• Hogan / Cena

• Stone Cold / Angle

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Third round matches are conducted under LAST MAN STANDING rules - The winning team will be the duo that can keep both of their opponents down for a count of ten.
  2. Polls will open immediately
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.

33vg0mb.jpg

Grand Final
HULK HOGAN & JOHN CENA
"We Sell Merchandise, Not Moves"
vs.
STONE COLD & KURT ANGLE
"Bald Eagles"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the end of the road.

You have been on tenterhooks for far too long now and this tournament needs a G-Darn conclusion. All I need from you to finish this tournament that has ploughed through two chiefs and three moderators, is to think about who would win this match and then simply vote for them.

Both of these teams have been very successful in the tournament, which goes without saying, and have been successful in the ring too. Which one of these fearsome teams will take the prestigious win?

YOU DECIDE!

What a bad draw for Angle/SCSA. A Last Man Standing match is the LAST match you'd like to be in when facing Hulk Hogan and John Cena. This is because Cena & Hogan are two wrestlers that are synonymous for never staying down for a 10-count. Both men are built up in their promotions as tremendous no-sellers and will never be made to lose here.

As strong as SCSA and Kurt Angle are as a team, there is no way they could outlast Hogan & Cena and get them both down for a 10-count.

Hogan and Hogan Jr. for the win.

Superteam here, no question. Is it even possible to put Hulk Hogan down for a 10 count? No, especially with his trusty sidekick, worldwide movie star John Cena on his side. Anytime you have two of the best wrestlers evah on your team, you're going to be successful.

I like Austin and Angle, to an extent, but there's just outmatched here. Once you get into Hogan territory that's a whole notha level. By prediction is everybody bleeds a ton and eventually the Bald Eagles can't get up after breaking their necks.

So here we are. Three men who are/were the face of the company at one time or another and perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time. This sounds like a damn good tag match. On the face of things, this goes one way and one way only, and I can't disagree with it. Both Austin & Angle are tough guys and it would be hard as hell to put them down for that long, but it's been done before, I don't see why it couldn't happen again.

Hogan has only really ever been taken down for ten seconds by one man; Brock Lesnar. Lesnar isn't here, and neither Austin nor Angle posses the natural 'gifts' Lesnar had in taking down Hogan. While Angle could break either's ankle with the Ankle Lock, I'd doubt that Hogan or Cena would let that happen to their partner. Cena has experience in this type of match also. He beat the seemingly unstoppable Umaga in 2007 and also defeated Batista earlier this year. He lost to Edge but that was only due to interference in Edge's favour.

So I voted for: We Sell Merchandise, Not Moves: Hulk Hogan & John Cena

Based on the match type, I am going with John Cena/ Hulk Hogan team because I do not think that they can be knock-out for a long time as they are both unstoppable forces in the WWE and I do not think they can be stopped. But all credit to Austin and Angle because they are still tough because let's face it because they both compete/competed with broken necks for a big part of their careers in wrestling but still are not strong enough to beat the no sellers Cena/Hogan.

Match ends when Cena botches the A.A on Austin and breaks his neck and Hogan botches the Leg drop and breaks Angles neck. Winners a blooded Cena/Hogan.

Well I have little doubt in my mind as to who would have done all the work in this kind of a match had it happened.

But like everyone else is saying this is a bad draw for Steve and Kurt. Only positive I can see in their team is that Kurt has fantastic endurance. He's competed in quite a few Ironman matches. But the Leg Drop and F-U are total KO moves. Very few people kick out of them. Guys have kicked out of the Stunner and have countered the Ankle Lock many a time. They don't stand a chance against Team No Sell.

Its Batman (Austin= dark antihero) and Robocop (Angle= machine like efficient wrestler) vs Superman and Superman's daddy. The Superman family win.

I voted Stone Cold and Angle for mostly personal preferences, but they can win this match.

How? Well I'll tell you. This match seems to be a match that isn't held in the WWE, but on neutral ground at a huge event. Sure Hogan and Cena might actually be booked to win this one by the promoters but the boys in the back might have something to say about that. The locker room is pissed because of Hogan and Cena's politicing through out their careers and without Vince around they mutiny, rushing the ring and taking out Hogan and Cena. That's how the Bald Eagles get the win here. :thumbsup:

I voted Stone Cold and Angle for mostly personal preferences, but they can win this match.

How? Well I'll tell you. This match seems to be a match that isn't held in the WWE, but on neutral ground at a huge event. Sure Hogan and Cena might actually be booked to win this one by the promoters but the boys in the back might have something to say about that. The locker room is pissed because of Hogan and Cena's politicing through out their careers and without Vince around they mutiny, rushing the ring and taking out Hogan and Cena. That's how the Bald Eagles get the win here. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that politicing can go both ways though with Austin and Angle so that's not much of a reason as to why they would win. The answer has to be Hogan/Cena as there is no way the Bald Eagles can win this. Unless, the Big Show appears and chokeslam Cena through a spotlight, but even then I can't see how Hogan will be put down for the 10 count. As good as Austin/Angle were, they're not good enough to stop this superteam.

I have got to go with Hogan and Cena. Hogan is damn near impossible to keep down on his own, let alone the fact that Angle and Austin will have to keep Cena down also. I just don't see how they can do it. Angle will most certainly go down for the ten count first and then Austin will be all on his own. Austin will probably put on a good showing before finally succumbing to an Attitude Adjustment/Leg Drop combo.

Hogan and Cena should win this.

The tournament was over as soon as the team of Hogan and Cena was announced. There are only a couple of combination's in wrestling history that maybe could have beaten them and Austin and Angle is not one of them.

EDIT: Lol. Apparently this post got me my first infraction in nearly two years since my last one.

Cena and Hogan cannot be beaten by Austin and Angle because they are just not a strong enough team. Cena and Hogan are both basically superman and it's nearly impossible to keep one down let alone both. Angle is the weak link here as he is just no where near the level of the other three men in this match. So basically what I already said with some added fluff and bullshit because I got an infraction.

Hogan and Cena to win, which sucks but that is how it would be booked.

The two "superheros" would take a huge beating from the Bald Eagles, both getting bloodied, but eventually an FU from Cena on Austin through a table would keep the Rattlesnake down for a 10, and at the same time, the regular Big Boot/Leg Drop Of Justice to Kurt would end it.

Hogan and Cena would then pose for about 3 years in the ring as winners

Hogan lost a last man standing this year already on wrestlezone. I smell a weakness. Hogan also cannot stand up for real in life right now, prime be damned is something I hear everyday as a TNA fan. This match has not clean finish written all over it. How does it play out? I see it exactly like everyone claims except who gets the glory of the victorious last move? Angle takes 14 FUs and 15 leg drops, then Hogan drops Cena playing his creative control card. However, Austin has rested up by this point and is sitting in a chair drinking some beers behind Hogan. Stunner with hogan's throat on to the top of the chair and stunner to the ref for counting too slow. Here comes Russo with a fast count that Hogan still beats but the bell is still called for anyway. Your winners Austin and Angle.

Just so everyone knows, the match stipulations were drawn way before the actual match but I definitely feel that it favours John Cena and Hulk Hogan.

A last man standing match is pretty one sided, even thought Angle and Austin give some really stiff competition. To me though, Hulk Hogan and John Cena are a formidable team and I doubt that Angle and Austin could keep them down for 10 seconds at the same time.

Knowing Cena and Hogan and their whole routine, keeping them down for any amount of time is going to be hard enough. However, although Austin and Angle may be the better athletes, I think that Hogan and Cena have enough in the tank to outlast Angle and Austin.

I'm going to have to go with Hogan/Cena on this one. Hogan is the most popular wrestler of all time, and is also vastly underrated in the ring. Hogan stood at 6'7'' and weighed over 300 pounds. He was known for fighting giants, but if he debuted today he would be one of the biggest men in all of wrestling. As far as the whole not being able to wrestler thing, it's not true. He simply wrestled the way he did because the fans wanted to see him as unstopable. If you dont belive me watch his matches from 93 in Japan. Cena is also very underrated when it comes to wrestling ability. Call me crazy, but I dont remember those you cant wrestle chants until he had been champion for about a year and people were getting tired of him. Popularity doesn't equall ability. Cena is also incredibly powerfull, and won many brutal last man standing matches before the WWE went PG.

The team of Ausin and Angle is also great. The second most popular wrestler ever and the greatest technical wrestler of all time would be incredible to watch. However, I dont think Austin would be able to overcome Hogan in the ring. Everyone was dying to see Austin vs. Hogan ten years ago when the Hulkster could barely go anymore. In his prime he would just be too much for Austin. On the other hand, Cena vs. Angle is a match we have seen before with Cena comming out on top.

The winners would be Hogan/Cena

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back