearing a different colored jersey. Something tells me he is gonna end up killing somebody in a wrestling ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back