First Round: Greensboro - Stan Hansen vs. Brian Pillman

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Stan Hansen

• Brian Pillman

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Greensboro Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

greensboro_coliseum2.jpg

Stan Hansen

12.jpg

Vs.

Brian Pillman

bplwblt.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

two totally different styles here brawler vs high flyer/technical masterpiece

pillman has had many great matces so has hansen

pillman was part of many classics as was hansen

pillman was apart of a great stable...hansen was not

pillman beat the best in the business so has hansen

pillman takes many high risk move hansen does not which means hansen catches him coming off the top with a lariat and we all know pillman can be knocked out

i vote for hansen in a 5 sta match of the first round contest

As I've explained to Lariat privately, I'm voting for Pillman, mostly because he's the only wrestler of significance to ever come out of Cincinnati, so have to stick with my hometown hero.

Pillman helped revolutionize light heavyweight wrestling here stateside. His matches with Liger in particular in the early 90's WCW Light Weight division were freaking spectacular. He's probably known more for his run with Steve Austin as the Hollywood Blondes, and probably rightfully so. He was an astonishing mid card talent.

The Loose Cannon persona is what stands out to most. Pillman was able to get Bobby Heenan to say "Fuck" on live TV because no one knew if Pillman was working or shooting while in character. He went to ECW for a hiccup before arriving with Austin in the WWF.

The unfortunate thing about Pillman was his car accident that left his ankle shattered. The downward spiral after that led to his death, which frankly sucks. With Austin winning the world title months later at Mania, no doubt Pillman would have had a feud with him, which would have been gold.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote for Pillman over Hansen, just getting him some notice before he checks out of this thing.

Pillman is awesome, Lariat is a beast. Pillman helped make high flying wrestling fun here in America. Hansen is a brawler and he will want to contain Pillman. I'm really not sure how to vote here. I can see Pillman pulling it off, but I can see Hansen knocking Pillman's head off with a huge lariat. In the end of a great bout I'm going with the size and strength and Stan Hansen wins after Pillman misses a high risk move and Hansen nails the lariat.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1993497 said:
In the end of a great bout I'm going with the size and strength and Stan Hansen wins after Pillman misses a high risk move and Hansen nails the lariat.
Stan Hansen is a guy who, despite not being the most athletic guy out there, could outlast many guys and wait for his opponent to make a mistake. That's why Hansen wins this. Pillman messes up and we'd get a short arm lariat for the pin.

This right here is also a tough match, because I love both Pillman and Hansen. Pillman help out the light weight divison a lot if it wouldn't of been from him we wouldn't had cruiserweight divisions. Hanses was the great in the ring and he used to destroy all of his opponents with the painful Lariat. So like I said this match up is tough, but my vote goes to Stan Hansen.

Flyin' Brian keeps the Lariat a bay for a little while with dropkicks, and other fast paced offense, but Hansen has endurance that belies his size. I think that eventually Pillman screws up a high risk move and Hansen takes over on him, beating the living shit out of him, then hitting a lariat to end things.

Man tough draw for Pillman, another guy that I absolutely loved watching over the years and feel was criminally underused and underrated before his untimely death. Unfortunately he's facing Stan Hansen, who quite literally eats kids like Pillman for breakfast, goes out for a smoke, comes back in and eats another Pillman for dessert. You get what I'm saying, the man was an absolute BEAST and broke more than one jaw with his trademark lariat. Pillman would provide tough competition for Hansen at first, using his speed to avoid Hansen's power, but eventually he's make a mistake and Hansen would zero in on Pillman, use his power, and by that time it would be over before Pillman even knew what he was getting into.

Hansen wins with the lariat at about twelve minutes into a fairly good match.

I say this is a decent challenge for Hansen. Because Pillman has heart and fight in him. He'll give him a helluva battle... but just like with Hardy and Dynamite Kid and other high fliers, a mistake against a cagey veteran like Hansen doesn't change momentum. It ends up beating him.

I have an epic case for Hansen to win the whole thing, but I'll hopefully wait until the next round to post it... as long as he can stave off the Loose Cannon. Which will be tougher than one may think.

Ultimately, Hansen does win this in a 10 minute classic.

This was difficult for me. Very difficult. Pillman was a great light heavyweight and tag team wrestler and Hansen's well Stan Hansen. A bad-ass, hard hitting, take no names son of a gun. High flyers always have trouble with these sort of wrestlers and Hansen should prove to be too much for Pillman. Brian's a good wrestler don't get me wrong but one fatal mistake and he's done. That Lariat will wipe him clean out.

I voted Pillman for the fact that I have a soft spot for Pillman as he always entertained me when I got to watch his stuff back when I first started watching wrestling. For arguement's sake I think that Pillman's high flying could give Stan trouble, maybe just enough trouble to pull out the win.

I'm voting for Pillman because I've always been a mark for him, Hansen's gonna win anyway, and I feel like pissing Lariat off LOL.

But seriously... I know Hansen is probably the better man here. But I've always been impressed with Pillman and I just can't see myself voting against him.

The first episode of Raw that I watched when I first started watching wrestling was Brian Pillman's last ever match. It was against Owen Hart, and I don't remember anything about it. Pillman was a good wrestler, great even, but lets be honest, Hansen made a career out of dominating these technical wrestlers with his hard hitting style, and as much as I'd rather see Pillman progress, I think Hansen should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back