Saw this coming a mile away--and I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeenanGorilla

Championship Contender
Now, let me start with a disclaimer. This is based on a report by a writer who has been wrong more times than not, especially when citing "sources" that probably mess with him on purpose. But, it "confirms" my guess for WMXXVIII and beyond; so, I will go with it here.

If it is true that HBK will somehow cost HHH the match with Taker, I saw it coming a mile away. And even now, I don't mind. Many storylines have predictable or spoiled endings and when they come to fruition, you think "that sucked" or "wish I didn't know it was happening, it would have been better". If this plays out this way, I won't mind because I have been hoping it would.

For the past year--and longer for some--the theory has been that 20-0 was an inevitability. So, how do we get fans to doubt the outcome? Well, we put HHH in the match. He is part of the powers that be, so fans could be skeptical. He is giving himself a "third time's the charm" chance, his ego will allow him to pull rank and end the streak and pad his legacy, he will do this to put himself over....all the different theories of Triple H and his power/ego. But, that might not be enough. So, let's throw in 2-time WM-Taker loser/HHH best friend, HBK. Now fans have all sorts of reasons to think 19-1 is a possibility.

But, Taker playing them against each other made it seem like a) Taker will go 20-0 as most assume, b) it won't be as predictable as any other "going for 20-0" match would have been, and c) it sets up--what a lot of us wanted one or two WMs back---HBK vs HHH at the big show.

As Rock has proven, you don't have to be here all year to get hyped enough to make people want to see you at WM. Both HHH and HBK can stay out of the limelight for most of the year and still progress a storyline that will pay off next year.

I'm not one of these prognosticators who have to guess what will happen instead of just enjoying the show. But, this one played out in my mind weeks ago and, if this is true, it will be one "spoiler" that will not ruin the viewing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back