Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 4

fury-vs-iron-man_zpsb7ebd039.png

Two of Marvel's Avengers take each other on as the leader of SHIELD takes on Tony Stark. Nick Fury was too much for The Doctor last round, while Iron Man blasted his way past another billionaire hero in Batman. Who will take this one and make it to the finals?

FIGHT!

Iron Man will take this one and make it to the finals. He is more powerful and more intense then Nick Fury. I say, if Iron Man can beat Batman, then he could beat Nick Fury. The poll is 12-0 for Iron Man. Lets make it a sweep.

Given time to prepare, I would vote for Nick Fury. As the head of SHIELD, he would necessarily have the knowledge and tools to take down every single Avenger should the need arise. However, because he doesn't have pre-knowledge about who his opponents will be, he does not have access to those tools. Its just him against Iron Man, as is. Can his guns penetrate Iron Man's armor? Without the tools of SHIELD to support him, does Nick Fury have anything capable of penetrating that armor? I am skeptical.

I have a question before I vote. Do we have to take the rule of no prep time/prior knowledge as literal? If so then I can't see how Fury beats Stark. If Fury is allowed to bring his knowledge of all things SHIELD into the fight, then I may be tempted to vote for him. Fury knows things that even The Avengers don't know and may be able to exploit a weakness that isn't widely known.

I have a question before I vote. Do we have to take the rule of no prep time/prior knowledge as literal? If so then I can't see how Fury beats Stark. If Fury is allowed to bring his knowledge of all things SHIELD into the fight, then I may be tempted to vote for him. Fury knows things that even The Avengers don't know and may be able to exploit a weakness that isn't widely known.

Fury is allowed to bring all his S.H.I.E.L.D. knowledge to the fight with him, he just isn't allowed to know that he's fighting Iron Man until the fight starts.

Fury would know how to beat Iron Man already based on past history. Problem is, when the bell rings(is there even a bell?) he would crap himself because he has no prep time to gather the toys he needs. Prior knowledge is great, but without a heads up before the battle- Fury wont have the weapons ready to get the job done. Most he could hope for here is to delay the inevitable. Iron Man brings the pain and blasts Fury out of this tournament.

If Nick Fury had prior knowledge that Iron Man was coming and had time to prepare, say a couple of days, then he could probably gather all the advanced weaponry he'd need to take on Stark from the SHIELD armory.

When it comes to straight up hand to hand fighting, Fury is easily the better fighter. Fury has spent virtually his entire century long life fighting wars against foreign countries, superhuman criminals and terrorist organizations. The problem is that Fury is just an ordinary man. He ages much slower than normal humans due to the Infinity Formula but that's the only thing remotely superhuman about him.

Tony Stark's Iron Man armor is sort of the Swiss Army Knife of superhero gadgetry. He practically has a different armor for whatever circumstances pop up. Aside from the various weaponry he has in his armors, they all grant him superhuman strength, stamina and resistance to physical injury. In the various Marvel handbooks, the armor is enough to boost Tony Stark's physical strength to the 100 ton level. If he hit a normal human like Nick Fury with only a fraction of of his strength, Fury would probably explode. There'd be little left of him except for bits of mangled body tissue that the entire cast of Bones wouldn't be able to identify.

Fury is resourceful and courageous. As I said, if he had time to prepare, then he could probably get his hands on some weaponry that would give him a change. If I'm not mistaken, SHIELD has exoskeleton suits of armor similar to Tony Stark's that some of their agents wear. They're not nearly as advanced but the technology behind them is roughly the same. If Fury could get his hands on one of those and some top weaponry, then he might honestly be able to beat Stark.

However, just going one on one as is, he has virtually no chance. The old soldier goes out bravely and fighting, but he does go out. Iron Man wins this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back