Semi Finals: The Incredible Hulk vs. Darth Vader

Who wins?

• The Incredible Hulk

• Darth Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how dense the Hulk is, using a lightsaber on him is the equivalent of using a blowtorch on steel, you will eventually cut through it. Bad news, it is likely to be stuck in Hulk's body leaving Darth wide open and that is game over for the former Anakin Skywalker!

Thing is though, Wolverine and X-23 who are both weaker than Vader and posessing weapons which are less effective at cutting than a lightsabre were able to cut into him. Vader is stronger than both and more effectively armed for the job. Especially since the lightsabre would slow Hulk's healing by severely damaging the surrounding flesh of his cuts. He's not going to find cutting through Hulk easy, but he would be able to do it. Whether he'd be able to do enough damage to Hulk to disable him before Hulk can land a decisive blow to is another question entirely and one I'm unsure about.

Thing is though, Wolverine and X-23 who are both weaker than Vader and posessing weapons which are less effective at cutting than a lightsabre were able to cut into him. Vader is stronger than both and more effectively armed for the job. Especially since the lightsabre would slow Hulk's healing by severely damaging the surrounding flesh of his cuts. He's not going to find cutting through Hulk easy, but he would be able to do it. Whether he'd be able to do enough damage to Hulk to disable him before Hulk can land a decisive blow to is another question entirely and one I'm unsure about.

Ah, we meet again, my friend.

The thing about Wolverine and X-23 is that their skin and general body structures are essentially human. Shoot then and the bullets penetrate. Bullets, missiles, lava etc do not even break his skin. As was stated in the extract from Wookipedia, Vader sustained a blow from a lightsaber that was absorbed by his armour; had Logan gotten the same blow in with his claws I would be amazed if they did not penetrate. The problem is that by description it is not a cutting weapon, it is a burning weapon and it burns it's way through what it encounters. Being able to endure the molten core of Sakaar would persuade me that a lightsaber wouldn't find it easy to work through his body.

As for a lightsaber doing more damage to the Hulk once (and if) it penetrates his skin, I would argue the opposite (shocking, huh?). The lightsaber cauterises the wound external and internal so he doesn't even have to counter the effects of blood loss or internal bleeding, neither is there the other dangers that open wounds can create. All his prestigious healing factor has to concentrate on is the internal damage that would be caused by any blade sharp enough to penetrate his hard assed hide.

The thing about Wolverine and X-23 is that their skin and general body structures are essentially human. Shoot then and the bullets penetrate. Bullets, missiles, lava etc do not even break his skin.

And adamantium claws can?

As was stated in the extract from Wookipedia, Vader sustained a blow from a lightsaber that was absorbed by his armour;

Do I need to remind you that energy can be absorbed?

had Logan gotten the same blow in with his claws I would be amazed if they did not penetrate.

They would have. Just like a they did Hulk. Now, what's your point?

The problem is that by description it is not a cutting weapon, it is a burning weapon and it burns it's way through what it encounters.

Yes, and so is a plasma cutter yet at the end of the day it cuts through steel like a knife through butter.

[YOUTUBE]V6_dxW4NpDU[/YOUTUBE]

This video aptly demonstrates the cutting power of a lightsabre.

Being able to endure the molten core of Sakaar would persuade me that a lightsaber wouldn't find it easy to work through his body.

Can you explain what you mean by "molten core" to me please? A planet has multiple layers beneath its crust, several of which are liquid and have different temperatures.

As for a lightsaber doing more damage to the Hulk once (and if) it penetrates his skin, I would argue the opposite (shocking, huh?). The lightsaber cauterises the wound external and internal so he doesn't even have to counter the effects of blood loss or internal bleeding, neither is there the other dangers that open wounds can create.

All of this is true, but before Hulk can attend to regrowing the missing chunks of his body, he'd got to destroy the layer of dead cells surrounding the wound. This would cause Hulk to start losing blood. Or if he heals around it, he's left with a load of scar tissue in the afflicted organ which is eventually going to start causing problems in its own right. And if he's able to cut deeply enough to start cutting into the muscle, or tendons Hulk's massive strength actually means he's more likely to worsen the damage to himself by ripping his own muscle apart.

All his prestigious healing factor has to concentrate on is the internal damage that would be caused by any blade sharp enough to penetrate his hard assed hide.

And if it's able to cut deeply enough to cause real damage, it's going to make the healing process that much more difficult.

I'm leaning towards the Hulk for this one. I feel that if anyone can stop Darth Vader it's him. As has been said, The Hulk is just crazy powerful and gets more powerful the longer this fight goes. If Vader tries to destroy Vader with the death by a thousand cuts, he's sure to be hit by one of Hulk's huge fists, and that would send him flying across the battlefield.

However, if Vader wins this one, it certainly wouldn't be undeserving. Barbosa in particular has brought up some excellent points about Vader's ability to pick his spots, to distract, retreat, and strike. I'm also with JGlass in that the lightsaber could cut through Hulk's skin but with some difficulty. The important thing here is that the lightsaber probably would be able to hurt Hulk and that his healing power might not be able to catch up if Vader strikes quickly enough.

This match would really be down to whether Vader could deliver enough hits to Hulk before Hulk grows too powerful for the Sith Lord. I personally don't think he could, but that doesn't mean it couldn't go either way.

I'm absolutely loving all the debates in this thread. Keep it up, folks, can't wait to read more.

Alright, here's my debut to the battle zone tournament. Didn't really want to post in here, but it's time to let out my inner star wars nerd.

Also, I'm really bad at arguing, so something that makes sense in my mind while I'm typing it might not make sense when you read it.

Darth Vader wins. Vader took down entire army's of planets during his reign as Palpetine's right hand man (not shown in the movies.) He took down the entire planet of Kashyyk with a few of his solders and himself. It is said that Vader killed over 34,000 jedi in his reign, whether youngling, padawan, knight, or master. If you think about it, jedi are known to be smart, and known to be masters of deception. Vader killed over 34,000 of them. He outsmarted many of them, and although I don't know much about the hulk, I don't think he's smarter than 34,000 jedi.

People are saying that Vader throwing stuff at Hulk will just make him angry. Well, think of this, if Hulk were to do the same thing back, than that will also anger Vader. Just remember this, remember that number I mentoined about, 34,000. All of those 34,000 victims were because of Vader's anger. Palpetine used Vader's rage to create him in to the best sith lord in star wars so far. Vader used his rage from his wife's death to defeat everyone (except for Luke obviously) that stepped in his path. Pissing Hulk off is one thing, but pissing Vader off led to the death of 34,000 jedi.

Vader has a lightsaber. Think of it, a lightsaber cuts through body parts of a normal human being like butter. Even though Hulk is more than a normal person, I just don't see a lightsaber not being able to cut through him. I will admit, it is technically impossible for Vader to just jump up to his head, but Hulk, just like everyone else has legs, and vader will chop through Hulk's legs just like any other. Hulk does not have anything that can stop a lightsaber, and even if Hulk is able to get it out of vader's hand, Vader can still use the force. He'll have it back in his hand before Hulk can even take a swing.

Hulk's weakness is a bad mental state. Vader will expose that easily. From first look, it doesn't seem like Hulk is that smart (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; I honestly have no idea), and Vader will expose that. Vader knows mind tricks, and Vader will use them. Vader used mind tricks to make Starkiller (a secret apprentice) obey him, and do his dirty work for a while. Starkiller was trained to be a jedi/sith since a very young age, and Vader played with his mind for years. Hulk's (assuming) lack of brain power will be no match for Hulk.

Also, for the arguement about Vader not being able to choke out Hulk because Hulk can survive in space, and underwater is just silly. Hulk is a HUMAN, it doesn't matter if he can jump hundreds of miles in one leap, if a force is yanking on your throat; causing air not being able to go down the throat (I'm kind of dumb too, so don't make fun of me if I sound stupid; I know I am), and prevents air from entering the lungs, he's going to fall unconscious, and die. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. I'll repeat it once more, HULK IS HUMAN.

Vader had swagger. After killing the great Roan Shryne on Kashyyk, Vader did not settle for anything less than what he wanted. Vader wanted to kill everyone in his path, and did so with little setbacks. Once Vader catches a wiff of Hulk, vader's mind is set on killing Hulk. Vader was also MILDLY unstable, and couldn't rest until his mission was completed. This mission to kill Hulk would be no different.

Also, Vader was a master at strategy. In his invasion of Kashyyk, were he was on a hunt to find the few jedi that made it out of order 66, he had to "call an audible" when almost directly after he landed, he found out that the wookies were ready, and saved up major weapons used in the clone wars. He took his 501st troop, and landed them on higher ground than the Wookies were on, and had his stormtroopers start firing. He than finally reached his goal, when the jedi SURRENDERED WILLINGLY to prevent any more Wookie casualties. If Hulk is to throw Vader off of his game plan, than Vader would find a way to reverse it in mid battle, as he showed on his invasion of Kashyyk.

JGLASS

Judging by how hard Yoda (who is one of the most powerful force users in the Star Wars universe I believe) has to concentrate to stop a pillar from falling in Star Wars Episode 2, I doubt Vader has the force abilities to use any sort of effective offensive Force attack against the Incredible Hulk. Stopping a stone pillar from falling is hard... but stopping Hulk is nearly impossible. Additionally, using the Force against Hulk would be very physically and mentally draining on Vader, and none of his Force attacks would be able to finish, or even really weaken Hulk for an extended period of time.

Yoda was seven hundred- eight hundred something years old during that. Just like athletes, jedi age, and grow weaker as they grow older. He barely escaped Count Dooku, a man whop not only he trained, and fought beside, but was defeated by two men who were trained by guys who he (Yoda) trained. Yoda in his prime would lift a stone pillar without much problem.

Anyways, sorry if some of the stuff I'm typing doesn't make much sense. I think something, and then sometimes write down something completely different. Anyways, I am a huge star wars nerd, and feel like Vader should definitely advance here. Would like to hear some reply's though; never really argued about anything much like this before (besides Deadliest Warrior stuff, which is a great show, and this got me thinking about a tournament with REAL warriors in it would be pretty cool.)

Just a couple of questions though. I feel like Vader could definitely be in the humans bracket. He was born as a human, and even after the mask, he is still a human. Oh well though, a human winning a supers bracket would be pretty cool. Also, you guys don't think you could have put maybe another Star Wars guy in this. I mean, off the top of my head, I could think of a few guys from Star Wars that could easily defeat some of the characters put in here quite easily. Ehhh, doesn't really matter though, just something that I would like to see. I really like this tournament though; great job Doc and Jglass!

In summary, VOTE VADER!!!!

Darth Vader wins. Vader took down entire army's of planets during his reign as Palpetine's right hand man (not shown in the movies.) He took down the entire planet of Kashyyk with a few of his solders and himself. It is said that Vader killed over 34,000 jedi in his reign, whether youngling, padawan, knight, or master. If you think about it, jedi are known to be smart, and known to be masters of deception. Vader killed over 34,000 of them. He outsmarted many of them, and although I don't know much about the hulk, I don't think he's smarter than 34,000 jedi.

And The Hulk took on and defeated most of Marvel's heros, outsmarted several of them, showed strategic thinking by imprisoning the people he defeats and withholding their powersand was on the verge of destroying the entire planet. When you're as powerful as Hulk is, brains take a step back to brawn.

People are saying that Vader throwing stuff at Hulk will just make him angry. Well, think of this, if Hulk were to do the same thing back, than that will also anger Vader. Just remember this, remember that number I mentoined about, 34,000. All of those 34,000 victims were because of Vader's anger. Palpetine used Vader's rage to create him in to the best sith lord in star wars so far. Vader used his rage from his wife's death to defeat everyone (except for Luke obviously) that stepped in his path. Pissing Hulk off is one thing, but pissing Vader off led to the death of 34,000 jedi.

And pissing Hulk off led to Super heros being forced to take part in gladiatorial combat for the amusement of The Hulk, Manhatten being ripped to shreds and the earth nearly being destroyed. Last I checked, Vader wasn't nearly that powerful.

Vader has a lightsaber. Think of it, a lightsaber cuts through body parts of a normal human being like butter.

Hulk is waaaay tougher than a normal person. Fecker's survived being nuked. If a lightsabre can get through, it's going to encounter a lot of resistance.

Even though Hulk is more than a normal person, I just don't see a lightsaber not being able to cut through him. I will admit, it is technically impossible for Vader to just jump up to his head, but Hulk, just like everyone else has legs, and vader will chop through Hulk's legs just like any other.

Why bother doing that? That's a waste of effort. If Vader is able to get a good shot at Hulk's one of Hulk's hamstrings he takes away a lot of Hulk's mobility. Lopping off an entire leg doesn't help him much and Vader doesn't have the time or effort to waste as it increases the likelyhood that Hulk will be able to get a hold of Vader and annihilate him.

Hulk does not have anything that can stop a lightsaber

Except being one tough motherfucker.

and even if Hulk is able to get it out of vader's hand, Vader can still use the force. He'll have it back in his hand before Hulk can even take a swing.

And if Hulk crushes the Lightsabre's hilt rendering it useless, I think we can agree that Vader would be fucked.

Hulk's weakness is a bad mental state. Vader will expose that easily. From first look, it doesn't seem like Hulk is that smart (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; I honestly have no idea), and Vader will expose that. Vader knows mind tricks, and Vader will use them. Vader used mind tricks to make Starkiller (a secret apprentice) obey him, and do his dirty work for a while. Starkiller was trained to be a jedi/sith since a very young age, and Vader played with his mind for years. Hulk's (assuming) lack of brain power will be no match for Hulk.

Hulk's actually very resistant to mental attacks and besides, if Vader stands still long enough to try to fuck with Hulk's damn near unfuckwithable mind he's going to meet the buisness end of Hulk's fist.

Also, for the arguement about Vader not being able to choke out Hulk because Hulk can survive in space, and underwater is just silly. Hulk is a HUMAN, it doesn't matter if he can jump hundreds of miles in one leap, if a force is yanking on your throat; causing air not being able to go down the throat (I'm kind of dumb too, so don't make fun of me if I sound stupid; I know I am), and prevents air from entering the lungs, he's going to fall unconscious, and die. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

It actually takes qhite a while for a choke on the windpipe to incapacitate someone. Blood's still getting to the brain, and there's still oxygen in the blood. Which leaves one conclusion. While Hulk's essentially holding his breath and Vader is concentrating intently on strangling Hulk he's leaving himself wide open for Hulk to send some debris his way.

HULK IS HUMAN.

A human that can survive having a nuke dropped on him.

Vader had swagger. After killing the great Roan Shryne on Kashyyk, Vader did not settle for anything less than what he wanted. Vader wanted to kill everyone in his path, and did so with little setbacks. Once Vader catches a wiff of Hulk, Vader's mind is set on killing Hulk. Vader was also MILDLY unstable, and couldn't rest until his mission was completed. This mission to kill Hulk would be no different.

And Hulk's got put in a rocket ship to Skaaro, came back to Earth and kicked the ass of most of the planet's heros. He's not exactly the most rational, non obsessive or stable minded character there is. Everything you said about Vader goes double for Hulk.

Also, Vader was a master at strategy. In his invasion of Kashyyk, were he was on a hunt to find the few jedi that made it out of order 66, he had to "call an audible" when almost directly after he landed, he found out that the wookies were ready, and saved up major weapons used in the clone wars. He took his 501st troop, and landed them on higher ground than the Wookies were on, and had his stormtroopers start firing. He than finally reached his goal, when the jedi SURRENDERED WILLINGLY to prevent any more Wookie casualties. If Hulk is to throw Vader off of his game plan, than Vader would find a way to reverse it in mid battle, as he showed on his invasion of Kashyyk.

That's a good point. However, it's going to take quite a strategy for Vader to take out Hulk on his own. Hulk's a physically tougher opponent than anyone Vader's ever faced and fights unlike anyone he's ever faced.

Just a couple of questions though. I feel like Vader could definitely be in the humans bracket. He was born as a human, and even after the mask, he is still a human. Oh well though, a human winning a supers bracket would be pretty cool. Also, you guys don't think you could have put maybe another Star Wars guy in this. I mean, off the top of my head, I could think of a few guys from Star Wars that could easily defeat some of the characters put in here quite easily. Ehhh, doesn't really matter though, just something that I would like to see. I really like this tournament though; great job Doc and Jglass!

The force counts as a superpower. Seeing as it grants telekinetic abilities among other benefits, they're right to put Vader in with the big boys.

And The Hulk took on and defeated most of Marvel's heros, outsmarted several of them, showed strategic thinking by imprisoning the people he defeats and withholding their powersand was on the verge of destroying the entire planet.
Vader took out an entire planet, where well more than 90 percent of the population are beasts that can kill you by grabbing your head, or chomping you on the head. Wookies are kind of like a small version of Hulk in my opinion, and Vader took down a whole planet of them.

When you're as powerful as Hulk is, brains take a step back to brawn.
The thing is with Vader, he has both. Only so, that Hulk's strength is outmatched by Vader's strategic intelligence.

And pissing Hulk off led to Super heros being forced to take part in gladiatorial combat for the amusement of The Hulk, Manhatten being ripped to shreds and the earth nearly being destroyed. Last I checked, Vader wasn't nearly that powerful.
34,000 jedi.

Hulk is waaaay tougher than a normal person. Fecker's survived being nuked. If a lightsabre can get through, it's going to encounter a lot of resistance.
[YOUTUBE]xmR1ee223zQ[/YOUTUBE]
A saber took out those animals like cake. That was too easy.

Why bother doing that? That's a waste of effort. If Vader is able to get a good shot at Hulk's one of Hulk's hamstrings he takes away a lot of Hulk's mobility. Lopping off an entire leg doesn't help him much and Vader doesn't have the time or effort to waste as it increases the likelyhood that Hulk will be able to get a hold of Vader and annihilate him.
With 1-no legs he wouldn't be able to. Vader also has a saber throw that he can use to chop off the legs while still keeping his distance.

Except being one tough motherfucker.
So was Obi wan, Starkiller and his clones, Darth Maul's clone, Sidious, Siadem Forte, Iwo Kulka, and the many other that FELL at the cold; dark hands of Vader.

And if Hulk crushes the Lightsabre's hilt rendering it useless, I think we can agree that Vader would be fucked.
Don't think someone who trained with a lightsaber for over 30 years would let that happen.

Hulk's actually very resistant to mental attacks and besides, if Vader stands still long enough to try to fuck with Hulk's damn near unfuckwithable mind he's going to meet the buisness end of Hulk's fist.
Again, Vader's trained for over 30 years to mindfuck the shit out of guys like the Hulk.

It actually takes qhite a while for a choke on the windpipe to incapacitate someone. Blood's still getting to the brain, and there's still oxygen in the blood. Which leaves one conclusion. While Hulk's essentially holding his breath and Vader is concentrating intently on strangling Hulk he's leaving himself wide open for Hulk to send some debris his way.
If Hulks trys to attack when Vader is choking him, than he's using more energy, which allows the choke to feel tighter around Hulk's windpipe; this just making a quicker kill.

A human that can survive having a nuke dropped on him.
That's all that I need.
And Hulk's got put in a rocket ship to Skaaro, came back to Earth and kicked the ass of most of the planet's heros. He's not exactly the most rational, non obsessive or stable minded character there is. Everything you said about Vader goes double for Hulk.
That has to do with Vader's swagger, and how he doesn't settle for anything less than perfect how?
That's a good point. However, it's going to take quite a strategy for Vader to take out Hulk on his own. Hulk's a physically tougher opponent than anyone Vader's ever faced and fights unlike anyone he's ever faced.
Vader wiped out an entire galaxy of jedi just about by himself. I think he'll be fine on strategy.

The force counts as a superpower. Seeing as it grants telekinetic abilities among other benefits, they're right to put Vader in with the big boys.
Thanks.

I voted Hulk, I think the Force cannot hold him for long. The guy is just too powerful. Not only did he and the Sentry fought to a no contest but Hulk has defeated Thor and all the Gods in Valhalla (sorry not a Thor expert) destroyed the Rainbow Bridge or whatever. You can nuke him, you can drop a building on him, you can shoot him with all the lightning in the universe, but if it makes Hulk madder it just makes him stronger.

I would even go out on a limb and think that Hulk's body would somehow absorb force power and make him even stronger, negating Vader's use of it. Hulk might geta lightsaber to the face, but Hulk would heal and then with one punch turn Vader into scrap.

Hulk wins this one.

Here is the one thing that I've took from this. Vader is a vengeful bastard that from what I've seen in the movies has done most of his fighting hand to hand with a light saber. Sure he also uses the force and it's powers. But how the fuck does Vader do anything with his light saber outside of throw range. While Hulk "Technically" doesn’t have weapons outside of his hands. What does Vader gain from throwing a light saber at a Monster that can jump what a thousand feet straight up? I'm pretty sure hulk coming down from that jump would annihilate anything within more than a 100 feet radius. Or even more than that if he's pissed.

I'm not a Star wars fan, I'm just a casual fan. But Hulk has broke through force fields before. And broke energy barriers, how does a force push measure up to that. Hulk isn't Sonic or the flash. But what's stopping him to out speed Vader and just crush his ass.

When his anger increases not only does his power. But his durability, regeneration, and endurance. So let Vader try to fuck with him for a while, and use his Superior brain to draw this battle out. When he throws that red hunk of shit at Hulk it will just bounce off his forehead.

Unless anyone brings up anything new or asks a specific question, I am going to make this my last post in this thread as I think we are just starting to go around in circles and that could easily be the start of a degeneration of what has been a good debate.

I have no doubt that the Hulk could punch through Vader's Force shield and stand up to anything but perhaps the most concentrated of Force Pushes, something which Vader will not have the time to do. However, I would say that Hulk has no defence against Vader's telekinesis - this is where Yoda's mantra of "Size matters not" comes into its own. The Hulk might be big and dense but Vader would have no problem lifting him with the Force and throwing him into something or throwing him far away.

As I have said, this will not defeat the Hulk but Vader does not need his Force powers to incapacitate the Hulk, only to distract him. Flying rocks, mind probes and perhaps the most dangerous sand in the eyes to keep the Hulk off balance are all that Vader needs out of his Force powers. The Hulk's nearly irresistibleforce need only be redirected to keep Vader safe - rather than a head-on Force Push, why not a slight push to the Hulk's trailing leg as he rushes forward? He trips himself up, giving Vader the opportunity for a hit and run attack. The Dark Lord has all of the Force tricks to use the Hulk's strength, power and moment against him. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Could such distractions and frustrations enrage the Hulk and make him more and more dangerous? Absolutely. Anyone that fights the Hulk runs that same risk but as with Wolverine, such uncontrolled rage makes the Hulk an easier target for a skilled duelist like Vader. Even the most momentary loss of concentration from the Hulk and he incurs a debilitating injury or perhaps even a maiming injury such as a lost hand, as Vader's lightsabre would have no problem carving through his wrist (this is something particularly likely as the Hulk does like to throw his fists). Indeed, even the Hulk's usual headlong charge could leave him open to a vital injury as Vader could Force Jump up at the last moment, exposing the Hulk's head and neck.

Does the Hulk really have a history of just annihiliating places if he is not getting his own way, despite being a hero? I suppose it is possible but despite his cyborg form, Vader is still agile and durable enough to survive such a strike and has fought in inhospitable and awkward places on many occasions and has proven a master of various environments.

Choose style, techique and guile over brute force.

Choose the Dark Side.

Why do people keep bringing up Wolverine? Regenerative powers, resistance to mental controls and being bad tempered is as far as it goes. Wolverine isn't in Hulk's ball park power wise and his rages might turn him into a forceful whirl blast but it doesn't do squat for his strength.

Okay, as I've stated previously, I am using WW Hulk in this encounter and Vader just doesn't stand up to this incarnation. Kot asked about his ability to resist heat (heat resistance is incredibly pertinent as saber's basically burn through their targets). CSP brought up Vader taking down a planet of 34k people. I'll address both through the happenings in Planet Hulk. Hulk was blasted into space by the Illuminati, basically the leaders of Earth's leaders of their greatest teams, aimed to land on a planet with no intelligent life where he could live his life in peace. The planet is inhabited with superpowered beings of different races and abilities. Hulk overcomes everything put in his way until he comes up against the Red King who possesses a number of similarities to a certain Sith Lord - he has an incredible sword and an immensely powerful suit. When the suit and the sword can't get the job done he attempts to destroy his own planet by breaking the bonds of the continental plate. Hulk dives into the planets magma (that's melted rock!) and swims down and pulls the plates back together again, having performed this task he doesn't even take a moments breather on return to the surface before taking the Red King out. Not sufficient to prove his resistance to heat? Having brought peace to Sakaar, Hulk has his heart broken when the warp core of his ship detonates and the force from this wipes out the whole planet's million population except from his Warbound who were a long distance from the blast and manage to get into their spaceship before the now molten planet could take them - Hulk on the other hand received the FULL impact of the blast and received not a mark. When facing the Sentry he is hit with the power of a million exploding suns and he still kept coming. A saber will not go through the World Beater quickly and if Vader is that close, he is SOL because Hulk will pop his head like a grape.

I'm going to be lazy because I've already covered how ineffective Force Powers are to Hulk earlier in this round. What I will add is that if Vader attempts to lift Hulk, one clap of the behemoth's mighty mitts and he'll be sent flying head over tit - good luck maintaining that hold on him.

[YOUTUBE]xmR1ee223zQ[/YOUTUBE]
A saber took out those animals like cake. That was too easy.
Erm, one tusk was cut off and the saber was dropped in the act (are you sure you used the right clip?) - people have broken teeth on hard boiled sweets, this isn't a great defence.
The Hulk may be psychotic but he isn't suicidal. He will not stand there and let Vader hit him and whether he swings his hands or the sword he carries as the World beater the concussive force of the collision will sent the lightsaber flying and Vader's (albeit ultra slim) chance goes with it.

Why do people keep bringing up Wolverine? Regenerative powers, resistance to mental controls and being bad tempered is as far as it goes. Wolverine isn't in Hulk's ball park power wise and his rages might turn him into a forceful whirl blast but it doesn't do squat for his strength.

Okay, as I've stated previously, I am using WW Hulk in this encounter and Vader just doesn't stand up to this incarnation. Kot asked about his ability to resist heat (heat resistance is incredibly pertinent as saber's basically burn through their targets). CSP brought up Vader taking down a planet of 34k people. I'll address both through the happenings in Planet Hulk. Hulk was blasted into space by the Illuminati, basically the leaders of Earth's leaders of their greatest teams, aimed to land on a planet with no intelligent life where he could live his life in peace. The planet is inhabited with superpowered beings of different races and abilities. Hulk overcomes everything put in his way until he comes up against the Red King who possesses a number of similarities to a certain Sith Lord - he has an incredible sword and an immensely powerful suit. When the suit and the sword can't get the job done he attempts to destroy his own planet by breaking the bonds of the continental plate. Hulk dives into the planets magma (that's melted rock!) and swims down and pulls the plates back together again, having performed this task he doesn't even take a moments breather on return to the surface before taking the Red King out. Not sufficient to prove his resistance to heat? Having brought peace to Sakaar, Hulk has his heart broken when the warp core of his ship detonates and the force from this wipes out the whole planet's million population except from his Warbound who were a long distance from the blast and manage to get into their spaceship before the now molten planet could take them - Hulk on the other hand received the FULL impact of the blast and received not a mark. When facing the Sentry he is hit with the power of a million exploding suns and he still kept coming. A saber will not go through the World Beater quickly and if Vader is that close, he is SOL because Hulk will pop his head like a grape.

I'm going to be lazy because I've already covered how ineffective Force Powers are to Hulk earlier in this round. What I will add is that if Vader attempts to lift Hulk, one clap of the behemoth's mighty mitts and he'll be sent flying head over tit - good luck maintaining that hold on him.

Erm, one tusk was cut off and the saber was dropped in the act (are you sure you used the right clip?) - people have broken teeth on hard boiled sweets, this isn't a great defence.
The Hulk may be psychotic but he isn't suicidal. He will not stand there and let Vader hit him and whether he swings his hands or the sword he carries as the World beater the concussive force of the collision will sent the lightsaber flying and Vader's (albeit ultra slim) chance goes with it.

Yeah it was probably the wrong clip; I didn't watch it; I just assumed it was what I was looking for.

Also, Vader doesn't have to go close to Hulk to hit him with the saber. Vader has a saber throw; he's smart; he knows that if he's up close with Hulk for too long than he will get crushed. As I and Barbosa said before, he's a master at strategy, and he will find a strategy, no matter if it's before, or mid match, he will find a strategy that will either blindside Hulk, or sit him where he can't hit back. Vader was a master at that, and that's what made him nearly unbeatable.

Yeah it was probably the wrong clip; I didn't watch it; I just assumed it was what I was looking for.

Also, Vader doesn't have to go close to Hulk to hit him with the saber. Vader has a saber throw; he's smart; he knows that if he's up close with Hulk for too long than he will get crushed. As I and Barbosa said before, he's a master at strategy, and he will find a strategy, no matter if it's before, or mid match, he will find a strategy that will either blindside Hulk, or sit him where he can't hit back. Vader was a master at that, and that's what made him nearly unbeatable.

During WW Hulk, the Green Scar out thinks Black Bolt, Prof X, Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Dr Strange - and they all had tricks up their sleeves and backups that Darth doesn't. Vader has no idea who Hulk is or what his abilities are and hasn't even faced a facsimile, this is uncharted country for him. Hulk has faced Dr Doom, a character very similar to Vader (even aesthetically) and he has faced many many guys who try strategy and evasive tactics - if anyone is prepared for this battle, it's ole Green Skin.

Vader didn't know that when he attacked Kashyyk, that the Wookies knew he was coming, he also didn't know that there was a kid hiding in a hut who had as much strentgh in the force as he did when he was a kid. What did Vader do? He picked out a strategy that destroyed the Wookies, and then he defeated a jedi, and found an apprentice, that was his pawn for a very long time. Vader doesn't need to know anything about Hulk, because as I said before, he can "call an audible," and defeat the big man. It wouldn't be the first time he was surprised, or the first time that he would have to mix up his strategy.

Vader didn't know that when he attacked Kashyyk, that the Wookies knew he was coming, he also didn't know that there was a kid hiding in a hut who had as much strentgh in the force as he did when he was a kid. What did Vader do? He picked out a strategy that destroyed the Wookies, and then he defeated a jedi, and found an apprentice, that was his pawn for a very long time. Vader doesn't need to know anything about Hulk, because as I said before, he can "call an audible," and defeat the big man. It wouldn't be the first time he was surprised, or the first time that he would have to mix up his strategy.

First off, he knew about Wookies and their capabilities. Secondly, he'd be a poor leader if he didn't expect a neutral planet to pick sides at some stage (and as they were harbouring renegade Jedi, I know I'd be on my guard). Thirdly, he was hunting for Jedi, not really a surprise to find them. And finally, you find someone with the potential to be as strong or stronger than you - it's only common sense to have them with rather than against you. His tactics to recruit Luke weren't exactly spectacular though.

This still doesn't address that he has never encountered anything like the Hulk, whereas the is nothing he possesses that can surprise the Hulk.

Beating the Hulk can't be done in one fight. You can hurt him and wear him down, but never beat him in a single battle.

Fighting Hulk is a war, just like fighting an entire country and it doesn't happen overnight. It's a culmination of strategy and tactics employed over time. It's a learning process of testing and figuring out what works and what doesn't. As long as Darth Vader learns what works and what doesn't from each battle, his odds keep improving until he finds success.

The downfall that Vader has in this match up is that it is a single battle, not multiple ones. Vader doesn't have the luxury of learning from previous match-ups and putting pooling more resources in his fight against Hulk.

This battle is one and done and because Darth Vader cannot learn what strategies and attacks work against the Hulk, he is doomed to be defeated.

Hulk advances

Vader tossing his light saber is easily avoided by Hulk's Thunderclap which is said to be more powerful than the most fierce hurricane in history and often compared to a sonic boom. Hulk's thunderclap wouldn't only send the light saber flying across the room, but Vader as well

diablothunderclap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back