• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scene

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
If there is another thread like this I apologize, I was looking and I couldn't find it.

I was just recently watching my personal favorite movie The Boondock Saints. Having said that, the courtroom scene towards the end is my favorite scene of all time. The way that the words are emphasized, the fear in the room, and the emotions that Connor and Murphy show towards Papa Joe, plus Billy Connolly's character kind of looks like a scary mofo. This scene has actually made me a bit of a better person. Some of you may think "Ha your stupid, it is just a movie." But what if someone actually uses these reasons to act like a "Striking Vengeful Hammer of God", short quote there, and were to start doing stuff like this. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you see it, as it is quite the cult classic with a very good ending.

So it got me thinking. Wrestlezone faithful I have a simple question for you. What is your favorite scene of all time and why? I don't want "I love such and such because it rocks." What about it makes it your favorite scene?

:scratchchin:

I have a few favorite movies, and therefore, a ton of favorite scenes. I'll just name the one that I don't think anyone else will, and that's in Slap Shot, when the Hanson brothers are "putting on the foil".

As far as the movie was concerned, this scene helped a lot. It furthered the background of the characters, and changed the whole dynamic of the team. But, it's my favorite, because it's something that always made me and my friends laugh, because we know we'd be just like that.

I have two favorite scenes of all-time. One is a movie, the other is a game scene. I'm only going to give the movie scene, because I'm pretty sure I should keep this post to movie related topics. It's in the movie section after all.

First of all, spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen The Shawshank Redemption. But if you haven't seen it by now, you probably won't be seeing it, and if you want to but haven't yet you suck and deserve to have this scene spoiled.

So. In The Shawshank Redemption the character....I forget his name. Brooks! He's a old man who mans the Prison library. Anyway, he gets set free about halfway into the film, because he's served his time. Long story short, he ends up hanging himself in his small apartment because he grew up behind bars, and isn't used to the new world around him.

The scene in question is when he hangs himself. It's so powerful because you know exactly what he's going to do. He's in his suit, he stands up on a stool. Immediately you think "Oh hell no..." He reaches up and carves "Brooks was here" into the banister. Then you really start to think "Oh fuck..." He reaches up, puts the rope around his head, and the scene shoots to his feet kicking the stool out from under him and Brooks in his final death throws.

This is such a powerful scene. I started getting worked up just writing it. Besides that, it still gets me every time I watch that movie. I know it's coming, I know what's going to happen, but I still cry every time I see Brooks and the pain in his eyes at a world run away. I don't cry during movies. Seriously. I cried for Brooks. And I still do.

Great question.

Well first, I'm going to pick my favourite scene from my favourite movie, Fight Club.
About two thirds of the way through the movie, one of the main protagonists Tyler Durden goes missing. His 'partner-in-crime', the narrator goes searching for him. The narrator finds out that Tyler has been setting up Fight Clubs all over the country. Then the narrator thinks he's found Tyler and that leads to one of the most intense scenes in modern cinerma.
The narrator goes to a restaurant and bar where a Fight Club has been set up and asks the bartender if he's seen Tyler Durden. The bartender replies in a slightly confused tone "Is this a test, sir?"
The narrator looks confused and says "Do you know me?"
The bartender replies "You came in here two days. You were standing in that exact spot asing me how good security was here."
After a few more moments, the Narrator says "Who do you think I am?"
The bartender holds up his scarred hand and says "You're the one who gave me this. You're Tyler Durden."

The narrator goes back to his hotel room, and after confirmation from his love intrest Marla that his name is Tyler Durden, he turns around and finds who he thinks is Tyler Durden sitting across from him in the hotel room.
The narrator tells Tyler to tell him what's going on and slowly the narrator starts to realise the he and Tyler are the same person, and the person he knows as Tyler is merely a glorified imaginary friend.

That is probably my favourite scene ever. It's a swerve you genuinely don't see coming. You know the movie is deep, but you never think that it could be that deep. And the performances from Norton and Pitt in this scene are simply astonishing.

Favorite scene is at the end of Die Hard. Alan Rickman stuffing the bags and yelling at Holly, "I moving up to Kidnapping, so you should be nice to me." Then you see John McClane shuffle in, "HANZ!"

I won't continue with the description because I could fill the entire post with it but it was just a great scene that had so many elements to it. It's the scene that spawned the catch phrase of the Die Hard series. Alan Rickman's face as he plummets to the ground below and the line "God, I hope that's not a hostage." The blend of comedy, tension and the way it wraps up the relationships of Hanz, Holly and John.

Honorable mention: When Al smokes Karl after telling John that he hasn't been able to draw his gun since the accident with the kid. It's inspiring, it says you can do anything.

Screw it, my favorite scene is Die Hard.

Mine, is without a doubt the end scene fron Trainspotting. This is one of my favourite films ever, and the ending is just perfect. The scene shows Mark Renton take the money that he and his friends had made from a drug deal, they had decided to split the money, but were all greedy and wanted it all. The scene show Renton wake first and take the money from a sleeping Begby, as he walks out we see Spud, the innocent nice guy looking at Renton shaking his head, and Renton walking off, from this we get a brilliant spech from Renton;

"Now I've justified this to myself in all sorts of ways. It wasn't a big deal, just a minor betrayal. Or we'd outgrown each other, you know, that sort of thing. But let's face it, I ripped them off - my so called mates. But Begbie, I couldn't give a shit about him. And Sick Boy, well he'd done the same to me, if he'd only thought of it first. And Spud, well okay, I felt sorry for Spud - he never hurt anybody. So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers - all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person. But, that's gonna change - I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

We then see Renton leave Spud some money, showing that though he was greedy, he was also a good person who rewarded his loyal friend Spud, who was the only nice guy out of his friends.

Reactions: X
Oh sweet thread dude.

I have a couple, hopefully that's cool.

One is from Garden State (I posted a thread about this movie yesterday). It's the scene when Largeman (Zach Braff) is saying goodbye to Sam (Natalie Portman) in the airport at the end. He's known her for (i think) 3 days and has fallen in love with her but he has to go back to LA. The way they both act this scene out is really fucking well done, I totally believe it everytime. The 2 of them had great chemistry and really made this scene what it was. Great movie by the way, check it out if you haven't already.

Another scene that I love is from Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Now if you've read the books (which I'm doing now) you'll know when Gandalf falls from the bridge in Moria with the Balrog he actually battles him into the depths of the mountain and then back up through the tunnels and then ends up finishing on top of the mountain, fucking sick. In the movie they didn't go completely into it like that but the first scene of Two Towers when Gandalf falls and he fights the Balrog while they are falling is so FUCKING EPIC it's not funny. This old wizard dude is going to town on this ancient fire monster, it's sick! Then the main reason for this scene being one of my favourites ever is the bit where it shows the lake and you think oh yeah he's gonna fall in that but when they fall into the scene it's like a tiny fire ball in the distance making the lake seem fucking HUGE! Fuck, I'm getting worked up just thinking about it. Loved that scene, so freaking epic!

Check out this epic bastard:

Gandalf.jpg

There are several I could go with here but I'll go with just the greatness that is the ending of Return of the Jedi where Han asks Leia if she loves Luke. She says yes and he assumes she means romantically. She says it's not like that and that Luke is her brother. You can see Solo flashing back over the entire trilogy at lightning speed in his head with this new information. I'm laughing thinking about it as I type this. It was just excellent.

Man, no one has said Pulp Fiction! shame!

Favorite scene: Jules' final speech in pulp fiction.
[youtube]Fd4VSkj0Wks[/youtube]

Samuel L. jackson is the greatness in that scene right there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back