Scott Walker's Plan To Replace The Affordable Care Act

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
You might be surprised, but it's pretty much a big middle finger to the poor.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/inside-scott-walkers-plan-repeal-replace-obamacare-n411906

Here are the main points:

1. Pre-existing conditions would be legal again (kind of. There would be a safety net in place, albeit one that hasn't worked in the past).

2. The decisions on Medicaid go to the states, meaning if you need say, birth control, it's up to the state if it's included in Medicaid. So if you live in a conservative state like Texas, HAHA GET YOUR OWN YOU ****E! If you live in a liberal state like Massachusetts, you might be in luck.

3. You'll get a tax credit depending on your age, with $1200 a year to those ages 18-34. $100 a month, once it's April of course, because everyone that age can totally afford healthcare, rent, food, bills etc. on their own right. If they could afford it, they wouldn't need the tax credit, but I'm sure they'll be fine.

So in other words, if you're poor, HAHA SCREW YOU because we need to give money to the people who already have it and business to make America great again. If we just have to have people sick and dying to accomplish these goals, well that's just the costs of greatness. Maybe they should get a job, because Walker's administration would be SO economically friendly right?

I know the GOP line will be "something something it's about liberty", but I'd be more than willing to sacrifice some of these liberties (which are never really defined) if it meant not having to decide between getting a bad cough looked at and my next month's worth of meals.

Insurances are already planning on upping their premium payments by 30%. Huge since Blue Cross Blue Shield just bought out Cigna and BCBS is expected to increase the highest percentage out of all insurances.

The law shouldn't be for everyone to have insurance as it is not affordable at all. It should be to allow anyone to be able to buy insurance regardless of preexisting conditions or not. But what I do know besides what I am told.

Insurances are already planning on upping their premium payments by 30%. Huge since Blue Cross Blue Shield just bought out Cigna and BCBS is expected to increase the highest percentage out of all insurances.

The law shouldn't be for everyone to have insurance as it is not affordable at all. It should be to allow anyone to be able to buy insurance regardless of preexisting conditions or not. But what I do know besides what I am told.

The law wasn't designed as a saving grace for everyone. It was designed to be a bridge until America catches up with the rest of the civilized world but we can't have that because conservatives have a tendency to care about profits more than people.

Which is understandable. What is the biggest truth is your last two sentences. Greed. Insurance companies do not want to cover half the procedures nowadays anyway. They deem them not medically necessary to avoid coverage and then it causes the people with insurance to pay out of pocket as if they did not have insurance to begin with. It is a big mess for middle/lower Americans. Only 15 million citizens enrolled through the Federal Marketplace. It may seem like a high number but its really only about 10% of the countries population.

Which is understandable. What is the biggest truth is your last two sentences. Greed. Insurance companies do not want to cover half the procedures nowadays anyway. They deem them not medically necessary to avoid coverage and then it causes the people with insurance to pay out of pocket as if they did not have insurance to begin with. It is a big mess for middle/lower Americans. Only 15 million citizens enrolled through the Federal Marketplace. It may seem like a high number but its really only about 10% of the countries population.

It would be far better if states weren't stupid and expanded Medicaid, but that might mean more people being taken care of and money being spent, which just isn't the government's job. That would be to explain why you're stupid for needing help and treating you like trash if you're poor.

It would be far better if states weren't stupid and expanded Medicaid, but that might mean more people being taken care of and money being spent, which just isn't the government's job. That would be to explain why you're stupid for needing help and treating you like trash if you're poor.

But there is so much fraud in the Medicaid world. The only reason I do not want that to happen is risk of higher taxes to fund the program. Taxes are already high enough. Would it alleviate some of these insurance issues if Medicaid expanded in all states? It possibly could. Possibly. Am I for it myself, not really. I can be convinced but it would take a lot of convincing to do so.

Another thing I have noticed is a lot of states are dropping the Marketplace and moving to the Federal Marketplace. Not sure if this cause for concern but you never know.

But there is so much fraud in the Medicaid world. The only reason I do not want that to happen is risk of higher taxes to fund the program. Taxes are already high enough. Would it alleviate some of these insurance issues if Medicaid expanded in all states? It possibly could. Possibly. Am I for it myself, not really. I can be convinced but it would take a lot of convincing to do so.

Another thing I have noticed is a lot of states are dropping the Marketplace and moving to the Federal Marketplace. Not sure if this cause for concern but you never know.

There is always going to be some level of fraud in everything. That's just how the world works. However, the idea of throwing out all of Medicaid because of such fraud comes off as little more than a way to stick it to the poor.

As far as taxes go, maybe we could have more Medicaid and other useful things if the taxes were actually enforced on the wealthy instead of giving them break after break and losing programs that actually work for a large group of people instead of the tiniest top percent in the name of job growth, which has never proven to work in the history of this country.

There is always going to be some level of fraud in everything. That's just how the world works. However, the idea of throwing out all of Medicaid because of such fraud comes off as little more than a way to stick it to the poor.

As far as taxes go, maybe we could have more Medicaid and other useful things if the taxes were actually enforced on the wealthy instead of giving them break after break and losing programs that actually work for a large group of people instead of the tiniest top percent in the name of job growth, which has never proven to work in the history of this country.

I am not wealthy and barely above poverty level. My issue is that the fraud is that big of a deal. The issue Tennessee had a few years ago was outrageous. It happens and it happens in huge amounts. I am not trying to stick it to the poor since it is the poor sticking it to themselves.

I do not see the rich being taxed more than what they have now. My reason is they are probably investors in these big Insurance companies.

I am not wealthy and barely above poverty level. My issue is that the fraud is that big of a deal. The issue Tennessee had a few years ago was outrageous. It happens and it happens in huge amounts. I am not trying to stick it to the poor since it is the poor sticking it to themselves.

I do not see the rich being taxed more than what they have now. My reason is they are probably investors in these big Insurance companies.

Well let's think of it this way.

If someone has no insurance and goes to the emergency room for treatment, that costs thousands of dollars.

If someone has Medicaid and goes to a regular doctor's office, that costs a hundred or so.

Now which would you rather have added to your taxes? The people who are committing fraud would likely fall through the floor if they didn't have to worry so much about losing everything because they get sick. Also, if there was more tax revenue coming in, maybe those committing fraud could be prosecuted.

Then again if there was enough money, you could prosecute corporations who cheat their way to fortunes, but then they might not make big campaign contributions so that's out.

I find the issue where the poor are doing it to themselves is not actual reality. Sure you can make tougher bureaucratic nonsense so that the people who actually NEED those kinds of services actually get it but you're doing a disservice to them. People like myself who had to wait 10 years because an idiot judge thought that if you didn't have downs syndrome or autism you were able to hold a job without help. WRONG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back