• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seriously, respect goes a long way

I view Easter as a day for candy and that's it and I'm allowed to do so. Lee, Doc, you view it as more, and that is totally cool with me.

Just thought I'd get that out there.

I'm a Christian and I don't hate on people. Religion isn't for everyone. Just because I believe doesn't mean everyone has to.

I'm just going to continue to do my best to live a good life and be nice to people, because that's what I think it's all about.

I view Easter as a day for candy and that's it and I'm allowed to do so. Lee, Doc, you view it as more, and that is totally cool with me.

Just thought I'd get that out there.

The one day a year you're safe from those horrible candy nazis. If only you could eat candy any day of the year without fear.

Yet it's okay for the assorted religions to persecute people how don't share faith in the same things? Agreed that many atheists do nothing more than mock and sling mud, but more wars have been started in the name of religion than anything else. Religions bash and mock each other more than atheism does. Last time I checked, there haven't been tens of thousands of deaths in the name of atheism. Can the same be said about Catholicism or Christianity?

Communist regime, killed quite a number of christians

Yet it's okay for the assorted religions to persecute people who don't share faith in the same things? Agreed that many atheists do nothing more than mock and sling mud, but more wars have been started in the name of religion than anything else. Religions bash and mock each other more than atheism does. Last time I checked, there haven't been tens of thousands of deaths in the name of atheism. Can the same be said about Catholicism or Christianity?

I don't agree with that. But in the end, proselytizing is proselytizing and it's kind of stupid no matter who is doing it.

I know, it was in the name of communism, not atheism.

EDIT I said I was going to sleep a good few pages ago. Sleep i shall

If we're playing the discrimination card, I'm sure FTS can tell you a lot about being jewish!

Communist regime, killed quite a number of christians

And there it is. So you must believe than that Christianity is in some form equivelant to capitalism? So you're saying someone cannot hold communistis veiws while remaining theist? I didn't know that beleifs like that were so limited. It must also be impossible for an atheist to strongly believe in capitalism then as well no? If you couldn't tell Lee, that was saracsm. The fact neither none of these must go hand in hand automatically shows that ahteism doesn't amount to communism. Just to get that out of the way.

I never said that NOBODY has ever been killed in the name of Atheism. That wouldn't be true, apologies if I worded it that way. I only meant to show that religion is it's own enemy and the main cause of it's own suffering, far moreso than Atheism. We're talking real persecution here, not people crying over the fact that someone said something about a holiday that doesn't matter to them.

Not nearly as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. At least Jesus isn't being called a spaghetti monster.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Happy Easter to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back