Second Round: Greensboro - Stan Hansen vs. Rob Van Dam

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Stan Hansen

• Rob Van Dam

Results are only viewable after voting.
If this goes to a tie, I'm making it clear that I'm voting for RVD. Why? I suppose I need a reason to avoid making this spam. So... I'm voting for RVD to make GD happy.

Point of view + reason = Post Qucik Reply

Reactions: gd
I voted Hansen because quite frankly, he'd kill RVD in a fight. RVD was a great, every entertaining guy. Love him to pieces. However Hansen was simply better.

Hansen hits harder than RVD, Hansen's tougher than RVD and Hansen doesn't work a style that makes him liable to high stake mistakes. Hansen can take whatever RVD throws at him, and wait for him to fuck up before decapitating him with the Lariat. Or, ya know just nailing him with it at the first chance he got.

I honestly think that Hansen is way more superior than RVD. RVD is a good wrestler, but he doesn't have the competition that Hansen used to have in the past. I will also say that Hansen is a tough son of a gun and he is also very smart.

So therefor my vote goes to Hansen.

Lariat has done great in promoting Stan Hansen, and I really think Stan is the superior talent also, while RVD certainly is a great wrestler, able to keep you entertained in the ring, and he's a decent guy on the microphone, Stan Hansen still dominated pretty much anybody, and is likewise a great talent in the ring, a true legend.

That should really be enough to vote for Stan Hansen.

You lot are making Rob Van Dam sound like a kitten. He's proven in the past that he is more than capable to hold his own with those stronger, smarter, and tougher than Stan Hansen. Triple H was all but defeated by RVD, and only won with the help of Flair and Lesnar only won due to Heyman's interference. Van Dam has beaten Kane and the Undertaker (although his match with Taker was restarted). He pinned John Cena, one of the most athletic (more-so than Hansen) and strongest wrestlers in the last 10 years. Rob Van Dam has had a great deal of success dealing with those strong, punishing, ruthless, and calculating types like Hansen. If Rolling Thunder can work against The Undertaker and if the 5-Star can be delivered to John Cena, then there is no reason to think that Stan Hansen is immune.

You lot are making Rob Van Dam sound like a kitten. He's proven in the past that he is more than capable to hold his own with those stronger, smarter, and tougher than Stan Hansen. Triple H was all but defeated by RVD, and only won with the help of Flair and Lesnar only won due to Heyman's interference. Van Dam has beaten Kane and the Undertaker (although his match with Taker was restarted). He pinned John Cena, one of the most athletic (more-so than Hansen) and strongest wrestlers in the last 10 years. Rob Van Dam has had a great deal of success dealing with those strong, punishing, ruthless, and calculating types like Hansen. If Rolling Thunder can work against The Undertaker and if the 5-Star can be delivered to John Cena, then there is no reason to think that Stan Hansen is immune.

This whole post is why I'm no longer participating in this or any future WZ tournaments. I'm tired of stupidity and tired of the logic some use to make their decisions on who should win a match.

Stan Hansen has proven to be one of the toughest, most decorated wrestlers in history. And it boils down to a smark favorite once again going over a superior wrestler. I'm done with it all. RVD's a solid wrestler, but to have him be voted better than Stan Hansen is absurd and everyone who voted for him is absurd. If he's your favorite wrestler, then whatever. I don't really give a shit. This tournament is a joke and whomever wins it will probably be a joke, too.

This whole post is why I'm no longer participating in this or any future WZ tournaments. I'm tired of stupidity and tired of the logic some use to make their decisions on who should win a match.

Stan Hansen has proven to be one of the toughest, most decorated wrestlers in history. And it boils down to a smark favorite once again going over a superior wrestler. I'm done with it all. RVD's a solid wrestler, but to have him be voted better than Stan Hansen is absurd and everyone who voted for him is absurd. If he's your favorite wrestler, then whatever. I don't really give a shit. This tournament is a joke and whomever wins it will probably be a joke, too.

You really took Hansen losing personally. I guess you really love the guy. But this is a fake tournament. The fans in many ways choose who should get the push, and they get behind who their favorite guy is. Logic can't always come into play with wrestling. Its scripted.

What it all boils down to in the end is, "Give the fans what they want to see."

The "fans" have spoken, and RVD goes over Hansen. You should still participate in the tournament. You can't be happy with every match outcome. There can only be 1 winner in the end anyway.

You really took Hansen losing personally. I guess you really love the guy. But this is a fake tournament. The fans in many ways choose who should get the push, and they get behind who their favorite guy is. Logic can't always come into play with wrestling. Its scripted.

What it all boils down to in the end is, "Give the fans what they want to see."

The "fans" have spoken, and RVD goes over Hansen. You should still participate in the tournament. You can't be happy with every match outcome. There can only be 1 winner in the end anyway.

Well im just glad Starcraft beat Zelda..

I voted for Hansen, partly because I never have enjoyed RVD much personally, and because browsing through Lariats fanclub made the guy look like a pretty hardcore son of a bitch.

But thats just how it is I guess, similarly to how the Japanese and Mexican stars never make it to the end, Stan Hansen is just one of those wrestlers.. As great as he is, as soon as he gets up against The Rock, or even RVD, people will vote for what they safely know. I look forward to the year that someone not known by all on the forum wins, though I dont know if that will ever happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back