Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 2

megamanvssamus.png

In a battle of tech against tech, two videogame icons come face-to-face. Mega Man managed to outgun the alien hunter Ellen Ripley last round, while Samus barely edged out Commander Shepard for the title of top savior of the galaxy. Which future fighter will live to fight another day?

FIGHT!

Tough to say, but I think Samus has a small power edge over Megaman. both are very similar in style and choice of weapons, however I think Samus has a little more in her arsenal

The discussion thread said that Mega Man has access to his entire power list from Mega Man 1-10. Seeing as how massive and all the extra utility powers he can access that grant invulnerability he can pull past Samus.

Megaman has the advantage of a wider selection of attacks, with different applications. Samus has an impressive arsenal, but they tend to break down into either beam upgrades or missiles. However, Samus is much more maneuverable than Megaman, and could likely run laps around the robot.

I'm not sure where to go with this one.

Doesn't Samus have her gunship? Mega Man is powerful, but there really is no way he'd be able to counter that whilst trying to fight Samus.

I'm still unsure here but if Samus has her gunship it gives her a huge advantage over the definition of "glass cannon" without it, she's in serious trouble - mega man has too many abilities for her to counter.

Doesn't Samus have her gunship? Mega Man is powerful, but there really is no way he'd be able to counter that whilst trying to fight Samus.

I'm still unsure here but if Samus has her gunship it gives her a huge advantage over the definition of "glass cannon" without it, she's in serious trouble - mega man has too many abilities for her to counter.

From her bio...that I wrote.

Gunship-During her adventures Samus has employed a variety of gunships, all in the Hunter class. In addition to providing transport, her ship serves as a base on operations on the ground. It allows her to recharge her power suit and has a built in factory that allows her to replenish her ammo.

The combatants are allowed to use any vehicle that they have listed in their assets. The gunship is what puts Samus for the top for me in this battle. Even if Mega-man is able to rough her up she can get back to her ship to recharge. The Blue Bomber can't.

Plus if you want to be an asshole you could simply say she hops in her ship and lands on Mega-Man....game, set, match.

From her bio...that I wrote.

The combatants are allowed to use any vehicle that they have listed in their assets. The gunship is what puts Samus for the top for me in this battle. Even if Mega-man is able to rough her up she can get back to her ship to recharge. The Blue Bomber can't.

Plus if you want to be an asshole you could simply say she hops in her ship and lands on Mega-Man....game, set, match.

Well then, Mega Man is more fucked than Chyna...

Samus Aran to win!

I wouldn't underestimate Megaman's ability to take on Samus in her ship. Wily has come at him with a variety of vehicles designed specifically to take him out and he's still come out on top.

Damn. My two favorite videogame characters ever. Fighting each other. Fucking torn here. On one side, Megaman has far more weapons to his advantage. However, he has far less stamina than Samus. And physical contact is his enemy while it's one of Samus' best offenses because of her Screw Attack.

I see this going to Samus. Megaman has all sorts of weapons ranging from Metal Blades to Wood Shields and Centaur Flash and such, but Samus has Power Bombs, the Screw Attack is most likely far more agile. Not to mention she will have more health. Megaman could use a Rush Adapter for added firepower or mobility, but I don't that that much of a match for Samus' Super Missiles and other mass-impact attacks. And the Screw Attack is the deciding factor since it allows Samus to do the one thing Megaman can't. Spam-attack safely.

So, I personally feel like this is a pretty close match -- like people have been saying, a battle of power vs. stamina. There were just a few points I wanted to touch on though:

1. Does Screw Attack make Samus invulnerable to absolutely everything? I seem to recall playing Super Metroid and having some certain attacks still be damaging -- things like a boss slamming into you. I ask because as long as it's not perfect protection, I think Laser Trident would still be able to cause damage, being a weapon whose entire purpose is to bypass defenses.

2. While I would agree that an entire ship crashing into Mega Man would classify as an OHKO, is Samus really willing to demolish her main mode of transportation -- as well as a reliable source for resupplying -- in that way? And besides, even if she did choose to do so, I'm pretty sure Mega Man would be able to stop time for long enough to at least get out of its direct path, though without proper cover I imagine he'd still be taking some damage from the impact. (And of course if vehicles are allowed, then he'd have Rush Jet, Wire, etc -- as others have mentioned.)

3. How resistant is Samus to being sucked into a black hole? Mega Man has the Black Hole Bomb in this scenario, and I honestly have no real gauge as to whether or not I could expect Samus' armor to protect her from that. I would note that enemies who were usually indestructible could be killed with that weapon in the game that it was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back