First Round: Philadelphia - Eddie Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Eddie Guerrero

• Jerry Lynn

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like the Benoit vs McGuiness/Wolfe match, this sees two wrestlers with fairly the same style inside the ring.

The edge goes to Eddie, who always shines in his matches. He's been able to accomplish more than Lynn, because Lynn (while still very talented) just isn't able to compete in the level of big matches that Guerrero had been accustomed to at the end of his career.

I really like both of these guys and they would put on a phenomenal match. Jerry Lynn still works his ass off even with how old he is, which I respect a lot and Eddie one of my all time favourites but I have to give it too Eddie here.

I think Eddie gets the edge because of the caliber of superstar whom he defeated, wrestlers such as Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, The Big Show and so on. Jerry hasn't been able to get huge wins like that. He was never able to make it big in first class promotions unlike Eddie. As much as I love me so Lynn, I see Eddie taking this one is a hard fought match which I wish happened.

I found Eddie more entertaining, and his run at the top with the WWE Championship pretty much seals the deal for me. I don't mind Lynn every once in a while, but I never really saw the appeal. He works like an indy wrestler because thats what he is, whereas Eddie transgressed from beyond ECW to make it to the big time and actually become sucessful as not only a cruiserweight, but also a solid midcarder and later on main eventer for a brief period.

He was never built to be the main event, but his run was entertaining and he has some key wins over big names to get him this match.

I have the facts, and I'm voting "Eddie". Latino heat, the "Selena" of wrestling (or was she the "Guerrero" of music?). There is nothing he won't do to take your belt, your woman, and your car. Eddie for the win.

Guerrero gets the win here. I'm a big fan of Jerry Lynn and I consider him to be one of the more underrated wrestlers of the last twenty years, specifically all the great things he did with Sean Waltman in the late 80s, early 90s, but Guerrero is one of the few guys I'd put over Lynn in both the toughness and finesse aspects of a wrestling match. Guerrero has won the big one in bigger promotions than Lynn ever did, so my vote was pretty easy. Both men are great, but Guerrero was better.

Eddie Guerrero takes this contest without hesitation; I've never found Lynn to be much of an entertainment icon, and in ECW he certainly wasn't as entertaining to watch as Rob Van Dam or Taz. I was watching Smackdown religiously from 2001 til 2003. I was a fan of Guerrero's before he was solidified as a top notch main eventer; the whole lie- cheat- steal gimmick he created was entertaining to watch. I could always count on seeing at least one humorous segment from Eddie each week; usually keeping true to his devious nature.

Yeah I vote Eddie. These two may share similar styles, but Eddie is just a bit more diverse and capable of pulling out a win.

I'd totally vote for Lynn over a lot of others in this comp though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back