• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose save CM Punk's title reign

Out of the group,I only have seen the work of Seth Rollins(which is good).But i am amongst the uneducated mass who don't know a fuck about this Ambrose guy.Can someone enlighten me?

I though I might as well post this for all the fans of this guys:

tumblr_mdpvukLaYG1qgdej6o1_500.jpg
I didn't realize Chris Sabin and Christian had a kid.

Dean Ambrose had better be the second coming of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Steve Austin, all in one, of I'm going to hate him. That's your fault.

Anyhow, no, I don't care. I'm just hoping for something that makes CM Punk and Paul Heyman even funnier than they already are.

I don't give a shit about Dean Ambrose. It's Justin LaBar that hasn't stopped going on about him for 6+ months.

Definitely interested to see if these boys can live up to the hype, Ambrose especially.

Hopefully they can, and become 3 more major players on Raw.

Btw, what are their finishers?

I'd laugh so much if they become Punk's version of a security squad. Unfortunately they'll probably do the whole "we're here to make a name for ourselves" angle much like Brad Maddox...two weeks ago.

It does amuse me greatly that people think that what you see down in FCW is what you're going to see on Raw or Smackdown. They're completely different companies with completely different ways of going about things. The characters are only going to be somewhat similar if that, so whatever greatness people have built up Ambrose as isn't going to get to be shown on Raw or Smackdown.

Havent seen it yet, so i'll hold off entirely till then, but hype shmype, I'll wait to see what these guys do before i toss my salad.

NXT is a great show, and those guys are good on it, but thats no reason to think they will carry on in anyway the same. Lets see how the story goes and what the motivation for these guys is. Are they in leagues with Brad "BEEF" Maddox?

Rollins can wrestle, but his finisher sucks.
Ambrose has been overhyped by too many people that most likely have limited knowledge of his work. I smell a band wagon. But he's not bad, good character player... If only for one character.
Roman looks great. Thats all I'll say for now.

Somebody mentioned Ohno earlier... What a disappointment that guy was.

I'm not really too bothered if my admiration for a guys work and further anticipation will ruin it for people who haven't bothered to look him up. Seriously, about 6 or more months ago, all I did was type his name into youtube and found his début FCW promo and after the two minutes was up, I was immediately sold.

Rollins I know nothing about apart from a couple of matches, and from them I saw no particular reason to be excited .

But advice for all the guys who have stated their enjoyment is going to be affected by the praise of other people. As a fan you want to have the best time watching the shows that you possibly can. It doesn't help you in any way to begrudge the talent or any wrestler because of what another person or group of people thinks of them. By all means, judge them on their own merits as YOU see fit and decide for YOURSELF how good they are. Otherwise you're basically ruining it for yourself and pretending that it's somebody else's fault.

People should relax and just let things develop. This was an interesting development and whether or not the guys live up to IWC expectations, it should be great. Give the guys the benefit of the doubt before you tear them down.

Look at the original Nexus. 7/8 of those guys are regulars in WWE, and 2 (arguably3) of them are major players. If these guys can come anywhere near duplicating the success of the original Nexus, they'll be just fine.

Folks need to calm the fuck down. There's a huge chance these dudes won't be around in the big show long term.

This is gonna be just like the the débuts of Punk and Bryan. The people who know know. The people who don't are going to be difficult about it. Standard stuff.

It's funny that you say this. When Rollins and company debuted last night, all I could think about was how wrong I was about Bryan and Punk.. immediately followed by excitement to see what these guys can do. If they're anything like Punk and Bryan, we may have a resurgence of a stacked roster again.

I'm staying very positive with this.

To be honest, Rollins excites me the least. I'm not crazy about Reigns, but I see him developing into a bigger deal than Rollins. And they sky is the limit on Ambrose.

But yes, this will go a long way towards stacking the roster. Turn Ziggler face as well, as people like to cheer guys they have a rapport with, and call up more new heels. Like, yesterday.

To be honest, Rollins excites me the least. I'm not crazy about Reigns, but I see him developing into a bigger deal than Rollins. And they sky is the limit on Ambrose.

But yes, this will go a long way towards stacking the roster. Turn Ziggler face as well, as people like to cheer guys they have a rapport with, and call up more new heels. Like, yesterday.

I'm not sure if I agree with turning Ziggler face yet but everything else is fine by me. Although Ziggler is being cheered right now, you know that once he turns face, everything about his character that we all loved will immediately be erased.

We can call that "MVP syndrome."

I don't give a shit about Dean Ambrose. It's Justin LaBar that hasn't stopped going on about him for 6+ months.

And I care even less about Justin LaBar.

I'm hoping for the best. What the worst that happens? They are awesome and disappear like my boy Trent Barreta? Oh well....

God damnit, the broken heart Ambrose promo is not on YouTube. This is a pretty good promo by him but there are much better:

[YOUTUBE]1unlfgpDk9o[/YOUTUBE]

I'm hoping for the best. What the worst that happens? They are awesome and disappear like my boy Trent Barreta? Oh well....

The treatment of Barreta is disgusting. I'm 100% certain he would get over as a face on the main roster. Not to mention the kick ass matches he could have against pretty much anyone.

Dean Ambrose will succeed, though. Might take a while, but it's just impossible to ignore his talent and personality, just as it was for Punk and Bryan.

Part of me wishes instead of Superstars and Main Event, we still had WW-ECW as a third brand on Tuesday nights. It really gave guys like CM Punk and John Morrison a place to shine. Definitely had its awful moments near the end; I'd probably just settle for having NXT on television.

Part of me wishes instead of Superstars and Main Event, we still had WW-ECW as a third brand on Tuesday nights. It really gave guys like CM Punk and John Morrison a place to shine. Definitely had its awful moments near the end; I'd probably just settle for having NXT on television.

ECW wasn't a bad show. It just needed a new name. It's biggest downfall was naming it ECW.

I'm not as sold on Ambrose as most are, but I will admit that he would have to do the least adapting to be TV ready out of all the indy guys I'm familiar with in FCW/NXT. His promos have always been good and his ring work wasn't anything overly flashy or crazy.

Rollins could be a main event guy or flame out in 2 years. He's pretty good in the ring, but seems to be stuck in the indy style. I'm a fan of it, but it won't work on Raw or SmackDown. I haven't heard him talk since the 1st episode of NXT, but that has never been his strength. I really have no idea what will happen with him.

I would comment on the 3rd guy, but I haven't got a clue as to who he is.

This is gonna be just like the the débuts of Punk and Bryan. The people who know know. The people who don't are going to be difficult about it. Standard stuff.

This.

Unlike Bryan and Punk though, Dean Ambrose I'm not certain on. Jon Moxley is a great mic worker and wrestler but I don't think he has longevity. Plus he'll have added pressure because of all the hype surrounding him, which is annoying cause in-truth those hyping him know little to fuck all about him and judge based off two minutes promos they find on YouTube. Rollins/Black will make a decent midcard stalwart someday and Reigns bores the hell out of me on NXT, at least had they gone with Hero they'd have had the indy fans creaming their pants.

Meh. That's all I can say. Meh. Rollins does nothing for me, I have found nothing on Ambrose and didn't Reigns just debut on NXT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back