Shad Gaspard Calls Lance Cade A Backstabber, Talks TNA & More

hbk4894

Dark Match Jobber
this is an interview with Shad Gaspard
What caused heat between Cryme Tyme and the team of Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch: “Well, I mean, anybody who knows Lance Cade God rest the guy’s soul. Lance was a great guy personally. Great father to his kids, great guy to hang out with and chill with. Lance Cade the person and Lance Cade the wrestler are two totally different people. Lance Cade the person is a guy that I would fight for in a bar. Lance Cade the wrestler is a guy that would stab me in the back, stab me in the gut, and who has stabbed several of his friends to keep his career going. That’s what he was taught to do, so that’s what he did.”

His pay-per-view match with JTG and how it affected his push: “The outcome at the pay per view match kinda got messed up because we weren’t given information that was vital to our match. It’s one of those things where certain people don’t give you information for good reason in their opinion. And the good reason is, the pay-per-view match would have put me over big and would have set off a chain of events that would have led to me being number one contender for the WWE title eventually but certain people decided not to chime in and tell me what was going to happen in the match.”

Whether he’s talked to TNA: “I’ve talked to several wrestlers that work for TNA about me coming over. I was actually supposed to go to TNA show a couple of times with a friends of mine but I was still with the company(WWE) so I didn’t want to have a Highlander moment… I like TNA but I’d want to do something different if I came to TNA. I would want to make a boom rather than be like everybody else.”

Name association:

Shawn Michaels: “Ha (chuckles)….that’s about it.”

John Cena: “Ha (chuckles).”

Chris Jericho: “My mentor and my brother.”

Vince McMahon: “Workhorse.”

Other topics include the house show incident with Cade and Murdoch that got Cryme Tyme released, deciding to audition for Tough Enough, Cryme Tyme’s participation in Lita’s sendoff, who came up with the Cryme Tyme gimmick, whether he was really pulled from a Royal Rumble match, and how he figured out that he and JTG wouldn’t be getting the tag team titles.

From http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-n...alls-lance-cade-a-backstabber-talks-tna-more/

good interview , bit harsh on Cade

Before someone mentions that this is like the Helms/HBK thing.. ITS NOT!

He had every right to say what he did, weather people reading it took it as it was harsh he was right. Lance Cade was an amazing Father and god rest his soul but when it came to work, it was like a whole other man. Like what happened backstage, Cade screwed over Cryme Tyme's tag team career to be honest. They were about to get a tag team push but then Cade said something and it heavily impacted their push at the time.

Way I see it, you got a problem with somebody, air it out when they're alive and then let it go. Don't wait until they're dead and gone and can't defend themselves. Was Cade screwing them over or was he telling the truth? We'll never know cuz Cade can't say. Move on with your life, that's something the living can do.

Not harsh at all, Sure cade's dead.. but that would just means shads a coward for not saying this when cade was around.

Yeah, sure. Cryme Tyme was held back for 4 years by Lance Cade. Just to make their Tag Team run seem more pathetic.

To be fair, they were definitely over enough to justify a title reign.

On the other hand, it's Cryme Tyme.

Cryme Tyme was easily the most over tag team in the WWE the last 5 years. That's not saying much but they at least deserved a title reign.

Cryme Tyme was easily the most over tag team in the WWE the last 5 years. That's not saying much but they at least deserved a title reign.

Koztino might be, and it's still close. They were definitely one of the few truly enjoyable tag teams in and out of the ring. They're one of the reasons that I started getting back into wrestling in high school, odd as that sounds. I saw a clip of one of their promos on youtube (I think it was the one where they sold Valentines day presents), and it was hilarious, so I started watching. I quickly learned that they were no longer with the company, but I still enjoyed the show so I kept watching.

I remember marking the fuck out when Cryme Tyme came back. I was so happy that I sprung off the couch and threw my hands in the air. Sadly, they were but a shadow of their former selves, and Word Up hardly delivered what some of their old material did.

As for this article, Shad always seemed like a pretty cool, outspoken dude to me. I hope he doesn't get shit for speaking ill of the dead, because death does not erase a man's legacy. He said nice things about Lance Cade the person, bad things about Lance Cade the wrestler, and he probably spoke the truth, so props to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back