Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

Samus-vs-Shepard.png

Two very similar protagonists with some very similar powers. The blonde bombshell bounty hunter Samus Aran has firepower and tactical training to make most heroes jealous, but as a veteran of several galactic wars Commander Shepard knows a thing or two about weapons and tactics. It's a clash of technology and training against technology and training as these two space soldiers collide!

FIGHT!

This match easily goes to Commander Shepard. EASILY. Shepard has superiority to Samus in almost every area of combat, and will exploit them all to take her down.

Weaponry: Sure, Samus has heat seeking missiles, smart bombs, plasma blasts, and flamethrowers. Shepard has homing fire blasts, ice blasts, sticky bombs, plasma grenades, flamethrowers, guns that fire incendiary ammo, cryogenic ammo, armor piercing ammo, shredder ammo, and disruptor ammo. And those are just his traditional attacks. Once you dip into his technology based attacks, Samus is more than outmatched. I'll get into that later, though.

Armor: Samus's armor is exploitable to all sorts of damage. So is Shepard's, but his is much more durable. On top of being able to absorb insane amounts of damage before becoming compromised, it has kinetic barriers that will completely negate any and all types of damage before his suit even takes fire. I don't believe Samus has anything that compares to that.

Technologically advanced: Shepard's omnitool is what will win this match for him. With the press of a button he can overload Samus's suit and take all her weapons and support systems offline. Blind and helpless, Shepard will be able to walk right up to Samus and pump a few rounds into her face while she stands there and takes it.

Shepard wins this one with no problem.

Commander Shepard.

While I don't think it will be as one sided as Jiggles thinks, mostly due to Samus being very experienced as a lone wolf and Sheppard usually working best in a small team, Shepard has the tools to get the job done.

Both have top notch vehicles. Samus has her Gunship and Sheppard has the Normandy. Both have excellent weaponry and both come with their own personal armor. The problem is that Samus has to maintain control of her emotions in order for her Power Suit to function. Shepard can be a cold hearted bastard, while I always went Paragon, Shepard in full Renegade form is a hard ass who will straight kill your baby, and could easily make quips about Samus' parents being killed at a young age and cause her to lose her suit, it has happened to her in the past.

If that happens Samus is left with her ZeroSuit. While it is sexy, it offers no protection and her only weapon at that point is her Paralyzer, aka her stun gun. If she could even get in range to use it her best option at that point is running away, hoping her suit will regroup.

While she is trying to get in range Shepard has a bunch of options. Put a couple dozen rounds into her body with the assault rifle. Fire off a couple shotgun blasts into her chest. Score a head shot with his sniper rifle. He could even toy with her and use his pistol.

All in all Samus is tough, but her suit is too inconsistent to carry her past a man who routinely saves the galaxy.

Shepard has homing fire blasts, ice blasts, sticky bombs, plasma grenades, flamethrowers, guns that fire incendiary ammo, cryogenic ammo, armor piercing ammo, shredder ammo, and disruptor ammo. And those are just his traditional attacks. Once you dip into his technology based attacks, Samus is more than outmatched. I'll get into that later, though.

Um, you know Samus has access to most all of those as well, right?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Arm_Cannon

Armor: Samus's armor is exploitable to all sorts of damage. So is Shepard's, but his is much more durable. On top of being able to absorb insane amounts of damage before becoming compromised, it has kinetic barriers that will completely negate any and all types of damage before his suit even takes fire. I don't believe Samus has anything that compares to that.

Ahem HAZARD SHIELD.

I'll get back to you about the OmniTool's usefulness, but I just wanted to give Samus some ground to work with in written votes.

ALSO: LOL at people acting like Samus hasn't saved the galaxy many times over now. And unlike Shepard, she didn't need an army/gang to do it either. Metroids and Phazon radiation are a thing, bro.

:lmao:

Commander Shepard; The Reaper-slaying, Genopahge-curing, Cerberus-defeating, race-destroying, Council-rescuing, peace-making, Earth-retaking, Batarian-bitch slapping, bro-mancing, death-cheating, love-making, assault rifle (or what-the-fuck-ever you want) wielding, galaxy-saving N7 Legendary Human iconic soldier that cannot dance for shit. Is there a more accomplished human in this tournament? I think not. This guy bumps heads with Krogans for fuck's sake!

Samus Aran; Who?

Okay, I checked who Samus Aran is, turns out she's a bounty-hunting cop that can turn into a rather large ball, probably not as large as Shepard's balls, but still, pretty big.

Battle explanation; Shepard blows up Samus with the M-920 Cain after hitting her with a Stasis field. Shepard's kills people like this on his way to a real problem.

I would have voted Samus Aran until Other M. happened and she turned into a subservient female Mary Sue. She won't be able to use any of her weapons until her commander gives her the go-ahead, so I'm giving this one to Shep.

Originally voted for Samus, but after being reminded of Other M (which I never played) and reading the above arguments for Shepard, I'm second-guessing myself.
Still prone to hearing Samus arguments though- if there'll be any.

:lmao:

Commander Shepard; The Reaper-slaying, Genopahge-curing, Cerberus-defeating, race-destroying, Council-rescuing, peace-making, Earth-retaking, Batarian-bitch slapping, bro-mancing, death-cheating, love-making, assault rifle (or what-the-fuck-ever you want) wielding, galaxy-saving N7 Legendary Human iconic soldier that cannot dance for shit. Is there a more accomplished human in this tournament? I think not. This guy bumps heads with Krogans for fuck's sake!

Samus Aran; Who?

Okay, I checked who Samus Aran is, turns out she's a bounty-hunting cop that can turn into a rather large ball, probably not as large as Shepard's balls, but still, pretty big.

Battle explanation; Shepard blows up Samus with the M-920 Cain after hitting her with a Stasis field. Shepard's kills people like this on his way to a real problem.

You have no clue who Samus Aran is? Who the fuck gave you permission to ever come near videogames?

I really do hate the idea of going full-blown biased for anyone on this tourney, but damn. Ignorance, ignorance.

Samus is the first leading female character to come out of Nintendo in what is considered the biggest reveal to come out of an 8 bit videogame. Metroid was a hell of a Nintendo game that featured a fully open world and a then new password system. There's a reason she's ahead right now. She's POPULAR. And you're really lost if you don't know who she is. Over time Samus has been known as being the chick that destroys everything she goes by. Space stations, alien races, planets, eco-systems have all crumbled because of her over the course of the Metroid series. She also has a lot of mental issues straining from watching arch-enemy Ridley eat her parents alive and returning from the dead no matter how many times Samus kills him. She also has parental issues as she losses a total of 4 parental figures over the course of her life and that's not counting friends.

As far as abilities go, she is a natural hunter due to training since her youth and an instilled desire for revenge that would leave Batman shaking in fear. Her Power Suit is about as adaptive as her warrior mind, modifying via various artifacts (it's a lot of them) spread through the universe granting her:

* Flight via Space Jumps

* Wall and object penetrating beams

* Freezing weaponry

* Heat, acid, water, space and inter-dimensional fluctuation resistance

* The ability to generate pure energy via momentum. Whether it's by running or flipping in the air. The latter being capable of destroying anything under 10 feet per say on contact

* A long variety of projectile based weapons

* Short ranged nuclear bombs

Among her top feats:

* Crippling the ecosystem of SR388 by driving the Metroids to extinction. What are Metroids? Energy absorbing parasites and the once dominant species of the planet she eventually destroyed.

* Survived an X parasite. A creature capable of decomposing others on a cellular level and then using their DNA for their own purposes. Also drives them to extinction. After one of them mimics her and reproduces 10 times.

* Eliminates Phazon. A corrosive agent so powerful that it could warp a planet and split it in two. It was spread across an entire galaxy.

* Was giving gamers boners long before Chun Li and her legs showed up.

I could go on. Do your fucking research.

I would have voted Samus Aran until Other M. happened and she turned into a subservient female Mary Sue. She won't be able to use any of her weapons until her commander gives her the go-ahead, so I'm giving this one to Shep.
Yeah. Because Adam Malkovich is going to be ordering her in this match, violating tournament rules. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to argue Samus' offensive capability. She has it in spades. However if she comes under too much physical or emotional stress she loses control of her suit and is left with her Zero Suit and is basically useless.

If you played ME and decided to go Renegade with Shepard, you know he could be a cold hearted bastard who showed no remorse. He could easily taunt Samus about her parents. She lost control against Ridley and was defenseless, Shepard could easily trigger another PTSD related breakdown and she is easy picking at that point.

I'm not going to argue Samus' offensive capability. She has it in spades. However if she comes under too much physical or emotional stress she loses control of her suit and is left with her Zero Suit and is basically useless.

If you played ME and decided to go Renegade with Shepard, you know he could be a cold hearted bastard who showed no remorse. He could easily taunt Samus about her parents. She lost control against Ridley and was defenseless, Shepard could easily trigger another PTSD related breakdown and she is easy picking at that point.

I highly doubt he could cause said breakdown. It came from the fact that Ridley was alive and well again after she reaped her revenge and killed him personally after various encounters. Ridley has taunted her about her parent in comics and it does the polar opposite if memory serves. It was the only time said issues happened with the suit outside of a "Chozo test" within continuity. Smash Bros. shuts the suit off just for fanservice.

I highly doubt he could cause said breakdown. It came from the fact that Ridley was alive and well again after she reaped her revenge and killed him personally after various encounters. Ridley has taunted her about her parent in comics and it does the polar opposite if memory serves. It was the only time said issues happened with the suit outside of a "Chozo test" within continuity. Smash Bros. shuts the suit off just for fanservice.

Shepard has been able to sway and convince Synthetic beings to his side, despite their programming to tell them otherwise, convince an inter space bad ass agent that went rogue to come to terms with what he has done and commit suicide. He has also been able to bring peace between two race's that absolutely hate each other. Shepard's persuasion and his ability to read people and know exactly what to say to garner the response he would want gives him an edge over an enemy he is practically on-par with in technology and physical ability. In the games it is possible through dialog to give Shepard an edge over the enemy by insulting him, or lying to them.

You have no clue who Samus Aran is? Who the fuck gave you permission to ever come near videogames?

I gave me permission to go near video games.

I really do hate the idea of going full-blown biased for anyone on this tourney, but damn. Ignorance, ignorance.

I found out who she is, ignorance would have been not finding out who she is. I found who she is and what she's capable of, and would you look at that? Shepard still whips her ass.

As far as abilities go, she is a natural hunter due to training since her youth and an instilled desire for revenge that would leave Batman shaking in fear. Her Power Suit is about as adaptive as her warrior mind, modifying via various artifacts (it's a lot of them) spread through the universe granting her:

* Flight via Space Jumps

So she can fly? Okay, doesn't matter, but alright.

* Wall and object penetrating beams

Shepard has that.

* Freezing weaponry

Shepard has that.

* Heat, acid, water, space and inter-dimensional fluctuation resistance

Doesn't matter.

* The ability to generate pure energy via momentum. Whether it's by running or flipping in the air. The latter being capable of destroying anything under 10 feet per say on contact

...Again... doesn't matter. I really should have dropped a Rock joke in here somewhere.

* A long variety of projectile based weapons

Shepard has that.

* Short ranged nuclear bombs

Shepard has that too. I clearly haven't missed a lot from playing none of her games.

* Crippling the ecosystem of SR388 by driving the Metroids to extinction. What are Metroids? Energy absorbing parasites and the once dominant species of the planet she eventually destroyed.

"Crippling the ecosystem of SR388" sounds rather boring, let alone as impressive as defeating the Reapers.

* Survived an X parasite. A creature capable of decomposing others on a cellular level and then using their DNA for their own purposes. Also drives them to extinction. After one of them mimics her and reproduces 10 times.

Okay, she's resilient. It's not like Shepard isn't too but alright you're trying to sell me Samus Aran.

* Eliminates Phazon. A corrosive agent so powerful that it could warp a planet and split it in two. It was spread across an entire galaxy.

Again, does this matter when she's paralyzed and Shepard's about to blow her into the seventh circle of hell?

* Was giving gamers boners long before Chun Li and her legs showed up.

Okay? Didn't know giving gamers boners mattered at all here but if that's the case, FemShep has some pretty intimate moments you'll probably enjoy.

I could go on. Do your fucking research.

You should go on. Hearing about your erections over Samus Aran is a little amusing. I did my research. How about you calm down and try to concentrate a little bit harder next time you a read a post.

Same result fellas, Killjoy's slightly informative, but still very pointless post changes nothing.

Same result fellas, Killjoy's slightly informative, but still very pointless post changes nothing.

Really? The poll above shows otherwise. That she's really popular. Which was my point.
Again, does this matter when she's paralyzed and Shepard's about to blow her into the seventh circle of hell?
The closest thing I've seen to her being paralyzed is her walking on electrically charged water. Other than the slow loss of energy, she seems pretty OK waltzing by it.

Okay? Didn't know giving gamers boners mattered at all here but if that's the case, FemShep has some pretty intimate moments you'll probably enjoy.

Popularity again. Which is why she's winning.
You should go on. Hearing about your erections over Samus Aran is a little amusing. I did my research. How about you calm down and try to concentrate a little bit harder next time you a read a post.
Not a fan of people completely jumping on someone's bandwagon without a single clue of who's on the other side.

Really? The poll above shows otherwise. That she's really popular. Which was my point.

So... if this is a popularity contest, why do people complain about Batman & Goku's progress? Fuck, Goku hasn't even made any progress in this tourney but people bitch about him.

The closest thing I've seen to her being paralyzed is her walking on electrically charged water. Other than the slow loss of energy, she seems pretty OK waltzing by it.

That's not how she'd be paralyzed. Again, read my first post.

Popularity again. Which is why she's winning.

Oh, I got that. Joker going over Buffy should be a lot more acceptable now. Unless people wank over Sarah Michelle Gellar as well as Samus Aran.

Not a fan of people completely jumping on someone's bandwagon without a single clue of who's on the other side.

Is this another false accusation? I hope not. Thought you were a better poster than that. Even if you've just unintentionally confessed to using Samus Aran as wanking material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back