Sad Songs

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Everynight before I go to sleep I always find myself listening to really sad/beautiful kinds of songs. So what are some of your guys favorite sad/beautiful/emotional songs? I'm talking about stuff like this...

[youtube]7hxe85iErew[/youtube]​

I know, incredibly random thread idea. Just trying to get ideas of songs similiar to that or, say "Thirteen" by Big Star (rep to anyone who even knows who that is.)

So what are some of your favorite sad/beautiful songs? Feel free to post vid's.

...EDIT: Okay, so everyone on YouTube is a fucking asshole who disables embedding videos, so unfortunately Brick by Ben Folds Five doesn't work (heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axpuVLQ_m4w But I'm sure many of you have heard it before. So instead, heres a song in the same vein as the previous one and another one of my favorite "sad" songs, "The Freshman" by the Verve Pipe.

Here's another song that always punches me straight in the heart, "These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding.

[youtube]K-FQL-tJ3ic[/youtube]​

You mother father.

I was going to do this same thread two days ago.

Fast Car- Tracy Chapman
[youtube]Orv_F2HV4gk[/youtube]

Heres one for the indie hipsters, one of my personal all time favorite songs ever of any genre, "Dramamine" by Modest Mouse.

[youtube]TK1bi4emEkk[/youtube]​

And heres one for the Emo kids.

[youtube]s8hOrhv_VAA[/youtube]​

Let's try and make this the most depressing thread ever guys! Full of songs that you listen to at 3AM, slightly drunk and reflecting on your life.

[youtube]FQrhA6QtWOM[/youtube]
[youtube]s4_4abCWw-w[/youtube]​

The first one is "Angeles" by Eliott Smith (anything by Smith or Nick Drake could easily be inserted in this thread, the two saddest songwriters ever, and two of the most beautiful) and the second one is "Heartbeats" by Jose Gonzalez.

[youtube]zH46SmVv8SU[/youtube]

Anyone that issues with their father can reflect with this song.

Freshman came out my freshman year of high school. That song became a recurring theme throughout high school.

But, my favorite ballads are November Rain and Bohemian Rhapsody. Both of these song stir up emotional motifs from my life. November Rain really brings back the happiness of the times I spent with those I lost. It used to make me said, but now, I can listen to it with fondness.

The Queen song reminds me of regret, and makes me want to strive to get better and defeat the demons in my life.

I feel like the mother fucking Batman when this song plays in my car.

[youtube]pxM4EbN9lMY[/youtube]

I just start judging the world and shit...then Pop Bottles comes back on and I'm my old civilian self again.

This personally has alot of meaning to me. It was played at my great Grandma's funeral and if I'm being honest, I didn't really know her all that well. She died in December of 2007 and the last time I saw her was around August 2007. Before then I had not seen her since 1997.

So anyway I went to her funeral (which just so happened to be on Christmas Eve of all times) and this was played during the service. And I remember just sitting there crying silently, realising that I never really got the chance to know her, something I regret.

Josh Groban - To Where You Are

[youtube]-uIQp9Dqcrw[/youtube]

I'm not sure if you really consider it a sad song, but I've always like 14 Years by Guns N' Roses. It reminds me of just all the pain I've went through my whole life, especially since I started school nine years ago and how much pain I've went through with people picking on me. Because truly, they think they're so much better, but if it was them getting picked on, well they wouldn't be able to keep it together and if they knew hal the real truth (as the lyrics go) of how I felt then they wouldn't do it.

I also like the songs sweet Child O' Mine (GNR) and Far Away by Nickelback. They kind of remind of unrequitted love and crushes I've experience.

And Ugly by The Exies rocks. It just has that apathetic, I hurt, I'm no good feel to it I usually feel so sorry for when people tell me they feel like that.

[youtube]ClhNPb3mmpI[/youtube]

The first time I heards this song was at my HS graduation. During that time in my life I was depressed because my life was change more than it ever had before and I had no idea what I was going to do. Listening to this song helped me realize that even though my life was about to change drastically that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I honestly din't know where I'd be if they hadn't played this song.

When I listen to this song now I think about all the great times me and my friends had in HS and how much I've changed since then.

Eh...I find it depressing, if you listen to the lyrics, but it motivates me at the same time.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBt0k7__uJM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBt0k7__uJM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Expanding on the "Mad World" Donnie Darko theme, another of of my all time favorite songs ever.

[youtube]-Q6nKP10j4s[/youtube]​

And here's another one of my favorite songs by one of my all time favorite groups the Stone Roses.

[youtube]1g09GzbctlA[/youtube]​

And here's a song that I listened to endlessly in middle and high school, this one is more cathartic and angry. I was ridiculiously in love with this girl that adored Placebo and I remember making a mixtape with a bunch of their songs on it for her, lol. Love the line "Now your lover went and put me in the ground".

[youtube]SiNPLw9MeYw[/youtube]​

And WHAT would this thread be without some god damn Morrissey?! Possibly the all time saddest and most beautiful song, ever. Asleep by The Smiths

[youtube]LK8H7Qn3ifA[/youtube]​

Any fans of Perks of Being a Wallflower?

[youtube]tckZkaV8_yU[/youtube]

[youtube]DP2VyquMAaM[/youtube]

[youtube]hkbdP7sq0w8[/youtube]
possibly the best on these 3. Dust in the Wind is amazing.

This one is pretty heavy. I used to listen to it all the time. It's country...fuck it. Give it a listen, anyone who has loved and lost will understand this one.

[youtube]LcVCFrpLnAI[/youtube]

Trent Tomlinson really knows how to hit a nerve with me. Three days after my daddy died this song came on the radio, I was driving down the road, and it was the first time I ever heard it. I had to pull over. It effected me that much. Every lyric in this song reflect my dad so much. He was an angel, with no halo and one wing in the fire.

[youtube]CiwSIMQb9r4[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back