Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 4

link-vs-samus_zps034523fe.png

Two Nintendo giants collide as the bounty hunter Samus Aran takes on the skilled swordsman with sack magique, Link. Last round, Samus took out The Joker while Link managed to outfox the master swordsman Afro Samurai. Who is the tougher gaming giant?

FIGHT!

This is actually a tough one for Samus. If we're assuming that Link's got the Mirror Sheild, her core offensive weapons and tactics are nullified, as her plasma beams would come straight back at her and missiles would be blocked per the rules of the Zelda universe. I'm going to ignore arguments like X-ray beams and ship nuking. Because those arguments are just cheap. Arrows and sword beams are negligible here. Samus is well used to dodging faster moving projectiles or taking ones she can't dodge

So, taking away combat at long range leaves us with close quarters combat, Link's forte. However, it also nullifies some of his advantages. He's not going to have time to react to one of Samus' guns. He's also going to have trouble getting through her armour with a sword (though according to the rules of both Metroid and Zelda, he would), while he's considerably less durable.

I'm going to let this one develop for a while before casting my vote.

I'm not sure yet either, but there is one thing that might do damage to Samus: a big freaking hammer. Unless there's some kind of forcefield around Samus, a shot with a hammer is going to cause some damage, as would a bomb being let off next to her. I'm not saying this is a walk for Link because it's not, but if there is any character that has enough of an arsenal to put Samus down, it's Link. If he can find a way past that armor, and there are ways to get by it, this is one sided. That being said, Samus is a killing machine and Link is used to fighting off magic, not machines. This would be a very interesting fight and I'm not sure who I'm voting for either.

I hadn't actually considered the implications of the Megaton Hammer. However, I don't think it would be a good idea for Link to use it in this fight. There's a couple of weaknesses that could enable Samus to take advantage of.

The first is that it's slow. Samus, despite her armour is an agile fighter. By taking advantage of the morph ball and space jump she should be able to dodge most of Link's swings. The second is that it forces Link to take off his shield. Removing that vital piece of equipment leaves him open to missiles and beams from Samus' arm cannon.

I can see this ending quickly enough. The match starts and Samus shoots of a few missiles. Link blocks them or just moves so she decides to charge her big beam. Suddenly, Link whips out his ball and chain and nails Samus. Even if it only stuns her, he could then run over and either attack her with his sword or maybe the hammer. Win for Link

Fuck this dress wearing elf with a girl's voice. That's right, I said fuck Link.

I'm tired of how this guy with a sword and some magical items has been able to trounce obviously superior fighters with superior firepower simply because he has some sort of mask that will allow him to roll up into an impenetrable rock ball and roll around on the ground until he squishes his opponent. I'm tired of his mirror shield being able to send back any sort of attack that comes its way. I'm tired of people arguing he's a expert swordsman when, in reality, the character has never been shown to be overly proficient with a sword and utilizes the same simply attacks over and over and over again.

I wish it was Commander Sheppard doing the job of finishing this guy, but Samus will have to do.

Everybody likes to talk about the variety of attacks Link can launch. From boomerang to z-targeting, the guy has a huge array of offensive abilities. Luckily, Samus can match that, and her offensive capabilities are far more advanced. Homing missiles, flamethrowers, smart bombs, energy blasts... you name it, Samus probably has it in her bag of tricks.

There is, of course, the issue of the mirror shield. As far as I know the mirror shield only reflects non-physical attacks and simply deflects physical attacks. This deflection isn't going to work against a homing missile that explodes on contact, sending him flying backwards and allowing Samus to finish the job.

And if conventional weaponry doesn't do the job for Samus she can take Link down in hand to hand combat. Samus is wearing a high-tech piece of technology to protect her body, and Link is carrying a sword and shield. The sword will be wildly ineffective against her armor, and once she disarms Link of the sword (which should be fairly easy considering she can pretty easily us an energy blast at close range to stun him), she can just pound his face in.

Samus is too advanced for Link. Link has never defeated any enemies that use futuristic weaponry and have a suit of armor as advanced as Samus's.

Vote Samus.

These two are on pretty equal standing. On one side is Samus who's an expert in distance fights but is pretty much lousy up close. Link's forte. Link is also equipped with all sorts of gadgets that would let him get up close and fight her face to face. His Boomerang can paralyze her, his Hookshot can help him reach faster, the Cane of Symmeria can help him get close and fight close with no harm for a bit.

Health-wise these two are evenly matched. They both tend to have about the same amount of health. However, Link may have potions to restore himself, and I'm kinda feeling too lazy to go check if that's in the rules or not. He also has his enhanced magic. That little white stroke that shows up around his hearts near the end of most games. Samus may have her back-up energy tanks, but that kinda falls short to Link's defenses being raised two-fold.

Samus has more than enough firepower to nuke Link into oblivion. However, Link has more than enough tools to make his way around that fire and chop Samus in her face. This is a very very close match, but a few sword beams from the Fierce Deity mask may be the winning tool due to Link being able to get close enough and still fight from a distance without having to aim much. It gives him an all-around cover. Link. :icon_neutral:

Fuck this dress wearing elf with a girl's voice. That's right, I said fuck Link.

I refuse to ignore this post. Throwing a tantrum about your tournament not going the way you liked? Yeah, THAT's real mature.

I'm tired of how this guy with a sword and some magical items has been able to trounce obviously superior fighters with superior firepower simply because he has some sort of mask that will allow him to roll up into an impenetrable rock ball and roll around on the ground until he squishes his opponent.

The competitors are allowed to use any skill they have available. Link not being allowed to use his Goron Transformation would be like saying Samus cannot use her Morph Ball. Either everything goes or not, which results in an unfair fight. Whine all you want about Link's arsenal, but it's within the rules that you and Doc both created. If he is "too powerful" then perhaps he should have been in the Super bracket.

I'm tired of his mirror shield being able to send back any sort of attack that comes its way. I'm tired of people arguing he's a expert swordsman when, in reality, the character has never been shown to be overly proficient with a sword and utilizes the same simply attacks over and over and over again.

You don't play much Zelda, do you? Link has had characters teach him expert proficiency with the sword and he was already skilled to begin with. That was one of the stupidest arguments against Link that I have ever read.

I wish it was Commander Sheppard doing the job of finishing this guy, but Samus will have to do.

Are you fucking kidding me!? REALLY!? What in the hell could Commander Sheppard possibly do against Link? That would be a one sided contest. You're just upset and throwing a tantrum because first Commander Sheppard lost to Samus and now Link has made it to the Semifinals.

Everybody likes to talk about the variety of attacks Link can launch. From boomerang to z-targeting, the guy has a huge array of offensive abilities. Luckily, Samus can match that, and her offensive capabilities are far more advanced. Homing missiles, flamethrowers, smart bombs, energy blasts... you name it, Samus probably has it in her bag of tricks.

Advanced as in technology VS fantasy? That I'll give you. Link has the more advanced tactics though, and that can end up being what gets him the win here. Link can still counter all of the attacks you listed. Nayru's Love negates any damage that could be done by the Homing Missles or Bombs. The Mirror Shield can reflect the Flamethrower and any type of energy blast.

There is, of course, the issue of the mirror shield. As far as I know the mirror shield only reflects non-physical attacks and simply deflects physical attacks. This deflection isn't going to work against a homing missile that explodes on contact, sending him flying backwards and allowing Samus to finish the job.

Would you rather he use a different strategy? Link can reflect projectiles using an empty Bottle or a But Catching Net. The Homing Missile cannot do damage if Nayru's Love or the Staff of Byrna are activated.

And if conventional weaponry doesn't do the job for Samus she can take Link down in hand to hand combat. Samus is wearing a high-tech piece of technology to protect her body, and Link is carrying a sword and shield. The sword will be wildly ineffective against her armor

Link doesn't need his sword this time. He has the Arrows of Light, Fierce Deity form, and countless other weapons.

and once she disarms Link of the sword (which should be fairly easy considering she can pretty easily us an energy blast at close range to stun him), she can just pound his face in.

Mirror Shield, empty Bottle, or Bug Catching Net reflect the energy blast. Nayru's Love makes him take no damage from her attempt at pounding his face in.

Samus is too advanced for Link. Link has never defeated any enemies that use futuristic weaponry and have a suit of armor as advanced as Samus's.

Vote Samus.

All Link has to do is outlast Samus. Once she is out of missiles and bombs she can no longer use the Crystal Flash to restore her health. He has enough bottles of potions to keep him in the fight for a while as well. I fully admit that this battle could go either way, I support Link although am happy with Samus winning too. However, making an argument fully based on your dislike of Link's arsenal or complaining about how he defeated previous opponents is extremely immature and stupid. Let me know when you have come up with a better argument.

I refuse to ignore this post. Throwing a tantrum about your tournament not going the way you liked? Yeah, THAT's real mature.

Once again your failure to understand basic literary concepts leaves you looking foolish.

Hyperbole- Pronounced High-per-bow-lee. Exaggerating for dramatic, comedic, or otherwise emotional effect.

I'm actually surprised you know how to read at all.

The competitors are allowed to use any skill they have available. Link not being allowed to use his Goron Transformation would be like saying Samus cannot use her Morph Ball. Either everything goes or not, which results in an unfair fight. Whine all you want about Link's arsenal, but it's within the rules that you and Doc both created. If he is "too powerful" then perhaps he should have been in the Super bracket.

I never said that Link isn't allowed to use his Goron Transformation. What I'm saying is that if Link has to rely on this to win his fights, then he's an extremely weak character that really shouldn't be argued for in the first place. If the only way you can win is by using your cheapest technique, then why bother?

You don't play much Zelda, do you? Link has had characters teach him expert proficiency with the sword and he was already skilled to begin with. That was one of the stupidest arguments against Link that I have ever read.

Have you seen him wield a sword? He spins around in circles with it for a power attack. I don't need to tell you how unbelievably stupid that is. Actually, maybe I do. By spinning around in a circle with his sword he leaves himself totally unprotected for a well timed attack. Seriously, he's leaving his back totally exposed. Outside of the fantasy world of Nintendo, Link would be toast.

Are you fucking kidding me!? REALLY!? What in the hell could Commander Sheppard possibly do against Link? That would be a one sided contest. You're just upset and throwing a tantrum because first Commander Sheppard lost to Samus and now Link has made it to the Semifinals.

Biotics for one thing. Link would have no way of blocking a biotic attack that leaves him floating around in the air hopelessly as Shepard riddles him with bullets.

Or this. Go to about 1 minute in.

[YOUTUBE]p4b-8glzVAg[/YOUTUBE]

Lulz, I love how you accuse me of throwing a tantrum with responses like this.

Advanced as in technology VS fantasy? That I'll give you. Link has the more advanced tactics though, and that can end up being what gets him the win here. Link can still counter all of the attacks you listed. Nayru's Love negates any damage that could be done by the Homing Missles or Bombs. The Mirror Shield can reflect the Flamethrower and any type of energy blast.

If he uses Nayru's love he's basically stuck without the ability to attack Samus with magic, the only thing in his arsenal that could possibly beat her. Once Samus realizes that her missiles won't penetrate Nayru's Love, she's going to get into cover and keep an eye on Link. The second Nayru's Love goes away, she's launching a missile right at Link's nuts. She's going to explode his genitals, and the rest of his body with him. Boom goes the dynamite.

Also, while Nayru's Love prevents incoming damage, it doesn't stop Link from feeling the blasts of the attack, as in the explosion will still knock him back. How is Link going to get in close to do damage when Samus can keep knocking him back with rockets? And once again, when Nayru's Love wears off Link will get destroyed.

Would you rather he use a different strategy? Link can reflect projectiles using an empty Bottle or a But Catching Net. The Homing Missile cannot do damage if Nayru's Love or the Staff of Byrna are activated.

You mean the Cane of Byrna? Silly Dagger, you really should know your character better before you try to defend him. But like Nayru's Love, the Staff consumes Link's magical energy, and that will wear off.

As for the bottles and bug catching net... I don't know how empty bottles can reflect attacks. The Bug Catching Net has only reflected one enemy's attack, and they were magic attacks.

Link doesn't need his sword this time. He has the Arrows of Light, Fierce Deity form, and countless other weapons.

And while he's pulling back the string of his bow, Samus will have homing missiles flying at him.

Link has 0 defense in Fierce Deity form as he uses both his hands to wield the sword. He can fire a sword beam at Samus, but she'll be firing her entire arsenal at a now defenseless Link.

That's not to mention Samus has armor that has absorbed countless high power attacks from high tech enemies. I'm sure she can handle a few Arrows of Light and a Sword Beam.

Mirror Shield, empty Bottle, or Bug Catching Net reflect the energy blast. Nayru's Love makes him take no damage from her attempt at pounding his face in.

Mirror Shield- Energy blasts
Empty Bottle- Not familiar with this technique, give you the benefit of the doubt.
Bug Catching Net- Magic blasts.
Nayru's Love- Prevents Link from using any magic, which is what I'd say is Samus's only weakness.

You also fail to realize that if Samus launched any sort of bomb attack at an unprotected Link, he's done.

All Link has to do is outlast Samus.

Which he can't, because Samus can go all day and Link's magic has limits.

Once she is out of missiles and bombs she can no longer use the Crystal Flash to restore her health.

You act like she's an idiot that's going to use all of her attacks all willy nilly in the first 10 seconds. In case you haven't realized, Samus has been around the block a few times herself. Between training and experience I think it's safe to assume that Samus knows better than to get rid of all her ammo early in any fight.

He has enough bottles of potions to keep him in the fight for a while as well.

I'm pretty sure it takes a few seconds to drink those potions. What do you think Samus is doing during that time? Being a lady and letting him finish his beverage before killing him?

No. She's aiming a homing missile at Link's allegedly male genitals.

I fully admit that this battle could go either way, I support Link although am happy with Samus winning too. However, making an argument fully based on your dislike of Link's arsenal or complaining about how he defeated previous opponents is extremely immature and stupid. Let me know when you have come up with a better argument.

My argument wasn't based on my dislike of Link's arsenal. My argument was based on how Link's arsenal can't finish off Samus. I also dislike Link.

Samus wins here. After playing through the battle in your head and being realistic with how each participant's attacks work, it's obvious that Samus is the victor.

I never said that Link isn't allowed to use his Goron Transformation. What I'm saying is that if Link has to rely on this to win his fights, then he's an extremely weak character that really shouldn't be argued for in the first place. If the only way you can win is by using your cheapest technique, then why bother?
Cheap, cheap. If you're fighting a total novice who beat you by spamming the same cheap attack, the fact that he beat you doesn't change. If the move is in your arsenal and using it over and over again seems to be working, then there's nothing wrong with using it.

Have you seen him wield a sword? He spins around in circles with it for a power attack. I don't need to tell you how unbelievably stupid that is.
That's amusing. Because last I checked, Samus does circles in the air to attack too.

Actually, maybe I do. By spinning around in a circle with his sword he leaves himself totally unprotected for a well timed attack. Seriously, he's leaving his back totally exposed. Outside of the fantasy world of Nintendo, Link would be toast.
Except... He's fighting a Nintendo character. Who he can indeed beat.

Biotics for one thing. Link would ave no way of blocking a biotic attack that leaves him floating around in the air hopelessly as Shepard riddles him with bullets.
Who gives a damn about Sheppard? He's long gone.

If he uses Nayru's love he's basically stuck without the ability to attack Samus with magic, the only thing in his arsenal that could possibly beat her. Once Samus realizes that her missiles won't penetrate Nayru's Love, she's going to get into cover and keep an eye on Link. The second Nayru's Love goes away, she's launching a missile right at Link's nuts. She's going to explode his genitals, and the rest of his body with him. Boom goes the dynamite.
You say it as if Link is some slob on the battlefield. The two have shown to be equally athletic. Not to mention Link has his bombs, bombchu's, boomerang, arrows, hookshot, Deku nuts, I'm pretty sure he can still attack from a distance without magic.

Also, while Nayru's Love prevents incoming damage, it doesn't stop Link from feeling the blasts of the attack, as in the explosion will still knock him back. How is Link going to get in close to do damage when Samus can keep knocking him back with rockets? And once again, when Nayru's Love wears off Link will get destroyed.
About as well destroyed as he gets in Super Smash Bros. I presume.

You mean the Cane of Byrna? Silly Dagger, you really should know your character better before you try to defend him. But like Nayru's Love, the Staff consumes Link's magical energy, and that will wear off.
I'm pretty well versed in both characters if I do say so. And the Cane of Byrna doesn't slow Link down or cut off his weapons. He's free to use arrows, bombs his sword beams and before you say Samus' armor can protect her, please spare us that nonsense. Because they don't do shit in Smash Bros. and in canonical games it can't hold off anything other than water.

As for the bottles and bug catching net... I don't know how empty bottles can reflect attacks. The Bug Catching Net has only reflected one enemy's attack, and they were magic attacks.
I'm sure a few potions and fairies can be kept in those things.

And while he's pulling back the string of his bow, Samus will have homing missiles flying at him.
And I'm assuming that works as well as it does in Smash Bros. where Link fires a bow faster than a missile can reach him. :rolleyes:
Link has 0 defense in Fierce Deity form as he uses both his hands to wield the sword. He can fire a sword beam at Samus, but she'll be firing her entire arsenal at a now defenseless Link.
You sure he's defenseless?

A) He doesn't just stand around.

B) Their life is near equal with Link having magically enhanced health.
That's not to mention Samus has armor that has absorbed countless high power attacks from high tech enemies. I'm sure she can handle a few Arrows of Light and a Sword Beam.
Yeah. About as well as how she fares touching anything with a sign of life in the Metroid games.

Mirror Shield- Energy blasts
Empty Bottle- Not familiar with this technique, give you the benefit of the doubt.
Bug Catching Net- Magic blasts.
Nayru's Love- Prevents Link from using any magic, which is what I'd say is Samus's only weakness.

You also fail to realize that if Samus launched any sort of bomb attack at an unprotected Link, he's done.
Haven't seen it work. And these two fight each other.

Which he can't, because Samus can go all day and Link's magic has limits.
Samus can go all day? Missiles have a limit. So do bombs. If the beams can be reflected by a Mirror Shield which can reflect fire, ice, light and anything that isn't physical, how is she going to fight?

You act like she's an idiot that's going to use all of her attacks all willy nilly in the first 10 seconds. In case you haven't realized, Samus has been around the block a few times herself. Between training and experience I think it's safe to assume that Samus knows better than to get rid of all her ammo early in any fight.
Ditto for Link. I'm saddened by how you ignore a lot of legitimate facts.

I'm pretty sure it takes a few seconds to drink those potions. What do you think Samus is doing during that time? Being a lady and letting him finish his beverage before killing him?
What? No shelter? You think he can't find 5 seconds to drink the stuff? It's Samus, not Predator.
No. She's aiming a homing missile at Link's allegedly male genitals.
I'm sensing anger here.

My argument wasn't based on my dislike of Link's arsenal. My argument was based on how Link's arsenal can't finish off Samus. I also dislike Link.
Shame. Because I believe this is a faaaar more even match than you give credit for. And it's pretty much the only reason I'm making such a huge post. I'm just curious, but how good is Samus in direct combat?
Samus wins here. After playing through the battle in your head and being realistic with how each participant's attacks work, it's obvious that Samus is the victor.
Really? Why? Because in my head, when two people who are evenly matched in stamina, agility, intelligence and such, I give the fight to the person who is better prepared. Samus is an exclusively ranged character. with her Screw Attack being her only means of short range attacks. Link has both range via his array of weapons and a dangerous close quarters fighter by virtue of his sword, hammer, shield and such. Anything Samus can do, Link can do. Except Link can do it up close too. Now stop whining about Sheppard and just admit this is a lot closer than you give credit to.

Cheap, cheap. If you're fighting a total novice who beat you by spamming the same cheap attack, the fact that he beat you doesn't change. If the move is in your arsenal and using it over and over again seems to be working, then there's nothing wrong with using it.

Then why not end the contest now and give it to Goku and Link? Goku can go Super Sayin 82 and destroy existence and Link can turn invincible.

The answer: because this is supposed to be for fun, not to have fanboys jerk off to their favorite characters.

That's amusing. Because last I checked, Samus does circles in the air to attack too.

I was actually referring to Link's ground spinning sword attack.

Except... He's fighting a Nintendo character. Who he can indeed beat.

But they're fighting outside of the realm of Nintendo. Samus adapts much better to a realistic fighting atmosphere than does Link.

Who gives a damn about Sheppard? He's long gone.

He is... but he's still the greatest hero the galaxy has ever seen.

Rest in peace Commander Shepard, you served the galaxy well.

You say it as if Link is some slob on the battlefield. The two have shown to be equally athletic. Not to mention Link has his bombs, bombchu's, boomerang, arrows, hookshot, Deku nuts, I'm pretty sure he can still attack from a distance without magic.

Are you suggesting an arrow can pierce Samus's suit? I find that hard to believe.

About as well destroyed as he gets in Super Smash Bros. I presume.

I wouldn't consider Super Smash Bros. to be a great representative of any character's abilities.

I'm pretty well versed in both characters if I do say so. And the Cane of Byrna doesn't slow Link down or cut off his weapons. He's free to use arrows, bombs his sword beams and before you say Samus' armor can protect her, please spare us that nonsense. Because they don't do shit in Smash Bros. and in canonical games it can't hold off anything other than water.

Once again, Super Smash Bros. isn't a great representative. The game warps the powers of players and sometimes flat out invents new ones.

And in Canon games Samus is pitted against high tech enemies with high tech weaponry. Link loses health if a monster so much as touches him.

And I'm assuming that works as well as it does in Smash Bros. where Link fires a bow faster than a missile can reach him. :rolleyes:You sure he's defenseless?

Let's think logically, what would hit faster? A rocket propelled missile or an arrow fired from a stressed stick with a string on it?

Keep referencing Super Smash Bros. I'll reference reality.

A) He doesn't just stand around.

B) Their life is near equal with Link having magically enhanced health.
Yeah. About as well as how she fares touching anything with a sign of life in the Metroid games.

He has no shield and no armor. If he gets hit with an explosive attack he's going to be crippled, and energy attacks will badly burn him.

Haven't seen it work. And these two fight each other.

You haven't seen it work? What about your precious Super Smash Bros? Or, to reference canonical material, enemies that shoot lasers at Link? If he doesn't defend himself, he gets hurt. Translate that to someone with even more high powered weaponry and you can see how that would do serious damage.

Samus can go all day? Missiles have a limit. So do bombs. If the beams can be reflected by a Mirror Shield which can reflect fire, ice, light and anything that isn't physical, how is she going to fight?

Hand to hand? Energy attacks? Link can't block everything. He's not flawless. I'm not saying Samus can dodge everything either, but she's certainly well defended from the bulk of Link's attacks.

Ditto for Link. I'm saddened by how you ignore a lot of legitimate facts.

What "facts" have I ignored? I've responded to every single one of your objections with legitimate counter points.

What? No shelter? You think he can't find 5 seconds to drink the stuff? It's Samus, not Predator.
I'm sensing anger here.

Depends, if he can force Samus into cover and run away before Samus can spot him he might have a shot.

Shame. Because I believe this is a faaaar more even match than you give credit for. And it's pretty much the only reason I'm making such a huge post. I'm just curious, but how good is Samus in direct combat?
Really? Why? Because in my head, when two people who are evenly matched in stamina, agility, intelligence and such, I give the fight to the person who is better prepared. Samus is an exclusively ranged character. with her Screw Attack being her only means of short range attacks. Link has both range via his array of weapons and a dangerous close quarters fighter by virtue of his sword, hammer, shield and such. Anything Samus can do, Link can do. Except Link can do it up close too. Now stop whining about Sheppard and just admit this is a lot closer than you give credit to.

Lulz, who's whining about Shepard? I made one comment about wishing he was here instead of Samus and suddenly I'm whining? Typical knee jerk reactions from small minded people.

As for her hand to hand ability- Samus Aran is military trained, part of which includes hand to hand combat. She's also been shown to be able to be quite agile and flexible when wearing her Zero Suit, so she has that going to her. Whether she can pack a powerful punch is up to question, but when you're wearing a Power Suit, everything is going to hurt more. A lot more.

I also reckon Samus has an endurance advantage, as her power suit takes care of a lot of the effort she would normally put into fighting. She is also trained by the military to fight in space. Link is a dude that decided to be an adventurer. He has experience, but not formal training, and that's going to count for a lot in a fight against a real soldier.

And if you want to call the fight close I understand. Link has a lot of ways he can survive Samus's offense for a long time. I just don't see Link ever getting the opportunity to land one of his more effective attacks on Samus, and I don't think he'll be able to defend himself from Samus forever.

I haven't been following Link very closely in the tournament, but has anybody posed the question about his masks from "Majora's Mask"? Not only does Link have just as many - actually, quite a bit more - gadgets than Samus does, but if he has access to those masks (and why wouldn't he, they're a part of his basic inventory in that game), we're talking all sorts of fun transformations.

Fierce Deity Link gives him the helix-edged sword, which radiates energy beams off it with every slash. The obvious disadvantage is its 2-handed approach, but that at least gives Link a bunch of distance utility, outside his bow and mid-range bombs. The Zora mask is pretty useless, unless there's water involved. The Goron mask would be pretty useful, as it gives him some incredible strength and his punches become filled with fire. Stil, Fierce Diety or normal Link is probably his best bet.

Link has made a career out of dodging and attacking. Pretty much every boss comes down to the same formula: a) dodge, b) figure out the enemies pattern, c) attack. Samus has incredible utility both in short and long range, but I have faith in Link get the heck out of her way. He has just as much utility; boomerangs, bombs, etc. She has her whip, he has his claw.

Funny enough, these two happen to be my favorite Smash Bros. characters too. The only character I know more is Kirby, without a doubt.

Killam nailed it folks, Links masks get him over the line. Gorons are extremely well adversed in defense thanks to their rock like physique, but who knows if that will effect Samus' energy blasts so I'll leave that out, just saying its a possibility. Fierce Deity is very OP as he can easily deal with MM whilst regular link has some small difficulties with him and can shoot laser beams out of his sword again though it is a two handed sword and Link cannot use his other weapons when wearing Fierce Deity mask, so again that is close. However I don't think the shape altering masks like those mentioned make much of a major difference in the end, I think it is the other masks with minor advantages that help Link over. Theres the bunny hood which causes Link to be twice as fast and jump twice as high which would prove useful when dodging Samus. Also the Giants mask which you guessed it makes Link a giant, also useful for a strength standpoint.Then there is the blast mask which blows up when Link runs into things and has unlimited uses of it, and it won't damage Link if he does the right thing when using it (holding R, Link in this fight would do that).

Thats not the only thing not mentioned that gives Link an advantage, there is also the four sword, the Ocarina of Time and the Minish Cap. The Four Sword, if Link has it in this fight, would cause Link to split into four different versions of himself, all fully capable as the whole Link, and having four fighters would prove useful by attacking from several directions. The Ocarina of Time has an abundance of useful songs for Link to play and time appears to stand still when he plays the ocarina so he could use it to play some of the few songs that prove useful, although ill admit not many of the songs are useful in battle but it is still an option. Lastly the minish cap, if there was a minish portal anywhere in the battlefield or near it Link could use it to become minish, which is an extremely small thing the size of an ant. He could use that to sneak up to Samus and get in to her suit and mess up the systems, though that is unlikely. So Link does have all of these and many more advantages which I don't feel I need to talk about.

Did anyone read the bio? Maybe I'm a little touchy because I wrote it but this little part right here

Gunship-During her adventures Samus has employed a variety of gunships, all in the Hunter class. In addition to providing transport, her ship serves as a base on operations on the ground. It allows her to recharge her power suit and has a built in factory that allows her to replenish her ammo.

Samus would not run out of ammo, she just has to head back to her gunship and get more. Vehicles, with the exception of a few like KITT and Herbie, are not sentient beings, so they don't count as outside interference. Samus can hop in her gunship and refuel her ammo and health. Hell if she wanted she could just fly it and land on Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back