Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Semi-final matches are conducted under cage match rules - The winning team will the team who both climb over the cage and touch the floor first.
  2. Polls will open immediately
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.

34o1tg2.jpg

Semi final One
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN & KURT ANGLE
"Bald Eagles"
vs.
CHRIS JERICHO & BRET HART
"Lionhart"

The Seim0final stages finally get under way as two mega-star teams face up in a Cage match. The winning team will be the team who can both climb over the cage and touch the floor before their opponents.

Who will advance to the final and who will be going home?​

So it's the Bald Eagles now. Anyway, I'm going with them here as these are the matches that Jericho knows how to lose in. Hart will be able to escape though, but Austin and Angle will have no problem handling Jericho. I see the match ending when Austin escapes the cage last with Jericho still inside.

I think I am going to cat my vote for Chris Jericho and Bret Hart for the simple reason that I believe them both to be slightly more athletic than Stone Cold Steve Austin is. As I indicated in the opening post, this match can only be won by both men climbing over the steel cage and not by a pin-fall. That being said, I can't see Austin getting over the cage before Jericho and Hart.

However, this is as close a match as can be and one that I would have loved to have seen. Chemistry wise, I think that Jericho and Hart would have the advantage, I have to believe that they would work as a team more efficiently than the Bald Eagles. Both of the teams are great but the stipulation really lends itself to LionHart and that is what the telling factor would be in this match.

I'm going for LionHart.

Lionhart, reluctantly. I do quite like the Bald Eagles, I'm of the opinion that Kurt Angle may be the best wrestler in the world at the moment and Austin wasn't bad either. I think the Canadians will be too much for them though.

Without doing any research, I feel like they have the kayfabe edge because Jericho has beaten Austin and the Rock in the same night yadda, yadda, yadda and Hart wrassled a great match against Austin back in the day, and it was a victory. Close call though.

I Do Appreciate the Name Change Dave.

Anyway, I Give My Vote to Bald Eagles. All These Men Have Wrestled in a Fair Amount of Cage Matches So I Don't Think the Match Favours Anyone In particular. Hart & Jericho do have some chemistry but it's already been established that they haven't worked together too often. Angle & Austin have a mutual respect for one another that means that they'll get along, kind of in a way that Benoit & Angle did.

I say that those Bald Eagles Take This.

Austin and Angle already wow the audience when the roof of Escuela Secundaria y Preparatoria de la Ciudad de México, located in México, blasts open, the Star Spangled giant robot constructed entirely out of beercans landing at the entrance, and as it sits there in stunned silence, it's tinted chest...EXPLODES! The breaking glass signals the theme, and Stone Cold and Angle march out of the descending stairs, Austin flippin' the Eagle to massive applause, partly out of fear. This entrance is rivaled, however, by Jericho and Bret Hart each riding a giant lion who's mane is constructed from golden thread, as Rhapsody's "The Last Winged Unicorn" blares throughout the poor quality Mexican high school speakers.

The match itself is five-star, reversals, bad blood(though high respect, strangely!), finisher reversals, finishers being LANDED, and all men being busted open at some point. However, in the end, the technical mastery of Hart and Jericho overwhelm the two baldies, and the two men begin climbing, side by side along the same wall. It is a long, hard battle, well deserved, this has been a hell of a hard fough-

EXCEPT IT ISN'T OVER! Austin staggers to his feet, runs up between them, plants his feet on the cage top as he grabs each men in an upper headlock, and BACKFLIPS OFF THE WALL, LANDING A FLIPPING DOUBLE-STUNNER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! Angle can't believe it, eyes wide! The Bald Eagles nod, and gasping, taking ragged breaths, both of them, they begin climbing, and land on the other side, signaling the win, even as Hoptimus Prime celebrates with a Laser Skynyrd show for the excited audience.

Austin and Angle win.

I picked JericHart because I'm Canadian and enjoy both these guys a lot. Stone Cold and Angle is a sweet American bad ass tag though so props to them..

This is a hard choice but I am not a Hart fan so I am going to chose the Bald Eagles in this one because like I said I don't like Hart and I think Kurt Angle is a great wrestler that has overcome bigger challeges and Austin is an all time great in wrestling. So the macth ends when the Bald Eagles in Austin's prime easily beat Hart while Angle destorys Jericho then quickly scramble up the cage and win this.

Winners Bald Eagles

Whoaaah, very tough choice!

I think Austin and Angle will come out on top. Austin will deliver a beatdown to Jericho Rattlesnake style while Bret and Angle trade blows. After blooding Y2J, Austin will escape the cage and eventually Bret Hart will wear down Angle enough to attempt to climb over the cage himself, but Jericho being as devious as ever will pull him down and climb over himself.

This would leave Kurt and Bret. The 2 wrestling gods would give us a masterclass for 10 minutes, using the cage to their advantage. Angle will get the upper hand and attempt to climb out of the cage, but changes his mind and hits a moonsault from the top of the cage which connects, keeping Bret Hart down for long enough for Angle to climb up and out of the cage

This was definitely the most difficult decision for me to make throughout this entire tournament. Simply because, all four of the guys involved are awesome, legendary performers and characters in professional wrestling.

In Bret Hart and Chris Jericho, we have two of my favorite wrestlers of all time on the same team. Both are stellar on the mic. Both are exceptional in-ring performers who have displayed prowess in the ring from either the heel or the face perspective. And they are both Canadians, a definite plus.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is another superb performer. Not really able to function as a heel effectively because he was just so astronomically over with the crowds, but not your conventional face either. A face with attitude, something uncommon at the time which has been adopted by several guys who have followed in his footsteps.

And then there's Kurt Angle. A superb in-ring technician who is excellent whether he's a face or a heel, whether he's serious or comedic. Not too much negative can be said about him. Except for no obvious reason, I simply don't like the guy. Too much of an ego for my tastes. Too much baggage. Too much of a "take my ball and go home" history. Combine all of this with the fact that he has wrestled his last several years in virtual oblivion and will likely finish his career there, this was enough to give a slight nod to his opponents.

WINNERS: CHRIS JERICHO AND BRET HART

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back