Second Round : Philadelphia - Eddie Guerrero vs. Pedro Morales

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Eddie Guerrero

• Pedro Morales

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round matchup in the Philadelphia Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated. Assume one week has passed since the first match.

Location: The First Union Center: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

PHL_First_Union_Center_4.jpg

Eddie Guerrero

eddie-guerrero01.jpg

Vs.

Pedro Morales

PEDRO%20MORALES.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Very clear who I am voting for here. Eddie was one of the greatest of all time inside of the ring, had great natural charisma, and could carry anyone to a great match. He was an awesome entertainer, and if Eddie doesn't advance I'll severly be shocked, and disappointed at the wrestlezone community.

Reactions: gd
Eddie goes over pedro here. pedro did a great job many years ago and was the first triple crown winner in the WWE but hes no eddie. Eddie cut great promos had great matches and just oozed charisma. Eddie's title history dwarfs morales' as does his in ring ability therefore eddie goes over here

Pedro Mo ---, is still in this thing? Should've lost to the All American American American in Round 1. That guy is a badass, and he would've had an outside shot to beat Eddie here. Truth be told, not really fond of either of these guys. I don't believe Eddie "dwarfs" Pedro's title history at all. In fact, it's probably the opposite. However, Eddie certainly does dwarf Pedro in being somewhat entertaining and not wrestling guys like Mr. Saito in boring matches for the World Title 30 years ago. Either way, Race beats the shit out of the winner of this match.

It's quite obvious that I'm gonna be voting for Eddie in this match, Eddie one of the great all around wrestlers, a great entertainer and very technically sound guy who could wrestle really any kind of style, be it high flying, catch wrestling, mat wrestling, (could be just one of them, I'm not very clear on the differences all the time) and brawling, it's quite obvious that Eddie is one of the greatest talents to ever grace a wrestling ring, a second generation athlete who's blood was purely wrestling.

Pedro on the other hand, while he may have been able to put on some decent matches, and held quite a handful of matches, I don't think it's gonna be enough to make him go over Eddie in this one, I really don't.

VIVA LA RAZA!

I think the posts in this thread are really selling Pedro Morales and his legendary career short.

Pedro wasn't just some "old guy wrestler." He was one of the greatest wrestlers and attractions of the 1970's. He sold out Madison Square Garden on numerous occassions. He opened up the Latino and Puerto Rican markets to the New York territory with his world title reign. In addition to having still one of the longest world title regins in WWF/E history, he also played a major part in establishing the Intercontinental title with his classic matches and feuds with Don Muraco and Ken Patera in the early 1980's. These were the first really notable matches and feuds for that title and thus played a major part in establishing the title in the first place. He was the first ever Triple Crown champion. He was highly regarded by his peers (Bret Hart considers him to be one of the best). Pedro was no slouch and was one of the greats of his time and a Hall of Famer.

Now with that said, I too voted for Eddie Guerrero. I think as far as career accomplishments go, they're on even ground. Guerrero was also World champion though his reign wasn't nearly as long, but I don't think that's really fair to discredit Guerrero for that, because no one nowadays holds the title for as long as Pedro did. Eddie was also I-C and a tag team champion like Morales. Like Pedro, Eddie continued the tradition in the WWE of a world champion appealing to ethnic audiences and drawing them in. And both were beloved faces and some of the most popular wrestlers of their time. I think in the overall history of wrestling, both guys will be in pretty close territory with one another.

So why did I vote Eddie? I've seen much more of Eddie's career and of course Eddie was just one of the most gifted wrestlers of his time no doubt. I think in the ring, from what I've seen Guerrero was more well rounded and just a greater worker than Pedro. Though it's hard to compare though because they're both from different eras. In his time Pedro was as highly regarded a worker as Guerrero was in his. But yeah, I'm more of an Eddie fan and to me he just was more well rounded in ability.

But yeah this is no means an easy victory for Eddie. This is Pedro Morales we're talking about. This should be a tough matchup for everyone to vote in.

As Disarray said, it should be Swagger vs. Guerrero but I'll skip over that. Now before anyone comes here and says 'Oh but he only deserves to win becasue he's dead'. NOT TRUE! Eddie Guerrero has won belts everywhere he's been. Whether it was as part of great Tag Teams like he and Art Barr or Los Guerreros, whether it was as a midcarder when he won the ECW Television Championship, the WWF Intercontenental Championship, the WCW United States Championship or WWE United States Championships. Or whether it was as the WORLD CHAMPION, Guerrero deserves to progress over Pedro. I understand that Pedro was the first triple crown winner but being the first at something doesn't make you the best at soemthing and Eddie Guerrero has won the triple crown too. Don't do a Napoleon Dynamite here and vote Pedro.

Vote for Latino Heat, Vote for Eddie Guerrero

I've voted for Morales, not because I particularly care for him, but because of the blatant hypocrisy in action here. Swagger has done everything that Guerrero did - beaten one big name by fluke with help from someone else for the title, then beat another big name properly. The difference is Swagger hasn't lost his title yet. If that wasn't enough to get him over, it shouldn't be enough to get Guerrero over.

The fact that they had to bring Sammartino back both during and after Morales' reign shows that he wasn't really the draw he should have been, but his reign was far more impressive than Guerrero's and only one major star had to be out of action for him to get it, not loads. Morales probably should win this anyway, but if you voted him over Swagger, you should be voting him over Guerrero.

I've voted for Morales, not because I particularly care for him, but because of the blatant hypocrisy in action here. Swagger has done everything that Guerrero did - beaten one big name by fluke with help from someone else for the title, then beat another big name properly. The difference is Swagger hasn't lost his title yet. If that wasn't enough to get him over, it shouldn't be enough to get Guerrero over.

The fact that they had to bring Sammartino back both during and after Morales' reign shows that he wasn't really the draw he should have been, but his reign was far more impressive than Guerrero's and only one major star had to be out of action for him to get it, not loads. Morales probably should win this anyway, but if you voted him over Swagger, you should be voting him over Guerrero.

That's not really fair. Eddie won his in a match, and while there was interference, it was an actual match and he was in it. Swagger attacked a man with a briefcase who was already dead on his feet. To top that off, Eddie has a much better career at this poitn then Swagger does, and was a Main Event level wrestler (lower level Main Event, but still) for a decent length of time whereas Swagger hasn't exactly maintained that level for any appreciable level of time, and lost like his first 4 matches as champion.

Guererro, easily.

If these two faced each other, Eddie would run circles around Pedro. Even though Morales has the power on his side, Eddie is just a master of all other tactics in and out of the ring.

I'm voting for Eddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back