• The Incredible Hulk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round 3

capvshulk.png

Two of Marvels greatest and most iconic heroes face off in this one, as the battle tested Captain America goes toe to toe with the powerhouse Hulk. Does Captain America and his mighty shield have what it takes to get passed the Not-So Jolly Green Giant, or does the Incredible Hulk prove why he earned his nickname by defeating America's greatest hero.

FIGHT!

Cap's luck runs out here, I'm sure he'll get plenty of shots in and frustrate the Hulk but that is basically the last thing you want to do to the behemoth. Hulk wins and the Living Legend leaves having made an excellent statement for the fighting spirit of the good ole US.

Hulk here guys, I like Capt I really do. But what does Capt have that Hulk dosen't? A cool shield, that's about it guys. Hand to hand hulk would just ruin him, we've seen what Hulk can do to the military before in the past. Capt. Could call in ww2 battleships with 16 inch guns to fire on the Hulk, and he would still live. But Capt can't even do that in this battle. I would be in Captian America's best intrests to just quit before it even starts.

What the shit? Seriously?

Alright, let's do a tale of the tape.

You have Dr. Bruce Banner on one corner, capable of augmenting his strength once he's the Hulk. This ability helps him in handy once he's transformed into Hulk, and it makes him a tough challenge for Captain America (no, he doesn't get bigger like in the movies).

Erstwhile, Captain America has himself years of fighting experience, and has been compared to Taskmaster, Daredevil, Wolverine, etc. in terms of fighting abilities (not in any direct manner through comics, mind. Just as a general comparison when it comes to that and I think Cap has fought Wolverine on some occasions but I might be wrong.) And he has his shield, a mixture of Vibraium and Iron. Something to point out, Hulk's skin can be pierced by it (I can be wrong but I need an expert on the comics to let me know). Also, Super Serum comes into play here. The serum basically nulls out toxins, which gives Captain America a fuckton of endurance.

I'm voting for Cap.

What the shit? Seriously?

Alright, let's do a tale of the tape.

You have Dr. Bruce Banner on one corner, capable of augmenting his strength once he's the Hulk. This ability helps him in handy once he's transformed into Hulk, and it makes him a tough challenge for Captain America (no, he doesn't get bigger like in the movies).

Erstwhile, Captain America has himself years of fighting experience, and has been compared to Taskmaster, Daredevil, Wolverine, etc. in terms of fighting abilities (not in any direct manner through comics, mind. Just as a general comparison when it comes to that and I think Cap has fought Wolverine on some occasions but I might be wrong.) And he has his shield, a mixture of Vibraium and Iron. Something to point out, Hulk's skin can be pierced by it (I can be wrong but I need an expert on the comics to let me know). Also, Super Serum comes into play here. The serum basically nulls out toxins, which gives Captain America a fuckton of endurance.

I'm voting for Cap.

Defeating Wolverine in hand to hand is one thing, because they match up physically, Hulk begins with the ability to lift approx 90 tonnes and his upper limit is yet to be seen. Cap is basically as strong as a human can be so that places him in around the quarter tonne region.

Caps shield is not edged so it will not break Hulk's skin.

Both guys can pretty much go forever as far as stamina is concerned but Hulk has very high regenerative powers whereas Cap only has the top level human recovery. All physical damage will slow Wing Head.

Cap will make it a fight, in that he will prolong the inevitable. His shield can severely dampen the force of Hulk's punches and I'm sure he'll get plenty of punches, kicks and shield strikes in but, in the end, he is incapable of doing lasting harm and Hulk will ultimately win.

Think Captain America isn't strong enough to kick some big green ass?

captain-america-vs-batman-11336.gif

And there's more where that came from.

Captain America has some moves. His super strength isn't much compared to Hulk's strength, but Hulk is a big brute with all power and no pop. He smashes stuff, it's what he does, and it's what he loves to do, but Captain America is a warrior, and warriors know how to avoid getting smashed. They know when and where to kick, what to expect and how to counter it.

Warriors can beat brutes any day of the week, which is why something like this...

hulkvscap06.jpg

Would happen.

Cap all the way.

One kick in the face does not a battle win, señor. Plus that particular story looks more than slightly vintage.

Look at the amount of Earth's heros who were powerless to stop the green behemoth in WW Hulk - not even the Sentry could do it. As I said earlier, Steve'll put up one hell of a fight but, in the end, Hulk will prevail. At the end of the day, he has no Achilles heel for Cap to exploit.

One kick in the face does not a battle win, señor. Plus that particular story looks more than slightly vintage.

1969 to be exact. What's your point? It's not like they were two entirely different heroes back then. Hulk was still a nearly unstoppable Green monster, and Captain America was still the shield wielding, ass kicker we all know and love.

That kick to the face was only a taste of what Cap could do. He proved he can stop Hulk's offense by throwing his shield through the rock Hulk was planning on using for smashing, and he proved he knows how to use offense effectively against the Hulk. Anything Hulk tried to do, Cap knew how to counter it, and eventually those strikes would add up and Hulk would either retreat so as not to lose the fight, or he'd eventually get knocked down and Cap would pummel him with his shield until Hulk was knocked out.

Look at the amount of Earth's heros who were powerless to stop the green behemoth in WW Hulk - not even the Sentry could do it. As I said earlier, Steve'll put up one hell of a fight but, in the end, Hulk will prevail. At the end of the day, he has no Achilles heel for Cap to exploit.

Wasn't he like, mystically imbued with power during WW Hulk from some of his Warbound allies? He's not going to have access to this amount of power in this fight, he'll just be regular ol' Hulk. While that's still nothing to sneeze at (hell, he's probably the strongest earthly creature in the Marvel Universe), Cap knows how to beat him.

I don't see what's so hard to grasp here. Captain America wins!

1969 to be exact. What's your point? It's not like they were two entirely different heroes back then. Hulk was still a nearly unstoppable Green monster, and Captain America was still the shield wielding, ass kicker we all know and love.

That kick to the face was only a taste of what Cap could do. He proved he can stop Hulk's offense by throwing his shield through the rock Hulk was planning on using for smashing, and he proved he knows how to use offense effectively against the Hulk. Anything Hulk tried to do, Cap knew how to counter it, and eventually those strikes would add up and Hulk would either retreat so as not to lose the fight, or he'd eventually get knocked down and Cap would pummel him with his shield until Hulk was knocked out.

Wasn't he like, mystically imbued with power during WW Hulk from some of his Warbound allies? He's not going to have access to this amount of power in this fight, he'll just be regular ol' Hulk. While that's still nothing to sneeze at (hell, he's probably the strongest earthly creature in the Marvel Universe), Cap knows how to beat him.

I don't see what's so hard to grasp here. Captain America wins!

Damn JG, I don't know whether to love or hate ya! I had to go and find all my Planet Hulk and World War Hulks (and I've been collecting comics for 30 years). No, the Warbound did not contribute to Holku's prowess. He was capable of fixing a planet whilst getting deep fried by lava. He beat a full out Sentry, Hulkbuster Iron Man, a souped up Dr Strange, the Fantastic Four and more aliens and superheros than you can shake a stick at. He was also intelligent, unlike the '69 version and far stronger. Just stomping his feet in bad temper was sufficient to cause strong tremors up and down the eastern seaboard. He was stabbed repeatedly, hit repeatedly by the hardest shots of the Earth's most powerful heroes, provided sustenance to an entire race and just healed himself and kept on coming. Cap doesn't have the shots to take out this Hulk. We have to have some degree of reality and even the most perfect human specimen has no chance against a guy who can repair a planet from within.

How is this tied. I have three words for everyone voting for the Captain. World War Hulk. There is zero, and I mean zero chance of the Captain taking down that iteration of Hulk. Maybe if he had some help from someone, Captain would have a chance. Alone, he's practically dead.

How is this tied. I have three words for everyone voting for the Captain. World War Hulk. There is zero, and I mean zero chance of the Captain taking down that iteration of Hulk. Maybe if he had some help from someone, Captain would have a chance. Alone, he's practically dead.

This is the problem!

What Hulk and what Captain America are we talking about? Because we can talk about the Captain America who didn't have the Super Serum in him at some point, or had superhuman strength due to some poison mixing with the Serum. We can also be talking about any of the Hulk incarnations. There are way too many integers to say such a thing. Because I can put it to you that the Captain America who was given superhuman strength due to some event that he had with Viper, I believe (again, I could be wrong). It's better to have a set idea about which Hulk and which Cap we're talking about. I still say that Captain can outsmart Hulk, which he's potentially capable of.

This is the problem!

What Hulk and what Captain America are we talking about? Because we can talk about the Captain America who didn't have the Super Serum in him at some point, or had superhuman strength due to some poison mixing with the Serum. We can also be talking about any of the Hulk incarnations. There are way too many integers to say such a thing. Because I can put it to you that the Captain America who was given superhuman strength due to some event that he had with Viper, I believe (again, I could be wrong). It's better to have a set idea about which Hulk and which Cap we're talking about. I still say that Captain can outsmart Hulk, which he's potentially capable of.

Great question Sir! For me, I have used the strongest 'normal' incarnations of each combatant and, quite simply, Cap's strongest incarnation cannot beat the 'World Beater'. Why? Because, in the end, he is only finally beaten in WW Hulk when he demands that Stark uses a weapon that would be against the rules in this tournament (before he destroys the Earth), a mega ray from several armed satellites.

I equate this to a George Foreman fight. His opponent can run all he wants, but eventually he's going to run out of room. Hulk has to hit Cap once and this is over. That's it. Cap may be the Super Soldier but he can't take a shot that can crack a mountain. This will be a long one and Cap can get in a few shots, but he runs out of room eventually and Hulk takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back