Triple H ego wants Sting at Wrestlemania when it should be Undertaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecoldhell

Occasional Pre-Show
Triple H ego has always been out of control.

The man talks for 20-30 minutes on every RAW. Backstage promos almost on every RAW. All RAW looks the same when Triple H "Authority" is there.

We all know Triple H is an asshole, he did the same thing last year Wrestlemania.

He wasn't supposed to be in it, but had to make himself relevant and put himself in a match against Daniel Bryan. Only to feed his ego - same thing will happen this year.

Triple H will steal Undertaker spot for Wrestlemania.

Now, I think Undertaker is old, but obviously it's a dream match for the fans. But let be sure, Triple H will do anything, to manipulate the fans to see that match happen.

Triple H wants to have Sting, and taking it from Undertaker.

He will do anything to be on RAW or seen at Wrestlemania. He's the biggest ego in this business, Shawn Michael was in the 90's, is Triple H in the 2000.

Undertaker - Sting is a dream match for fans who didn't even watch Sting and have no clue what they're talking about.

Sting is at his best when he's taking on ahole heels like HHH.

There's absolutely nothing about Undertaker that would suggest he'd be a great foe for Sting. A matchup of two 50+ year old babyfaces, whose gimmicks are/were NOTHING alike nor do their gimmicks compliment each other particularly well. No thanks.

The ONLY appeal is they are both old superstars/legends who have never wrestled each other......well, that appeal is there with HHH too(as well as Rock, HBK, Austin and every other WWE legend that never wrestled Sting).

HHH/The Authority is easily the best matchup for Sting. Also gives the possibility of him going against Rollins too, which would be another cool matchup.

Taker-Bray is a perfect matchup for both guys too.

The money match for WWE where Sting is concerned is against Rollins. Taker vs Bray will be good. I get it that they'll make a match between Orton and Rollins, but at this point, they could bring Orton back and have HHH work Randy. If you want Rollins to be a big name, have Sting lay down for him. You can do Sting vs HHH at Summerslam. The problem with Orton vs Rollins is that Orton, coming back from injury, will go over. Hold Orton vs Rollins for Summerslam.

Undertaker - Sting is a dream match for fans who didn't even watch Sting and have no clue what they're talking about.

Sting is at his best when he's taking on ahole heels like HHH.

There's absolutely nothing about Undertaker that would suggest he'd be a great foe for Sting. A matchup of two 50+ year old babyfaces, whose gimmicks are/were NOTHING alike nor do their gimmicks compliment each other particularly well. No thanks.

The ONLY appeal is they are both old superstars/legends who have never wrestled each other......well, that appeal is there with HHH too(as well as Rock, HBK, Austin and every other WWE legend that never wrestled Sting).

HHH/The Authority is easily the best matchup for Sting. Also gives the possibility of him going against Rollins too, which would be another cool matchup.

Taker-Bray is a perfect matchup for both guys too.

There is no way that an HHH vs Sting match can match up to a Taker vs Sting showdown.

HHH is still very much a regular on television, regardless of how often he gets into the ring. Taker on the other hand, will be returning for the first time after his Mania streak was conquered, and in addition to him appearing less than HHH, he has more star power than the Game does also, given he is arguably the best gimmick in WWE history.

Sting has finally made it into the WWE after a long long while, and he also has an all-time legendary gimmick like Taker.

So simply put, many have wanted to see the Taker vs Sting feud because of them both being Legendary Gimmicks in the World of Pro-Wrestling. Whether they are similar or not, is another debate altogether.

The only complaint levelled against a possible feud between the 2 is that the in-ring work will be below par. However, we are talking about 2 Legends in the business, one of which gave the best match at WrestleManias for the past 5 years and at last Mania, whilst his match got ruined by a concussion, the shocking end more than made up for it, as it was the Talk of Mania 30 when the dust has settled on the event itself even amongst many casuals, who used to follow just because of the Streak on a yearly basis.

WWE can bill the Undertaker vs Sting as a true Once in a Lifetime match, and I am sure it will get loads of interest, especially casuals and many of have stopped watching over the years.

Why isn't CM Punk complaining about WWE hiring this Sting guy and handing him a spot over so many other guys that are working their asses off?

An UT/Sting feud would be the biggest letdown of a feud in wrestling history. These guys would have nothing to feud over and the fans would not know who to support. This isn't two young faces working together like Hogan and Warrior. This isn't a career on the line like HBK and Flair or HBK and Taker. It would be two guys who no one wants to see go. One because he seems immortal and the other because he just got here.

Careful what you wish for WZ, the best outcome of Sting and UT is that the match is somewhat entertaining.

Honestly, I'm not so sure this is an ego issue with Triple H.

I think they're saving Taker vs. Sting for WM32, which will be Taker's final match (and probably Sting's too) at AT&T Stadium in Taker's home state of Texas. Not to mention, if it sells out, it could be over 100,000 people inside that huge stadium. So for aesthetic purposes, I think they're trying to hold off on this one for another year.

Plus, I think they want to get all they can get out of Sting before he hangs up his boots for good. A match with Triple H at Mania, possibly a match with Bray Wyatt or whoever else they might choose at SummerSlam or Survivor Series this year, and then the final showdown with Taker.

Triple H does have a huge ego, there's no question about that. I just don't know if that's the problem here. Plus, we all know he will put Sting over at Mania. Just like how he put Daniel Bryan over at WM30. I think the way they wrote for Sting to debut in WWE was pretty well done. I have no issue with him being "The Vigilante" that saved WWE from from The Authority. It was a nice twist we didn't see coming and that's pretty rare in the internet/social media era. The only issue I have is that we haven't seen or heard from Sting since. If he doesn't make another appearance by the Raw after the Royal Rumble, then it gets dragged out to long to keep my attention.

I agree that the people who are pushing for Sting vs Taker are fanboys who like the concept of Sting and the idea of the gimmick vs Taker gimmick. For anyone who has watched Sting in the last 5-10 years, somehow the idea of the punch, punch, chop, chop, punch, punch, try for Stinger splash just doesn't seem like a great idea. The beauty of Taker's matches since Mania 25 is that he's really only been expected to sell for better workers at the time. Sting circa 1990 against Taker 2000 would have been great. This is the idea that people want to pop for the two gimmicks in the ring. Well, give them the two gimmicks in the ring.....on Raw.... Pop the crowd, shoot for a number, and then let the idea of gimmick vs gimmick die.

Why isn't CM Punk complaining about WWE hiring this Sting guy and handing him a spot over so many other guys that are working their asses off?

An UT/Sting feud would be the biggest letdown of a feud in wrestling history. These guys would have nothing to feud over and the fans would not know who to support. This isn't two young faces working together like Hogan and Warrior. This isn't a career on the line like HBK and Flair or HBK and Taker. It would be two guys who no one wants to see go. One because he seems immortal and the other because he just got here.

Careful what you wish for WZ, the best outcome of Sting and UT is that the match is somewhat entertaining.

Ummmm, it could be because Punk has moved on from WWE, and it's a really shame that fan boys can't. Punk, at the time, had a legit gripe. He was the biggest thing going for the WWE, and he had to lay down for the Rock. Then, he gets beaten by another part timer who would then lay down for another part timer. Then he was pushed aside for another part timer who came back.

Honestly, I'm not so sure this is an ego issue with Triple H.

You can stop right there, or are you Triple H in disguise?

I think Taker is old. But they can't wait for Wrestlemania 32 - they are not getting younger.

Triple H wants to manipulate the WWE-fans again for a match vs Sting.

Every fan wants to see a showdown Undertaker vs Sting - that would be epic.

But, I'm not a fan of Undertaker or has to see him.

but from a fan-perspective from casuals - it should be Undertaker vs Sting.

But Triple H ego is out of control. The man is ego personified. They are teasing it.

I'm not even sure I'd want to see Taker/Sting at WM32, let alone WM31.

I've said it before that HHH will put over someone if it makes sense. This match up makes sense, with The Authority vs. the Vigilante angle. Plus Sting and Taker both need someone to carry them through a match. They can't do it together.

There's no ego here. HHH is the best option for now, just like he was last year with DB.

stonecoldhell makes terrible threads btw. I've seen his work.

The move to put Sting against Triple H is to protect what is best for their investment. This will be Stings first match in a WWE ring and he needs to go over. Triple H has the right amount of star power to give the match that epic environment and provide Sting with a high profile victory.

Ummmm, it could be because Punk has moved on from WWE, and it's a really shame that fan boys can't. Punk, at the time, had a legit gripe. He was the biggest thing going for the WWE, and he had to lay down for the Rock. Then, he gets beaten by another part timer who would then lay down for another part timer. Then he was pushed aside for another part timer who came back.

Thanks man. I forgot how when I am over something I totally do podcasts bitching about said thing. I also forgot how guys like The Rock, Cena, and Lesnar were not responsible for the huge Mania and Royal Rumble buy rates in '12 and '13. Which reminds me, do you understand sarcasm or do I have to add little winky faces to help you out?

But back on topic to appease the Spam Gods. Keep on assuming HHH is an ego maniac. The lords of kayfabe love it when you think the heel authority characters don't know what they are doing. Call them out of touch and ego maniacs, it is how they know they are doing a good job at keeping markdom alive in 2015. Ignore that they still let themselves get humiliated or even lose on occasion. That they are so awful that there are threads dedicated to them each week to how much they ruin things.

He never had a legit gripe.He's just a fucking crybaby. Obviously, they wanted the Rock to drop the belt to Cena at Wrestlemania. Therefore,Punk had to drop it, that's the way the business works. You can't start whining the moment something doesn't go your way. And seriously, lets stop acting like The Rock and Brock Lesnar were nobodies. They're bigger draws than CM Punk could ever hope to be. Seriously, Punk fans act like WWE had him jobbing to guys like the Mulkey Brothers and the Repo Man.

And I have to laugh at that "biggest thing going comment" When you're the biggest thing going, ppvs you headline don't do worse than that same ppv did the previous year.

Triple H's ego pushes him to ensure that he can enrich his "legacy" as much as possible by booking himself with the hot stars. He had to get three cracks at The Undertaker. He had to come out of semi-retirement to beat CM Punk. He had to face the uber-hot Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. He now has to face Sting.

Triple H can face every legend and hold every title a million times, but he's still just a decent, upper mid-card performer rammed into a main event slot. He never, ever had the X factor that Hogan, Savage, Austin, Rock, Undertaker and others had. Heck, the guy didn't even have the talent and charisma of IC-level guys like Hennig and Rude.

I was right on the Undertaker/Sting bandwagon for quite a while, but in all seriousness The Game is going to pull a much better match out of Sting. In fact, had Sting signed 5 years ago he would have still had a better match with Hunter. I doubt many will be complaining on March 30th that they would have rather seen Sting/Taker. Who the hell wants to watch those geezers hobbling around the ring anyway?

I am going to disagree here.....Not about HHH ego but about Taker/Sting being a better match

Now if teh streak was still going I could see it Sting wants to end that streak....but now why...Hey I have never wrestled in the WWE but I want to beat up the old guy who damn near got crippled last year?? On the other hand Stong vs an authority figure is an easy feud....
Plus Taker and Sting who loses??
Taker to end his career with 2 losses to people who dont need it....or Sting who if you want more matches out of diminish the value of such (much like Brock losing to Cena in his first match back

There's also a distinct possibility that the OP hasn't considered: Maybe The Undertaker doesn't want to wrestle Sting. In fact, maybe The Undertaker's in-ring career is over and even if it isn't, there's a distinct possibility that it should be.

To be completely honest, I'm tired of all the nostalgic horseshit that pops up every WrestleMania season. There are people who want Taker vs. Sting just for the sheer nostalgic sake of seeing arguably the two most respected wrestling legends of the past 30 years in the same ring together. But what happens if they get their wish and the match winds up crapping the big goose egg? I know what'll happen: you'll have everybody from dirt sheet writers, wrestlers, fans and pretty much anyone else with an opinion coming out of the woodwork condemning WWE for having the match in the first place. I'll also guarandamntee that some of those complainers will be some who were originally wanted the match to happen.

If Sting & Taker can't put on a good, physically competitive match, they shouldn't put on a match. In my opinion, there shouldn't be a Taker vs. Sting match just for the novelty of it being Taker vs. Sting, especially if there's serious doubt as to the match quality. These are two respected legends who should be remembered for what they've done for the business instead of embarrassing themselves in front of the wrestling world because they wouldn't hang it up.

Also, if the streak was in tact, there'd be even less point to Taker vs. Sting. There's NO WAY under God's blue sky that Vince McMahon would allow Sting to be the one to end the streak so, again, the match would be all about servicing the nostalgiaholics. And even if by some miracle Sting did end the streak, you know what'd happen then? The internet would blow up from all the Tweets and posts in forums denouncing that Sting ended the streak because he "didn't need it" even more so than they did with Brock Lesnar. So, again, this match is all about just having Sting & Taker meet and the almost inevitable complaints that would arise afterward if the match turned out to be shitty.

If a Sting match does happen at WrestleMania, Triple H is the FAR better option. There could be a real story behind the build up of the match, Triple H is still as healthy as a horse, he's possibly in the best shape of his life, he can still deliver inside the ring and he has a better chance of helping Sting pull off a strong match at this point than Taker does.

I doubt this has anything to do with Triple H's ego. Triple H has a big ego, no question about that; I'd be hugely surprised if he hadn't considering how big of a star he is and how much power he wields in the largest wrestling company in the world. However, if his ego was as out of control as the OP suggests, I don't see why he'd spend the entirety of 2014 putting over other, younger and much fresher stars on the roster like Daniel Bryan and The Shield.

Triple H is probibly just trying to play it safe by setting up some groundwork for a fued with Sting. As of right now, we aren't sure what taker is going to do. We also aren't sure how long sting is going to be around, so it's a good idea to have something in place for sting, rather than just throwing something together at the end

Thanks man. I forgot how when I am over something I totally do podcasts bitching about said thing. I also forgot how guys like The Rock, Cena, and Lesnar were not responsible for the huge Mania and Royal Rumble buy rates in '12 and '13. Which reminds me, do you understand sarcasm or do I have to add little winky faces to help you out?

But back on topic to appease the Spam Gods. Keep on assuming HHH is an ego maniac. The lords of kayfabe love it when you think the heel authority characters don't know what they are doing. Call them out of touch and ego maniacs, it is how they know they are doing a good job at keeping markdom alive in 2015. Ignore that they still let themselves get humiliated or even lose on occasion. That they are so awful that there are threads dedicated to them each week to how much they ruin things.

Do you mean the two part podcast interview that he did a couple of months ago to clear the air because fan boys and hacks were speculating because of the fact that he stayed radio silent since he left? Right...that's what I thought. The difference is that he did one, two part interview, and that has been it. He moved on, did a vent session, and then he's finished. It is bitter fan boys that haven't let go of their bitterness.

As for him not being the best thing they had going, if Vince didn't think that he was the top dog he wouldn't have left the strap on him for as long as he did. Now, someone will say that the belt doesn't mean anything, well then, it wouldn't have mattered if Rock vs Cena was for the belt, would it? The strap is the indicator, and he held it for longer than any one on recent memory. It isn't like Vince hasn't pulled the pin on guys before. The problem is that Vince gave him the ball, and stuck him in quick sand with it. He gave more respect to part timers than the guy he showed faith in. Yeah, he is right to have been upset. I can safely assume that none of you have competed at a high level in sports, and therefore don't really understand.

Of course HHH wants to be the one who wrestle Sting in his first WWE match, HHH has made a career out of (trying to) rub elbows with the big names. Contrary to the way WWE programming perceives him (no family bias / creative control / "peer editing" going on there, I'm sure), HHH has never been "the man"; he has always been the guy working with 'the man'. I'm actually surprised HHH never surpassed Flair's World title reigns (I guess there still is time). I'm even more surprised that HHH allowed Cena and Andre's pictures to be placed ahead of his in the "Then, now, forever" intro to WWE programming. But to get back to the original point, Sting will draw, no matter what. With ratings dwindling (partly, in my opinion, because of the insane amount of talking during WWE programming, led by HHH + Steph), they need to do something to bring fans back. Sting-'Taker will bring fans back. Sting fans, 'Taker fans, Attitude Era fans, and younger fans will be drawn to the back story, the weeks leading up to the match, and the aura of a match years in the making. Simply put, HHH just wants to be in the match so he can say he was the first one to wrestle Sting in a WWE ring. For the sake of the fans (and the business), I hope it's Sting-'Taker. But unfortunately, HHH, by virtue of his "connections", will get what he wants (again). So we'll see you all at WM 31, where Sting will have his orchestra playing, black and white face pain in tow, while HHH will have his extravagant (dare I say "God-like") entrance, covered in gold, with some special accessories. Hopefully, HHH won't put up a stink about Sting coming out second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back