Sad Songs

Thanks man. I was a little unsure in regards to making it work. Got it now hopefully though.

[youtube]Zx3m4e45bTo[/youtube]

YES! The Verve are just amazing in every way a band can be. I prefer Lucky Man though.

Here's a song that falls more under the umbrella of "achingly beautiful" then sad. A perfect song in every way, "Colours" by Donovan. This is actually just a scene from the film The Rules of Attraction (I'm awaiting your giddiness JMT), but it goes along so well with the song that I had to post it.

[youtube]Sh_dTLB2M6Y[/youtube]​

YES! The Verve are just amazing in every way a band can be. I prefer Lucky Man though.

Both Lucky Man and Bittersweet Symphony are two of my favorite songs ever. Glad to see them mentioned, though I don't consider either one of them sad.

Here's a song that falls more under the umbrella of "achingly beautiful" then sad. A perfect song in every way, "Colours" by Donovan. This is actually just a scene from the film The Rules of Attraction (I'm awaiting your giddiness JMT), but it goes along so well with the song that I had to post it.

[youtube]Sh_dTLB2M6Y[/youtube]​

Probably one of the most perfect placed songs in any scene in the history of cinema. Great stuff.

And I wish the Frog had more scenes in the film. What a goofy looking dude he was.

Incredibly random thing I noticed the other day while watching the Rules of Attraction the other day that I had never noticed before JMT...the junkie that owes Sean money is Fred Savage! Kevin freakin' Arnold himself shootin' up heroin into his toes! :lmao: I can't BELIEVE I never noticed that before!

Incredibly random thing I noticed the other day while watching the Rules of Attraction the other day that I had never noticed before JMT...the junkie that owes Sean money is Fred Savage! Kevin freakin' Arnold himself shootin' up heroin into his toes! :lmao: I can't BELIEVE I never noticed that before!

Lol, how could you not know that? Shit man, the day after I saw it I brought a copy of the film to my mom just so she could see that scene and see little Kevin Arnold all grown up. It was fucking priceless.

"Oohhh.. I can feel my dick! I can feel my dick!"

I noticed that the first time through. I actually like that scene.

for me, its come on get higher, by matt nathanson, because there was this girl, kinda like a girlfried, which would be my first girlfriend, it was the first song we danced to.... i think about her whenever i hear it. it sucks.

[youtube]F_HPh9DBzsU[/youtube]

In This Moment is a very fan friendly band, and has received many many e-mails and messages from fans, who said that their music helped them through hard times. They wrote this song, as a song for fans to connect to, and get through the hard times they'd face in life.

[youtube]DLUVVZCscdM[/youtube]

That song was written by Maria for a close friend of her's that had passed. She ended up singing it at his funeral, and rarely plays it live, because she breaks down in the middle of it...There's a lot of motion in the lyrics, and it comes through with her vocals...

[youtube]o9zxrIlFpCk[/youtube]

Sully read Neil Peart's book, about how he had lost his family, and went on a motorcycle ride to try and get away from everything. This song was the result of all that. The first time they ever played it live, was at an acoustic show in Boston, and Neil happened to be in attendance, and broke down in tears in the crowd...​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back