• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose save CM Punk's title reign

Jon Moxley is a great mic worker and wrestler but I don't think he has longevity.

Totally off-topic, but why do posters feel the need to use the wrestlers' real names to get their points across? Do you think this makes your post look more legit?

Totally off-topic, but why do posters feel the need to use the wrestlers' real names to get their points across? Do you think this makes your post look more legit?

Nope, because Jon Moxley and Dean Ambrose are two different characters, I prefer calling him Moxley, just an old habit. Plus I'm more familiar with his indy work, it also took me a year to begin routinely calling Bryan Danielson, Daniel Bryan.

Plus Jon Moxley isn't his real name, it's Jonathon Good, not that it matters.

Ambrose is great. Once he'd adjusted and stopped working with Rollins he became awesome, and was consistently one of the most entertaining guys in FCW.

Seth Rollins is a fucking worthless hack. No charisma, no psychology and no talent beyond his ability to do flips. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Roman Reigns/Leakee has potential. However, like everyone else touted as having potential he's pretty goddamn green. His promos weren't up to much and his ring work had a tendency to be dull except unless Kruger carried him. I also don't understand his inclusion. He's in a stable with two ex-indie guys, associated with Punk and Heyman two guys who in their own way represent(ed) the anti-establishment as far as WWE is concerned. He's part of the Anoi wrestling family, billed as being a future star from the day he debuted. He just doesn't fit in for me, and there were better choices in FCW for my money. Meh.

This.

Unlike Bryan and Punk though, Dean Ambrose I'm not certain on. Jon Moxley is a great mic worker and wrestler but I don't think he has longevity. Plus he'll have added pressure because of all the hype surrounding him, which is annoying cause in-truth those hyping him know little to fuck all about him and judge based off two minutes promos they find on YouTube. Rollins/Black will make a decent midcard stalwart someday and Reigns bores the hell out of me on NXT, at least had they gone with Hero they'd have had the indy fans creaming their pants.

Dragon Saga, how might that pressure actually affect his work? And as far as that pressure, who does that hype actually represent? I believe only a fractional portion of the WWE's fans, thus the majority of fans at tonight's RAW still won't know who he is. Even if a noticeable portion of tonight's audience recognizes him, he will still, for the most part, be starting off with a clean slate.

It's the name you're most used to. Like calling Daniel Bryan, "Bryan Danielson" or Kaval "Senshi/Low Ki/Kicky McGee".

Roman Reigns/Leakee has potential. However, like everyone else touted as having potential he's pretty goddamn green. His promos weren't up to much and his ring work had a tendency to be dull except unless Kruger carried him. I also don't understand his inclusion. He's in a stable with two ex-indie guys, associated with Punk and Heyman two guys who in their own way represent(ed) the anti-establishment as far as WWE is concerned. He's part of the Anoi wrestling family, billed as being a future star from the day he debuted. He just doesn't fit in for me, and there were better choices in FCW for my money. Meh.

Wouldn't be a Remix post if Leo Kruger wasn't overhyped somewhere :p

Honestly though, Kruger would fit with Rollins and Ambrose moreso than Reigns. An ideal situation would have Ambrose, Bronson & Kruger but i don't really mind and this'll probably go somewhere fine.

So am I the only one who thinks Ambrose looks like the long-lost brother of Ted Dibiase Jr.? When they made their debut last night that was honestly the first thing to enter my mind, then I found out it was Ambrose.

Wouldn't be a Remix post if Leo Kruger wasn't overhyped somewhere :p

If it weren't true I wouldn't have mentioned it :p

Honestly though, Kruger would fit with Rollins and Ambrose moreso than Reigns. An ideal situation would have Ambrose, Bronson & Kruger but i don't really mind and this'll probably go somewhere fine.

Kruger really wouldn't fit into the group much better than Reigns. A year ago when he was doing his "Walking, Talking, Living Breathing Main Event" shtick maybe. But Leo the crazy hunter? No, let him do his own thing and keep him away from these shenanigans. His new gimmick's notable enough to stand on its own just like Sandow's was.

Bronson too doesn't really fit. His gimmick is that of a professional asskicker with a mean streak a mile long. The thing about Punk, Maddox, Rollins and Ambrose is that Heyman could conceivably get into their heads to manipulate them. By feeding Punk's ego he warped him from being the savior of the company to being obsessed with how great he is. Maddox desires fame, by putting the idea of low blowing Ryback he got his fifteen minutes in the spotlight and a match on Raw. Rollins and Ambrose are like Punk - they made their names outside WWE and what did they get? A developmental contract and no callups. Heyman whispers in their ears that WWE are holding them back because they hate the fact that they're from outside their system and they'll never get a fair shot because of it and they decide to force WWE to pay attention to them by invading SS.

Bronson and Kruger don't fit that pattern. Bronson wants to make people hurt. What's Heyman going to offer him that he doesn't already have access to? Nothing. Kruger's a crazy hunter, he's going to go after who he likes no matter what Heyman says. No, when he gets called up he'll get vignettes showing his past as a hunter and that he's after a creature from South Africa that was spoken about only in rumours, a wolf who is the son of a panther and a woman. He's found him in WWE and he's coming for him, ta-taa. And if we revert Kruger to a gimmick where he could be manipulated, do you really think that a guy who calls himself "the walking, talking, living breathing main event" and that "I am, who I am, because who I am is the greatest of all time" is going to be a team player?

As much as I hate to say it, Rollins should be in this stable. He just fits. Logically, the third guy in the stable would be Corey Graves. He's also an ex-indie guy, and his gimmick of not giving a shit about anyone or anything makes him an easy target for Heyman.

If it's in italics, that's me fantasy booking.

It does amuse me greatly that people think that what you see down in FCW is what you're going to see on Raw or Smackdown. They're completely different companies with completely different ways of going about things. The characters are only going to be somewhat similar if that, so whatever greatness people have built up Ambrose as isn't going to get to be shown on Raw or Smackdown.
Yep. Nothing we loved about CM Punk on the indies was rehashed on Raw and SmackDown.

I'm not sure if I agree with turning Ziggler face yet but everything else is fine by me. Although Ziggler is being cheered right now, you know that once he turns face, everything about his character that we all loved will immediately be erased.

We can call that "MVP syndrome."
People who like Ziggler don't like his character. They like the way he bumps.

Kruger really wouldn't fit into the group much better than Reigns. A year ago when he was doing his "Walking, Talking, Living Breathing Main Event" shtick maybe. But Leo the crazy hunter? No, let him do his own thing and keep him away from these shenanigans. His new gimmick's notable enough to stand on its own just like Sandow's was.

Bronson too doesn't really fit. His gimmick is that of a professional asskicker with a mean streak a mile long. The thing about Punk, Maddox, Rollins and Ambrose is that Heyman could conceivably get into their heads to manipulate them. By feeding Punk's ego he warped him from being the savior of the company to being obsessed with how great he is. Maddox desires fame, by putting the idea of low blowing Ryback he got his fifteen minutes in the spotlight and a match on Raw. Rollins and Ambrose are like Punk - they made their names outside WWE and what did they get? A developmental contract and no callups. Heyman whispers in their ears that WWE are holding them back because they hate the fact that they're from outside their system and they'll never get a fair shot because of it and they decide to force WWE to pay attention to them by invading SS.

Bronson and Kruger don't fit that pattern. Bronson wants to make people hurt. What's Heyman going to offer him that he doesn't already have access to? Nothing. Kruger's a crazy hunter, he's going to go after who he likes no matter what Heyman says. No, when he gets called up he'll get vignettes showing his past as a hunter and that he's after a creature from South Africa that was spoken about only in rumours, a wolf who is the son of a panther and a woman. He's found him in WWE and he's coming for him, ta-taa. And if we revert Kruger to a gimmick where he could be manipulated, do you really think that a guy who calls himself "the walking, talking, living breathing main event" and that "I am, who I am, because who I am is the greatest of all time" is going to be a team player?

As much as I hate to say it, Rollins should be in this stable. He just fits. Logically, the third guy in the stable would be Corey Graves. He's also an ex-indie guy, and his gimmick of not giving a shit about anyone or anything makes him an easy target for Heyman.

If it's in italics, that's me fantasy booking.

See I didn't know for sure if these guys are gonna be Heyman guys or not. Corey Graves was actually a pretty viable thought in my mind too, and he seems to be getting pushed on NXT(And by that i mean he got a debut vignette and won a match). With my three what i saw was that
1. Dean is insane so to try and make a name for himself by taking out the most dominant force going right now would make sense.
2. Bronson just wants to kick ass and is a hard hitter
3. Kruger is a big game hunter, why not hunt the beast that hungers?

I don't remember if Cole said that the three were from NXT. If he did, I'm surprised he didn't say that Rollins was the NXT champion.

It's probably sad that Reigns was the first one I recognized when the attack started.

Does he have a character? Does cocky heel even count as a character? Aside from this AJ storyline, I can't remember the last time I felt moved by anything about Ziggler as a person.

Unlike Bryan and Punk though, Dean Ambrose I'm not certain on. Jon Moxley is a great mic worker and wrestler but I don't think he has longevity. Plus he'll have added pressure because of all the hype surrounding him, which is annoying cause in-truth those hyping him know little to fuck all about him and judge based off two minutes promos they find on YouTube.
Which is a shame. The Rollins-Ambrose and Regal-Ambrose matches are so easy to find.

Does he have a character? Does cocky heel even count as a character? Aside from this AJ storyline, I can't remember the last time I felt moved by anything about Ziggler as a person.

He's a cocky show-off. It only says so on his tights.

He's a cocky show-off. It only says so on his tights.
Just like CM Punk, with his 365 days of dominance. And Damien Sandow, with his wordy promos. And Alberto Del Rio, with his expensive cars and dapper scarves.

What heel isn't a cocky show-off?

I don't remember if Cole said that the three were from NXT. If he did, I'm surprised he didn't say that Rollins was the NXT champion.

It's probably sad that Reigns was the first one I recognized when the attack started.

Yeah they did say they were from NXT but not that he was the champion.

Still not enough to make me believe Dolph Ziggler has a distinctive character.

What face isn't a cocky show off who never back down from a challenge to a fight from the heels?

A lot of fans were wondering why NXT star Kassius Ohno, the former Chris Hero, didn't debut with Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns on Sunday night at WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view.

We noted recently that WWE officials were talking about bringing some NXT stars to the main roster and the Survivor Series angle was the result of that. Ohno was never talked about in regards to being brought to the main roster now. Officials are high on Ohno but the feeling is that he needs more "seasoning" before being called up.

OK well first of all i feel that KO isn't ready yet for the main roster(Damn close though) but at the same time, is Roman Reigns? As I've already agreed with Remix about, Corey Graves seems like a better fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back