Ryback

Yet some of the greatest in-ring workers in WWE history don't use a whole lot of moves.

Hence, why I think that the number of moves doesn't fucking matter.

John Cena is one of the best in-ring workers today -- the IWC perpetuates the idea that he isn't good, solely based on the fact that he has a limited move set, but it doesn't change the fact that they're wrong. Moves don't make you a good in-ring worker.

John Cena is one of the best in-ring workers today -- the IWC perpetuates the idea that he isn't good, solely based on the fact that he has a limited move set, but it doesn't change the fact that they're wrong. Moves don't make you a good in-ring worker.

I don't think that most of the IWC is in the camp that chants "You can't wrestle" at Cena. I would hope that most realize that practically any trained professional wrestler with over a decade of experience is capable of performing any move that their own physical body proportions allow, even if they look akward when using them(as Cena does when using a move he rarely executes).

I would hope that most of the Cena haters are more focused on his being "stale" or "corny", believing the types of rhetoric that The Rock used to build their match last year. Or they believe stories that degrade his backstage relations.

To claim Cena as being incapable to wrestle effectively in light of some of the matches he has worked seems like a counter-productive argument that you are bound to lose. There is other more relevant fuel available to the haters. But then I could be wrong.

Besides, the WWE style inherently limits its competitor's move sets. You're not gonna see a Daniel Bryan/Seth Rollins match in the WWE get worked the same as a Bryan Danielson/Tyler Black match in ROH. They are different animals. But that doesn't mean the match can't be comparably effective.

Tyler Black fucking sucked. He made Danielson dull. WWE style matches are the best thing that ever happened to our Mr Rollins.

Hell, I'd say that the WWE does a lot of favours for a lot of guys' ring work. RVD is my favourite wrestler and contrary to popular belief, I think his best days were as a slave to the WWE machine. They make better workers of people. And working is what Cena excels at.

I don't think that most of the IWC is in the camp that chants "You can't wrestle" at Cena. I would hope that most realize that practically any trained professional wrestler with over a decade of experience is capable of performing any move that their own physical body proportions allow, even if they look akward when using them(as Cena does when using a move he rarely executes).

I would hope that most of the Cena haters are more focused on his being "stale" or "corny", believing the types of rhetoric that The Rock used to build their match last year. Or they believe stories that degrade his backstage relations.

To claim Cena as being incapable to wrestle effectively in light of some of the matches he has worked seems like a counter-productive argument that you are bound to lose. There is other more relevant fuel available to the haters. But then I could be wrong.

"CZENA ONLY NOEZ FOUR MOVEZ!" I've seen more of that than anything else. I've seen people claim that he's an awful worker time and time again, which is flat-out ridiculous. I see what you're saying, though.

Besides, the WWE style inherently limits its competitor's move sets. You're not gonna see a Daniel Bryan/Seth Rollins match in the WWE get worked the same as a Bryan Danielson/Tyler Black match in ROH. They are different animals. But that doesn't mean the match can't be comparably effective.

Actually, I'd agree with Coco on this one. The WWE style has different parameters than, say, the Ring of Honor style, but I firmly believe it accentuates the best qualities of the wrestlers involved in them. It keeps guys like Seth Rollins from resorting to their indy circuit style, which makes their matches more focused and concentrated rather than turning into spotfests, which may have have been more likely to happen under the ROH banner. WWE makes sure its wrestlers are less focused on sequences of moves, and shifts that into telling a better story. Personally, I'll take that over the common indy scene style. That's not to say I dislike ROH -- I mean, the product is definitely not at the level it once was and my interest has waned -- but I can't say I think their style benefits their product. A lot of those guys end up being much better in the WWE, because they are given a better structure to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back